Texas A & M University-Galveston Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Texas A & M University-Galveston

Priscilla

Despite the sub-par food, limited tutoring avalibility, and lack of sports to participate in, TAMUG is a genuinely good school. The classes are small enough for you and your professor to gain a relationship to work toward your success, the professors are passionate, and everybody knows everybody. Whether you're staying here to transfer to main campus, or if you're staying here for all four, you'll definitely feel at home.

Emmett

Texas A & M University - Galveston is a small campus, which is nice if you are not into the big campus life. Some of the classes have an upwards of 80+ students, meanwhile, some classes will barely contain 10 students. The Marine Biology and Engineering programs are notoriously tough and for a good reason, so if your heart is not into either of those subjects then I would not recommend majoring in these fields of studies. The staff and faculty on campus are also very helpful and supportive of their students like they really make you feel like you are part of the Aggie family and it is one of the many things I love about this campus. So, if you are looking for a school that has fields of studies involving the ocean then TAMUG is definitely the place to go. I would gladly recommend it to anyone looking to make a living out on the seas.

Alexis

The campus is in a favorable location with great weather and amenities. The food could be improved with a greater variety. Facilities are enjoyable for student activities and comfort. Professors are usually personable and knowledgeable and available to students.

STEPHEN

Texas A&M University at Galveston (TAMUG) is a tremendous establishment that offers the best of many worlds. First of all it is 100% associated with Texas A&M University College Station (TAMU) where students receive the same education, Aggie ring, diploma, and much more. Every year I purchased student football tickets and every home game I drove to College Station so I could cheer on the "Fightin Texas Aggies." This was great as I still got to participate in all the traditions that make up at Texas A&M University. Not going to lie, the tickets set aside for TAMUG are probably better than most of those offered to TAMU students. Again, you have same traditions and family as those located at Galveston as you do at College Station. The one thing that sets TAMUG apart is its location in Galveston which caters to those who love the ocean and all it has to offer. A day could consist of a morning in class learning about beach nourishment followed by studying on a beach under the Texas sun by noon! I strictly attended TAMUG as it offered a degree in Maritime Systems Engineering (now known as Ocean Engineering) which provided me with an amazing education and set me up for a career that I love working as a marine engineering in the offshore oil & gas industry. Another advantage of the school is you still obtain the same level of education, but at a fraction of the cost from main campus which for me was a factor as upon graduation I didn't want to be loaded down by massive student loans. Luckily I was able to pay off my student loans in just 4 years which amounted to just shy of $30K Overall a great university that offers so much to a diversified world of potential students.

Eric

Texas A&M University- Galveston has a great environment. Being near the Gulf is very comforting one can go out to the beach and just look over the horizon. When the weather is just right one can relax outside. The professors I had so far have been great. Many have a great attitude and try to help their students. The recreational center is not big, but one can go in and workout when needed. There are some convenient stores set-up on campus and they are very close just in case one needs a snack. The campus overall is small, and starting there my fist year has been great because I wouldn't be late to class.

Avery

Texas A&M Galveston is not a huge school, but one full of opportunities to learn and expand your horizons. The class sizes are small that allows for individualized attention. Like College Station, we have a lot of free resources to assist us in being successful not just as students but future industry leaders. The opportunities to intern, research, and study abroad are only limited by your imagination and drive.

Mitchell

Not enough professors to choose from. Most majors are too easy. The recreational sports are pretty fun, but the referees are not on the same page and the rule book is inaccurate. The location is pretty bad because it is across a drawbridge from Galveston. Best part is being able to walk anywhere on campus in under 15 minutes.

Stephenee

A&M Galveston was a last minute application for me. We were running out of time and my dad sent a link saying, "Check out this school." I checked it out and my decision was made before I even visited the prospective student tab. The school visit sealed the deal. Two years later I'm still in love with Aggieland by the Sea. As a sister school of main campus, we still embody all of the spirits and traditions held at main campus. I could be happier with the decision I made to attend this college.

Christopher

Texas A&M University at Galveston is a small campus, with small classes and excellent professors. Professors are knowledgeable on what subjects they teach and are more than willing to help their students succeed. Classes also often have hands-on learning opportunities available.

Cameron

My overall opinion of Texas A & M University at Galveston is very good. I like the campus due to it being a small campus. It is right next to the water, so if you love fishing, you would love the campus. The class size is not at all what you would expect, the classes are small which is good because it allows a more personal connection with the professors.

Nathan

I currently perceive it as the perfect school of my choice, since I will be enrolled into the General Engineering class for the 2020 - 2021 school year, however I will then be transferring to the College Station location for my Aerospace Engineering Major if I maintain a high grade point average.

Kathyana

My overall opinion of Texas A&M Galveston is that it's a great school for students interested in any field that has to deal with the environment of our bodies of water. I personally like the campus myself because there isn't too many students so that learning is way interactive and easier for the students to comprehend what they are being taught.

Dominick

My opinion of Texas A&M Galveston is that it is an amazing school. Everywhere you turn there is always a helpful person waiting. Everyone truly cares about one and other, and it is an extremely safe environment. There are plenty of on campus jobs to keep you busy, and many good restaurants and other activities to keep you going nearby.