Smith College

« See more reviews of Smith College

Exhilirating, challenging, exhausting, stressful, crazy, fun, remote, close-knit, bubbled-in, sheltered, wierd, varied, liberal, naked, outdoorsy, pearl-wearing, skinny jeans, some butch and some fem, cozy, space to be alone or with a small group; kayaking, sledding, running on trails, biking, nearby farmland, nearby mountains, must drive to the mall, target on bus line, a short drive to skiing; fyi, the area is relatively lacking in datable men (for better or worse, the good ones are usually taken); fun distractions are avoidable, and therefore must be sought and followed, but are there to be found. Enjoy!

I think because of Smith's housing system and the variety of architecture styles, Smith maintains an academic feel while also feeling very cozy. The campus is technically an arboretum so there are winding paths and labels on the trees so you could learn some plant names on the way to class. Most of the academic buildings look gorgeous and are most of the time covered in ivy. We also have a few modern buildings, like our campus center and the new engineering building. Both are really nice, with large windows to get maximum natural light.

My school is a highly academic, high stress level, very competitive, extremely rewarding, absolutely painful, utterly disorganised, completely non-accomodating, sweep everything under the rug, helpful, insightful, illness-causing, panic-inducing, georgous, community-creating, connection-making, atmosphere where learning and life changes occur.

Smith is a liberal New England women's college replete with Massachusetts charm and what you'd expect from the North; it is mostly white, largely upper class, but it brings in a strong professorate.

Smith College is full of intelligent and active women who pursue not only a higher education, but also many different interests, political, artistic, athletic, and otherwise.

Smith is a liberal, accepting, diverse, wonderful, beautiful (campus-wise) enriching, interesting place with pretty good food and pretty awesome professors.

Neilson Library, the main library of Smith College and some interesting facts about the study habits of Smithies.

Smith is a very liberal college that provides a good place to experiment and figure out what you want from life.

Smith College is like a cat: she keeps you working hard, will sometimes bite, but overall you still love her.

A view of the scenic Paradise Pond and a tidbit of Smith lore you won't hear from any tour guide.