Colorado Springs, CO
Pikes Peak Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Pikes Peak Community College

Ladonna

Do not procrastinate and live life to the fullest. Also do not let it stress you out, it is a new chapter in life, just enjoy the experience and work hard.

The idea of being successful and knowing that there are people that will support me.

I dont think there is anything bad about it, it is what you make of it.

Jeffrey

I would address myself about goals and responsibilty. College is a tool for life, not just the next thing to do in life. Only attend school when you are ready to participate fully. The amount of effort that is put in to the life training is directly related to the outcome. If you are not ready to put in 100% then wait until the time that you are ready. If the focus is on social interactions and finding new adult hobbies then the outcome will not be academically positive. Academic preparation for upcoming jobs is the goal. The other activities are fun and a worthwhile growing experience but don't waste the money and professors time by messing around too much. If you need to go "find yourself" then do it and attend college when you are ready. Therefore my major advice is to attend college when you are ready, not before, so that you can suceed in what you are doing. You get out what you put in so put in 100% or wait until you are ready to do so.

PPCC is currently very wishy washy about the requirerments for the career I am interested in, which is frustrating.

My school is able to make a fit to any student out there. The person just graduating high school to the adult who is making a career change part way through life. I am the second variety. Unlike other schools and universities in my area, PPCC is able to cater to my complicated life. I not only worry about my school schedual but the scheduals of my two kids. This institution has an atmosphere the invites the older student to fit in and excel.

Eric

If I could go back in time I would tell myself that happiness is not something that can be obtained from a drug, job, person in your life, a drink, or any physical thing. I would tell myself not to put my faith in any of these things instead, put it in God. The problem with trusting in people or creations of men is that they fail and leave us in a state of despair with thoughts of failure, something god could never do. Put your faith in god follow his commandments the best you can. Do your best in all things and leave the results to God!

I think that the worst thing about my school is the cafeteria. The cafeteria is over priced and some of the prepaired food is not healthy; for example they serve alot of pizza and fried foods.

The type of person I believe should not attend Butte college is someone accustom to largely populated classes and who doese not have the need for tutoring and other student services.

Jeremy

The best peice of advice i could give myself as a high school senior would be to really focus more on the steps I'm taking towards a career. I would tell myself not to party as much as i did and to give all my efforts to my school work and going to classes. It's the one thing now that i have to battle the entire time that I will be in college. I wasted money and chances by not thinking about college seriously and I even had someone else paying for my education. Now, I'm paying on my own and have to actually work to pay for everything. So, really, the best advice to give would be to think long and hard about going to college and make sure that I am ready for such a large responsibility to myself.

Nothing. It's a school I'm going to so i can get my GPA up before I return to UCCS.

Probably the High School atmosphere it offers.

the machanc shop in the back

the machanc shop in the back

I would say that i need to take it slow and read more. The test in college are harder and people are meaner and rougher. They push you and push you to make you success. I need to work on my test so that can push the test in the college assessment test. i hope to never have to take english. it was fun in high school but i really needed to work harder and feel that i know something.

i know everything that i could about the college and my degree.

Kerri

I consider my school very relaxed because of the small classroom environment.

I consider my school very relaxed because of the small classroom environment.

I would tell myself to go to college immediately following high school instead of waiting ten years. I chose to put my college on hold and to get married so I would have to tell myself not to get married and focus on going to college and making a career for myself.

Only having certain courses offered at certain campuses. This requires me to travel to different campuses for certain courses that I need and I prefer the convience of attending all my classes at the same campus.

Their medical track and culinary arts.

Their medical track and culinary arts.

I would tell myself that even though the classes are not what you like, it helps you out in the long run. Also to turn your homework in on time.

Spencer

If I could go back to when I was a senior in high school, I would tell my self a couple of things. The first is that by far the most important thing in doing well is to get all the assignments in. If someone can do this, very frequently an A will follow. The second thing I would tell myself is to not try and do everything I want in my life. When college started I was also working 25 hours a week and found I had to choose only few activities to participate in. The final bit of advice I would give is to not buy a class books until you're in the class and can see whether or not you'll really need it. I find about 1 class a semester won't need a book, which is $100 saved if you don't buy it.

The worst thing is that it's a community college. This means no dorms and the people don't talk much. It generally lacks a feel of community.

How small the class sizes are. Having a class that doesn't have more than 20 people is awesome. It makes it really easy to ask questions and get help.

Marlene

I would tell myself to stop, slow down, and look what is around you. Start thinking about tomarrow so that you can at least be more prepared. Go to school and finish with great oppurtunities. That life is great as long as you make it so. Be smart dont let others influence you. Make your own desicion and arise to any challenge. Never be afraid of what other might say or do as long as it is not directed to you. Wait to settle down and have children. Enjoy your youth and becareful with your body. It is the only one you have. No one will take care of you unless you take care of yourself.

Once of the best things about the school is the price. I am able to studies certain classes as a fraction of the price in my transfer university setting. The schools layout is pretty well designed. Anyone can find what they are looking for. Especially when they have maps at every inter section. Certain staff member truely are concern with how one is doing in the class and try to falicitate tutors and any other addition help. Their curriculium is vast. I like to Hybrid and online classes, but most of all most of the teachers are genuin and knowledable.

Anyone can attend this school. The vast majority that do attend are those straight out of high school. Others that do attend inhabit the night shift, and usually those are the one that work or have other obligation during the day. From my experience i have seen young and old, vast culture intergration and social skills. I have seen physically challenge individual seeking the same oppurtunities as i am. That part makes me want to go to school more. I guess the kind of people that go to this school are those who are determine to succeed.

Time management has to be one of the most important aspects of success in college. Scheduling study times throughout the week may help with time management. It's' also a good idea to make self-imposed deadlines for assignments as well. At times, it can feel like there is plenty of time outside of the classroom to get things complete, but without structure and time lines, many assignments are not given their full attention in order to achieve good grades. Most importantly, I believe that it would be a benefit to most students to find someone who actually has a job that he/she is trying to achieve by getting their college degree. Nothing can be more valuable than real, lifetime, experiences. Knowing what is required of a profession, can inspire any student to either pursue their education with passion or to search for an alternative route that will bring lasting success.

This school is not for the student who wants to experience the social life that some colleges can bring. If a person is looking for a school with many extra-curricular activities or varieties of clubs and opportunities for athletics, then this school would not be a good choice.

Sometimes the communte to a campus across the city, is not the most convenient.

Pikes Peak Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.