Galveston, TX
Texas A & M University-Galveston

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Texas A & M University-Galveston

Delores

Academically centered seasoned in traditions.

Academically centered seasoned in traditions.

Attending a school rooted in academic excellence and traditions will turn an everyday college experience into a lifetime of memories. Anyone can earned a degree in the field they love, no matter the difficulty, as long as they are hard working and dedication.

For those that do not live on-campus, you have to cross a bridge, be delayed by the inevitable train and then cross another bridge; the last bridge being a drawbridge which would occasionally get stuck! Travel time from 25 miles away ranges from 20 minutes to an hour. That doesn't include heavy traffic, just obstacles likes bridges and trains!

rachael

Futhering your education is a key to life, many people can do it without more schooling but with a broader knowledge this opens the door. Being a pharmacy technician for the last 5 years has really helped me to see that furthering my education in the health field to pursuing a nurse degree will not only benefit my family and myself ,like wise those around me. by pursuing a dream career this can show people that I am determined to exceed in school and set an example to those who look up to me that are still in school. Nothing in life comes easy especially school, there are many trails and test that are put upon you. When looking back, there has been times quiting was an option but with the help of newly made friends and teachers enduring gave me the skills for the work place. By pushing through school and keeping my grades up this has given my respect for my self and those who can manage to make their dreams come true as well.

John

Texas A&M Galveston is best know for Maritime Academy which offers degree in marine engineering, marine transportation, marine biology and marine sciences. Well know for the Texas Maritime Academy where cadets prepare for the U.S. Coast Guad, cadets also join the U.S. Navy The have a training ship, bridge simulation, radar training facility available on campus.

What I have learned from my college experience is task and time management. Learning to set aside time for class work studies. Realizing that college work is more in dept and that I have to be selective on which activities I participate in. Knowing when to say no to others and making the right choices. My college experience has also help me to learn how to budget for expenses, understanding the financial commitment for myself and parents. Learning to only purchase thing I need not want. Learning how to finance my education understandng the the credit and loan application process and making sure I make the right decision concerning my borrowing for education. Lastly my college experience has enhance my interpersonal skills, and communicating effectively with professors and room mates.

Juliet

Texas A&M University at Galveston would best be known for its marine studies/research. Whether it be buisness, engeneer or biological, the university produces students each year who are well versed in the marine field. The ocean being the biggest area of unused/discovered mass on Earth it is important to learn and protect, such as we students learn well in the first year of studies. While being a small campus, the teachers are more in contact with their students giving them more insight into the fields which interest them.

My experience during the first year at Texas A&M University in Galveston has been valuable because not only has it helped me grow academically but also as a person. It has given me the experience of handling independence, making choices and the consequences that go along with the decisions made. I have learned to use trial and error on what works best in order to reach my goal of succeeding in my classes while not taking things for granted. But even more important, my experience this past year at college has lead me to more fully appreciate my parents and the sacrifices they do in order to help me get a higher education. In return, I have learned to work hard, managing my time with a job and studies as part of my responsibility to help pay for expenses incurred while at college. The managing of my time also includes prioritizing my studies, avoiding procrastination and focusing on my objectives while making time to join clubs and study groups where I have learned leadership skills. I believe the knowledge I have gained academically and personally are values I will treasure forever; while also forming the person I am today.

What I would brag about the school would be its vast field which one can do research in. Being right next to the ocean gives us student many oportunities to learn more about the ocean and do more hands on learning than just reading from a textbook. That our teachers can actually learn our names because the classes aren't that big and because of that relationship we get to learn more than if the class where the size of an auditorium.

JACQUELINE

I have learned a lot in college but the main thing is that all through out life we will have to do things we do not want to do. What I mean by this is that I am an Art majoring studying to be an Art Teacher but I am still required to take all the prerequisite classes such as math and science. Some people believe that these classes are just a waste of time but they way I see it is that our institutions are challenging us to see what we can achieve. These classes are mandatory to see how much motivation we have to succeed in things that we are not interested in. By being a well rounded person with education in all areas enables us to have a better understanding of those things that we truly appreciate. I am excited that all of these general study classes are over with after this year for me but I have definitely learned a life lesson, being well rounded benefits me not those who dread going to class.

kenia

what i have gotten from college experience is that in this life if you try your best, you are going to reach your dreams. if you don't do any effort, you are not going to reach your dreams. my major is criminal justice and been in college have helped me so much because now i know that this experience is going to be good for students who fight.

Heidi

College has been so diffrent from high school. The level that professors hold you up to is a bar that high school teachers don't bring you up to. All through high school your teachers say I am getting you ready for college. In college I have learned to work hard to get what I want. If I want an A or a B it's not just showing up to class that gets it. College is a challenge and it makes it exciting and worth all the money. I you never go to college you won't know the understand how hard it really is not to mention you will make a lot less money without a degree.

Abby

good people, focused on studying, but we all find time to go to the beach. we are on an island afterall

College has been on of the best experiences of my life. I never knew that there was a place filled with people who think and feel the same way I do. I found my second home at Texas A&M Galveston. The people love all aspects of the ocean, from the biology, to the engireering, and the business. Everyone is bound together by a love for our oceans. It is this sense of community that has been the best part of my years here. I have learned that no matter how strange you think you are, there are always people out there who think like you do, understand you, and can love you for who you are. I have grown up surrounded by land, only visiting the ocean twice in my life, but I had always loved the beach. My friends thought I crazy, "its just a big lake" they would say, "why do you want to spend you whole life studying water?" I had always grown up thinking I was weird, odd, not normal, but then I came here, and now i'm home. It is a lesson I will carry with my for the rest of my life.

those that love the ocean. someone who wants to work with/on/in the ocean for the rest of their lives. there are several option, biology, engireering, business, ect, but it is all ocean majors. not a school for the artistic type.

Matthew

So far, my college experience has been extremely valuable. I have learned much, and not just inside the classroom. I have learned how to be independant enough to wash my own clothes, buy my own groceries, and even force myself to go to sleep before 3 in the morning! College has also helped me learn how to branch out of my comfort zone enough to make some new friends and learn how to deal with people, such as my suitemate, that I don't really have anything in common with or really any reason to be friends with.

I wish I had known several things before I came here. The first is that I wish I had listened to many of my high school teachers when they told me how hard college would be. Since they had said the same about high school, I did not believe them and so my grades suffered a little bit in the first semester. Also, I wish I had known how much it would bother me to not have any student organization that fits me on campus. I may or may not have chosen this school.

Anthony

isolated, outspoken, quiet, impossible to describe in so few words.

isolated, outspoken, quiet, impossible to describe in so few words.

Well, when i was a senior, i was already starting to change, so i can really point out what I did wrong. But there are a few things that especially stand out. I would tell my self to stop focusing on the cute brit sitting next to me in English, start turning in work for Math, leave the booze on the counter, there is sure to be plenty in college. But most of all, stop worrying so damn much, I have problems now that dwarf those I had then. I work on them, get them fixed if I can, if I can't, then what's the point in worrying? It won't change anything. Also, i would have told myself to look at the beauty that was around me, even then. whenever I get angry, or frustrated, I always just slow down take a breathe, and let the world slip by as I look at it go. Just for a second, then I'm back in the game, as determined as ever

Nothing, the campus is too small, there's a plant across the channel, the food is worse then MREs, and it's always humid, The Strand's always worth a visit though

Texas A & M University-Galveston administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.