Stevens Institute of Technology

« See more reviews of Stevens Institute of Technology

Stevens is a small but very old as prestigious institution that was built by innovative engineers who rebuilt America after the Civil War and embraced the emerging world of building technology. Stevens has a strong foundation for developing engineers and scientists along with the research and technology that has shaped this nation, from railroad ties to solar houses. It was so incredible that during my first year at school, while friends at other schools were just studying academics, Stevens had us in design classes and actually building things. It was thrilling to create things, learning from doing, not just books.

Stevens is best known for its reputation as an engineering school. Alumni connections are very strong when seeking jobs, particularly in the state of New Jersey. Recently, Stevens has earned a reputation for a having well-rounded students. Several of our athletics teams have ranked in the top 20 in national Division III competition. Our music and technology program has expanded rapidly in the past few years, and there are a variety of music related activities for students to showcase their talents, including various bands, orchestra, choir and dramatic performances.

My school is best known for maintaining academic excellence while succeeding at sports. Just this year, Stevens Institute of Technology won an award for mainting their rank in division III sports while succeeding in the classrooms. They are also known for the difficulty involved through most majors. Engineering is the main major at Stevens and it is one of the toughest around.

It is well known for its engineering programs and is regarded as one of the best engineering schools in the country.

The engineering program and easy jobs they score right out of college. Unfortunately, I am not an egineer.

Its co-op program is one of the best in the country. Also its known for its engineering program.

Engineering!! We were the first school in the country to offer an Engineering degree.

It's Co-Op programs, science majors, and engineering majors.

View, Quality & Courses

Engineering