Colorado Springs, CO
Pikes Peak Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Pikes Peak Community College

Their medical track and culinary arts.

Their medical track and culinary arts.

I would tell myself that even though the classes are not what you like, it helps you out in the long run. Also to turn your homework in on time.

Spencer

If I could go back to when I was a senior in high school, I would tell my self a couple of things. The first is that by far the most important thing in doing well is to get all the assignments in. If someone can do this, very frequently an A will follow. The second thing I would tell myself is to not try and do everything I want in my life. When college started I was also working 25 hours a week and found I had to choose only few activities to participate in. The final bit of advice I would give is to not buy a class books until you're in the class and can see whether or not you'll really need it. I find about 1 class a semester won't need a book, which is $100 saved if you don't buy it.

The worst thing is that it's a community college. This means no dorms and the people don't talk much. It generally lacks a feel of community.

How small the class sizes are. Having a class that doesn't have more than 20 people is awesome. It makes it really easy to ask questions and get help.

Marlene

I would tell myself to stop, slow down, and look what is around you. Start thinking about tomarrow so that you can at least be more prepared. Go to school and finish with great oppurtunities. That life is great as long as you make it so. Be smart dont let others influence you. Make your own desicion and arise to any challenge. Never be afraid of what other might say or do as long as it is not directed to you. Wait to settle down and have children. Enjoy your youth and becareful with your body. It is the only one you have. No one will take care of you unless you take care of yourself.

Once of the best things about the school is the price. I am able to studies certain classes as a fraction of the price in my transfer university setting. The schools layout is pretty well designed. Anyone can find what they are looking for. Especially when they have maps at every inter section. Certain staff member truely are concern with how one is doing in the class and try to falicitate tutors and any other addition help. Their curriculium is vast. I like to Hybrid and online classes, but most of all most of the teachers are genuin and knowledable.

Anyone can attend this school. The vast majority that do attend are those straight out of high school. Others that do attend inhabit the night shift, and usually those are the one that work or have other obligation during the day. From my experience i have seen young and old, vast culture intergration and social skills. I have seen physically challenge individual seeking the same oppurtunities as i am. That part makes me want to go to school more. I guess the kind of people that go to this school are those who are determine to succeed.

Time management has to be one of the most important aspects of success in college. Scheduling study times throughout the week may help with time management. It's' also a good idea to make self-imposed deadlines for assignments as well. At times, it can feel like there is plenty of time outside of the classroom to get things complete, but without structure and time lines, many assignments are not given their full attention in order to achieve good grades. Most importantly, I believe that it would be a benefit to most students to find someone who actually has a job that he/she is trying to achieve by getting their college degree. Nothing can be more valuable than real, lifetime, experiences. Knowing what is required of a profession, can inspire any student to either pursue their education with passion or to search for an alternative route that will bring lasting success.

This school is not for the student who wants to experience the social life that some colleges can bring. If a person is looking for a school with many extra-curricular activities or varieties of clubs and opportunities for athletics, then this school would not be a good choice.

Sometimes the communte to a campus across the city, is not the most convenient.

michelle

I love this school, it provides all the help students need to succeed, such as tutors, writing centers, math and computer lab...

I love this school, it provides all the help students need to succeed, such as tutors, writing centers, math and computer labs.

If I had the chance to go back in time and talk to myself as a senior, I would first tell myself to go to college insted of trying to join the workforce for mininmum wage for so many years. I would tell myself to talk to my highschool councler and get the information I needed to sign up for college and then as soon as I was registered for college I would tell my self to always ask for information. No guestion is a dumb question, only the ones that never get asked. Then as soon as classes started I would tell myself to always make time for homework, no matter what. I would aslo tell myself to make sure to get help when I needed it from tutors, instuctors, or peer groups.

Micah

It's probably the least expensive. It has a very small architectural program. The scholarship department has been very helpful. It has about four campuses.

I would listen to my parents more. I would work harder to excel in academics and also in relationships, giving my all. I would learn from the best in a stronger way.

My college is small, and, therefore, I get personal instruction. It has welcomed me with open arms. I have a number of friends there. It is inexpensive and near my home. It's been a great place to transition from high school to a higher university. The academics are very good. They offered my major. The administration is professional and caring.

Micah

My classmates, for the most part, are avidly pursuing a career. This community college draws people who are not there just for the social aspects, but who are there to obtain a degree for the working world.

Listen to your parents. Help those in need. Listen to the cries of friends and acquaintances, and try to reach out to them. See teachers as people who have real needs, themselves, and try to come around them. Excel in knowledge by listening to the news and reading the newspapers. Be active in sports, staying fit and learning lifelong habits that will keep my body running for a long time. Become a learner so that I will attack problems in the future, taking steps to go through the clouds and come out on top. Learn patience with those who hurt me and seek my wrong. Roll over problems and see the good in people and circumstances. Be a winner, in thought, in action, in perseverance.

It's small, ;it's not real professional. Classes and teachers are limited.

Micah

Micah, you should spend more time shadowing professionals so that you would make more contacts in your possible fields of study. It would give you more of an idea of what to go into and a better field of the scope of opportunities. Start working on scholarship applications sooner and work more diligently on them. Really buckle in to studies so that you will be as ready for college as possible academically. Learn how to cook, to budget, and to repair the car, as well about car insurance. Learn about what your medical insurance will be like next year. Ask your parents and other adults for advice as often as possible, as they have a lot to impart. Continue loving people, even though you're very busy and in the midst of many changes. Put God first, and everything will come into place. Keep your chin up when things don't go the way you think they should. Learn to roll over problems, knowing that there will be a bright and shining future for you, and that you will do well in all you do. Be thankful in all things.

I can't get a four year architectural degree here.

A person who should attend this school is one who wants to get a degree fairly quickly and get into the working world. It is a very good school for individuals pursuing a trade, such as auto mechanic, med tech, radiology tech (limited scope), CNA, and others.

Jason

College is nothing like high school at all. Any idiot can graduate high school without even trying. You have to do all the homework and all the reading every single time in college. Getting behind is almost certain doom, do any homework or reading the day it is assigned. Trying to work ahead or play catch up both dont sync with the way your mind works. doing all homework or reading the day it is assigned is the best policy. If nothing is assigned the lecture will make alot more sense if you read the material before the teacher goes over it. It dosnt matter what other people do, or how well you usually learn from just lecture. Take your own notes all class every class, dont be afriad to say something to the teacher or ask a question. The most important thing is to do all the homework and reading. If theres not enough homework assigned do some of the homework from the book on your own. Use any online resources available. Youll be lucky to get all B's if you do do all this. Its that much harder than high school.

The best thing about Pikes Peak Community College is that is is less expensive than the other colleges in the city.

Someone who's overly concered with the appearence of the school, salary bracket quality of the teachers, or extra curricular school activities.

Pikes Peak Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.