Palatka, FL
Saint Johns River State College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Saint Johns River State College

Ellen

The stereotype is that everyone is friendly and cares about each other and this stereotype is most accurate.

The students are very encouraging of one another and many of them actually spend time in the tutoring center to help other students who are struggling in their classwork. There are also many high school seniors who attend college part-time even before they officially earn their diploma.

They are very competitive and you must really apply yourself to spend adequate time to studying in order to achieve an excellent grade.

dustin

I would tell my self to try harder in high school and make good grades because when life hits you its not a joke. Getting into a good college and not getting a full time job was the best thing for me and thats what I should have done. I went to work and did a few classes at a community college. I should have experianced a university with my freinds. I do not regret what I have done with my life , I would have just did it a tad bit differant if I had a choice.

Getting in touch with financial aid representatives or couselors.

Gabrielle

My school is the most wonderful college I've attended so far because of everything it's about: racial diversity, involvement of all the students and teachers to helping each other to succeed, straight-forward academic cirriculum, positive school spirit, well-designed class etics, well informed teachers, lots of opportunities for seeking degrees and transferring to other colleges, and flexible class schedules.

My classmates are very friendly, engaging, tolerant of everyone else's belief's, interests, and backrounds, racially diverse, interactive, and helpful toward each other.

If I had the chance to talk to myself as a high schol senior, I would tell myself that it is okay to start small and work my way up. I do not have to automatically apply for universities and pick a major right away, I can start taking classes at a community college to start figuring out what subject I would want to major in. When I was a senior in high school, I still had no idea what I wanted to do with the rest of my life. My parents tried to pressure me to apply to universities right away and start picking a major, but my relatives told me that I could easily start at a community college. Community colleges have a plethora of classes that help with figuring out what to major in such as business, health sciences, science, English and literature, education, social sciences, and art, so I would be able to experience the different fields and make my choice easier. Community college also prepared me to have a flexible schedule with different classes on different days, so I could balance my school life with my social life.

Charles

Don't ever give up. There is light at the end of the tunnel and we all have our place in the world. Knowing that you want to help people is the first step. Going to school is the second step. The greatest enemy and ally that you will meet is yourself. You are an inspiration to others. Be strong for everyone and lead an example. Good luck! Get ready for the ride of a lifetime.

Amber

If I could have a conversation with my 16 year old self, sit down, I'd convince her to stay strong. I'd hold her hand and walk her through the darkness, until she came out a victor in the light. If I could tell her what I know now, she'd be glad. She would know and be reassured firmly that everything was going to be alright. That life and God gave her a second chance, even when the walls caved and solitude crept in. I believe if she knew the outcome, she'd genuinely be happy. for such a young age, she was devoured by hell. She overcame pride, strapping on the boots of bravery, overcoming abuse and homelessness. this girl thought there was no end, that the suffocation would continue. But her spirit never backed down, filling her with life. The advice I would finally give is to face the darkness, to dare to hope, even if all she wanted to do was escape, elope. I'd tell her you'd evolved.

Ashleigh

The beauty of this campus is unbelieveable. The staff I have interacted with are very knowledgable and pleasant to work with. The school is only 30 miles from my home.

What would I tell myself if I could go back in time when I was a high school senior to make my transition easier? I think the most important thing I have learned is that I would tell me to not party so much and devote twice as much time to getting my college life and paperwork together. Going from a high school setting to a college setting requires much more time than I thought it would. In high school, you are at the top of the chain, then you have to start at the botton of the chain for the next portion of your life. Too many of us spent most of our senior year parting, having fun, and other persuits. I would tell myself to get a grip of myself because this is not the end of a great time, it is the beginning of an even greater time.

Everything is very nice; however one area I would complain about is the lack of campus housing/dorms. I want to experience the college life, but I also want to be close to home. I don't want to live at home but just be near it.

Martha

My classmates are a very diverse group ranging from age 17 to 63 (me). Pagan ,Military, Pacifist, and everything in between as well as every religious and ethnic background. They are fun to be around and are probably some of the most interesting people I know. and they make me feel alive. They push my buttons sometimes, they make me want to scream and once in a while I feel like I;m back in high school - after all that's where most of them just came from - but it's all good.

In 1968 I graduated from High School and entered college but after only two weeks on campus, like many children of the 60’s, I succumbed to the lure of the whole Peace and Love Generation thing and left for California. For the next 40 years I busied myself with life, always intending to go back to school someday. I marched with King, attended Peace Rallies, lived in a Commune, made a lot of money, saw my name in print as a writer for an underground, and became active in the Women and Pagan Rights movements; not necessarily in that order.I began classes and on December 14th received my first grades in over 40 years on 2 classes – a perfect 4.0. Two days later I received an email saying grades (or rather non grades) had been received from Judson and my perfect 4.0 was now a 1.71 which put me in academic failure so I guess my advice would be finish what you started or at least officially withdraw if you're not going to stick it out

having nothing to compare SJRSC to there is no worst thing unless you count all the students that are younger then my children and even some of my grand children. I feel like a relic.

Shaneka

prepare and be focused. Be confident in my career choice locate different things that could help me understand what I am getting into. I would tell myself to not focus on the boys and the streets, strive for the top not just settle for the small parts of education. Utilize my after school programs such as, tutoring or study hall. Ask questions reguarding the cost to go to college, Straight A's or other awards could help me pay for college. Internships, having a great go gett em attitude. Be ambitious and ready to face new challenges, remain open minded even when doors have been shut. Surround yourself around people who wants things such as yourself, Positive thinking, positive enviroments, great energy, commitment, being prompt. These are all things that I discovered later in life if I had half the brain that I have today I probably would be in my career working and being stable on my own.

Dawn

Take the time to learn everything that is given to you and find more to learn. Listen to the people who want to teach you and help you. Pray to GOD all the time and be more involved in your church, faith and school. Always, Always help others give trible and more back to people. Education is very, very important. Most important find a career you will love and be at peace with!!

Saint Johns River State College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.