Westville, IN
Purdue University-North Central Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Purdue University-North Central Campus

Ellie

Purdue University- North Central Campus, now known as Purdue Northwest after a merge with another local Purdue campus, provides opportunities for people like me! I have had 5 surgeries on my left leg and the school has gone out of its way to help me further my education despite my setbacks. Whether it is creating new class times, providing access to all classes, or checking on my safety and progress of my medical achievements. However, I must say that since the merge, the Elementary Education program has not made it easy for me to graduate. They did not “grandfather in” the students who where already there before the merge, making it harder for us to graduate and fulfill the course work. Many of my fellow classmates have had to extend their graduation date and add new classes that were simply renamed. In all, I must say that this college has provided me with the opportunities I needed to fulfill my dream of becoming a teacher. Especially after having to leave Purdue University - Main Campus due to medical issues. This local campus has worked with me and provided me with all the necessary tools to graduate and become the teacher I have always wanted to be!

Lacey

My overall opinion of Purdue University-North Central Campus is good. I am currently attending as a dual credit student through Westville High School and they have given us a decent college experience. The class sizes are nice and professors are highly accessible. It's a university close to home that educates well. There are plenty of after school clubs to get involved into and is a very quaint campus.

I like Purdue North Central. Everyone on the campus is always so helpful. The teachers will help you if you have questions. This faculty wants the students to do well and succeed. They want us to be able to graduate from there and do well in life. The class sizes are not too extremely big either. There is about thirty students in each class, but I am still able to connect with the teacher one on one if I have questions about an assignment.

Kristen

I love this University. The campus size is perfect for me. My professors are always available and helpful. I also love the facilities such as the library and study lounges. I have made many great friends in each of my classes. I also love taking nature walks on the trails.

Rylee

I think that the campus is diverse in its own way. There are not many sporting opportunities or ways to make friends. As for housing, there are apartments across the street which I lived in while attending. Overall the school is well kept and affordable.

Joseph

I have enjoyed my time at the North Central campus! As far as universities go it's relatively small, so everyone knows just about everyone else, including professors. I can't count how many times I have run into my professors around campus and had conversations with them. It's a good school, the academics are challenging, but there's always help to be found if you need it, whether it be from professors, tutors, or other students.

Purdue University-North Central is a very good school if you apply yourself. If you seize the opportunities that are presented to you then you can achieve whatever you would like at a very cheap tuition cost. The downside Is that there are not as many majors available to you as there would be at a bigger college. The professors are usually readily available and open to help you if needed. It is very easy to connect with academic advisors, and just about anyone else that you need to contact during your schooling at PNC. The food is well below average, and I would not suggest spending your time or money in the school cafeteria. If you're looking for a cheap school and are willing to settle for average academics and extra curricular activities then PNC is perfect.

Ceara

Shortly after World War II Purdue had began offering technical classes. It began offering an engineering program to freshman, and grew from there. As of more recently, in 2002 it opened a 24 hour emergency veterinary center for small animals. This would be how I identify to PNC, because I have taken our family dog there numerous times for care.

Look into your school BEFORE commiting! There is nothing more frustrating than running around campus like a chicken with your head cut off. Figure out how your school's system works, as far as contacting advisors, and setting up meetings to ensure success. You have to advocate for yourself! Check out your professor's ratings on RateMyProfessor.com to see what former students can offer you as far as who is will enrich your college career, versus blow it off. On day one of class, be overprepared. Be the nerd with sticky notes, and your planner out, ready to jot down important dates. Have highlighters, page markers, and an extra pencil for the kid who forgot one, on hand. Once you surpass syllabus day, find the time to meet your professors 1-on-1. Get to know them, and feel comfortable in asking them for help, because thats what they're there for. There is no time that you DON'T have homework. Time that you don't spend studying is time you are already putting yourself behind. It is always better to be one step ahead! Last but not least, set aside the time to overprepare!

The support system PNC has to offer is remarkable compared to the first university I began at. Inlcuding professors, and SI tutors working under professors, there is a substatial difference in how they handle their classes as well as prepare their students for success. Being able to get a near-immediate response from either an advisor, professor, or tutor, makes all the difference when you're a freshman on campus still trying to learn the ropes.

Valerie

My classmates come from all backgrounds, but have one thing in common: their desire to learn and prosper.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would say one thing. Relax. As the salutatorian of my senior class, I am naturally competitive in my schooling and want to be the best that I can be. I had the preconceived notion that college would be filled with classmates who only want to do well for themselves. That is not the case at all. With only one semester of college under my belt I already have great friends who are so helpful if I am ever struggling with understanding a concept. It is extremely comforting to know that I'm not in this college experience along. I would tell myselft that making friends comes easy as long as you stay true to yourself and keep your best interests at heart. I would also tell myself that I would be on track to graduate with a Bachelor's degree a year early, and that hard work really does pay off!

I honestly think that Purdue University North Central is a great school for anybody. The Professors and staff are beyond accommodating to any needs that a student may have. Since the class sizes are so small, students are almost guaranteed to receive any extra help they may need, as well as genuinely getting to know their classmates. I can't think of any kind of person that shouldn't attend this school.

Purdue University-North Central Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.