Spokane, WA
Spokane Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Spokane Community College

Nathan

My classmates are pretty cool. They love aviation just as much as I do. They can get quite playfull in the hangar, which can become quite roudy and then we have to quiet down. There is a big diversity among my classmates. We people from here is Spokane, while one guy comes all the way from Sudan, Africa, and others from many different states here in the U.S.

If I could go back in time and talk to my self as a high school senior, I would tell myself to do things differently than I have done already. One thing that I would tell myself is to get more involved with activities and with other people because as time progresses it becomes much harder to make friends. By getting involved early, everyone is still new, you make friends faster and get involved easier. If you wait, then everyone already has their friends, and its a lot harder to join. A second thing I would say to myself is that college requires a lot more hard work and diligence than high school requires. Yes, I did have to make a conscious effort to get my work done in high school, but not nearly as much. I would also tell my self to start practiciing good time management skills, because they are great skills to have in college. You no longer have your parents to tell you that you need to do this or that, your on your own now. Its now your responsibility. I have have now learned these things, but I wish I could have learned them earlier.

I brag most about the major that I am completing. My major is Aviation Maintenance Technician and everyone whom I talk to thinks that is a really cool major, which i think it is as well. I also brag about the aviations part of the campus. Our classroom/hangar is right on Felts Field Airport, which is pretty cool that the college could get that.

Lance

I would tell my self to work harder for the time ahead. i would say that college isnt as easy as you may think. you will be challenged over and over again. i would also say to never give up and keep trying and put 100% into school more like 110%. i would say i should have done some more scholarships because i have no money for school. i have to work about 40 hours a week just so that i can pay for school and bills. i would end it by saying goodluck and work as hard as you possibly can so that in you can get good grades and be able to get a good job in the future.

i think that the best thing at my school is my economics class. Its very hard class the teacher really pushes us like we are all sophmores in a 4 year college. This will help me in the future when i head off to a university. iwill know what im getting myself into instead of going and getting hammered by all of the work.

well its a community college. its for people that dont have much money or want a cheaper way than going straight to a 4 year school. so i think everyone is able to attend here and they should attend college.

Vally

Hey me! You had a fine start to your college career! I just flew back to tell you that trying to make the best of your high school years and live your life to the fullest was a lovely decision. Honestly, you only graduate from high school once. The best part about this is that you were able to prepare yourself quite well for college. Taking a chance and trying out the AP courses and challenging yourself socially and mentally in school really prepares you for college. Your knowledge in those courses will give you a head start in your classes. You still need to step out of your comfort zone a bit more and perhaps try some volunteer work with your free time. It will help you out so much when you sign up for scholarships because money for college is a pain to find. And perhaps you should familiarize yourself with the computer a bit more. I know you know how to use word process and powerpoint, but maybe expand it a little so you are more comfortable with the world wide web! These little tips will make your life easier when we meet again in the future!

At SCC, the professors and volunteers always do their best to encourage the students to utilize the materials and programs that the college has created for us. No matter what classes the students are taking, they have extra helpers outside of class that willing give their time to help the students. The tutoring program here at SCC especially is a useful program that this school has offered for their students. Many students take advantage of this opportunity and they see the results of their hard work in their transcripts at the end of the quarter.

At the beginning of the quarter, students wait for finanical aid checks so they may have money to buy books. Well, the checks are handed out on the first day of class and since the majority of the students receive their checks that day, the lines for the book store is long too. It takes about two to three hours of waiting in line for the students buy the three books they need. The school advises us to buy earlier so we do not have to wait in line, but all our financial aid checks arrive on the same day.

Kristen

My school was low key but offered a great education, it was easy to get one on one contact with the teacher when you had a total of 88 people that you graduated with.

My class mates were driven and passionate about higher education, many in my class could not afford to go to a four year college, but still choose to get an education at a two year college.

If I could go back and give myself some advice on college life and the entire transition, the main thing I would tell myself is to be more independent and focus on your studies more. Even thought I did not go off to a four year college I am still working on a BS degree. I have never experienced the actual "college life" but looking at my friends I saw that the transition was hard from leaving their family, moving to another town, and meeting new people. In some ways I do regret that I never moved off and went to college but I am getting just as good as an education at my local community college.

Kate

My classmates are friendly, kind, and helpful. They all are great classmates.

My classmates are friendly, kind, and helpful. They all are great classmates.

Spokane Commuity College is in a great location and I love it here. There is a wonderful bus transit here.

Caiden

If I could go back to my senior year I would defiantly take more classes that would've prepared me for math. I am in the aviation industry now and math is really hard to pick up on. Another thing would've been to have a plan on a way to pay for college before you get there. Planning would have been key and if I would have thought ahead about it I would'nt have the money problems I have now.

Rebecca

High school is a gift, it is free and I wish I would have taken full advantage of that gift. I would say self, do everything, get the best grades possible, join all extra activities available, enjoy your time in school, learn all you can so that when it comes time to choose a college you have many choices rather than limited. Rather than starting low in college, because of those grades you will be able to start a program quickly rather than going to classes that should have been finished in high school. Prepare for college, open a savings for college now, student loans are expensive, and the interest is crazy! Research your dream job, find out which school offers the best programs for that career, and what that school can offer you. You are paying for it, and your grades will open big doors if you take advantage of that free gift while in high school. Good Luck and live life to the fullest.

Location and acedemic choices, great instructors for the health care professions

The parking is now the top issue, and room in the classrooms are limited, yet they will overfill the class. Time with instructor is limited for questions.

Stacey

i would give myself the advice to stick to what i want and make goals that were more attainable , to pace myself and not try not to over work myself with stuff. To take my time and that in that time things will come of it.

i wish i had know that you needed to put every onuce of your life into school and everything you do for school.

The most frustrating thing about school is that sometimes i don't have time to get the things i need to get done, completed on time during school hours.

It's okay to put yourself first sometimes. Love and compassion are the most important assets a person can have. Children are worth every minute you give to them. Listen to your Grandfather, you will regret pushing him aside when he is gone.

Anyone who is interested in pursuing further education. Community College can be a starting or finishing point and is much easier on the pocketbook than a University.

I would make sure to go right after college so I kept my eagerness to learn. I would also know not to slack and give 100 percent.

That the teachers are willing to help you succeed and everyone is very friendly.

Someone who is not motivated and does not have willingness to learn.

Spokane Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.