Tidewater Community College

« See more reviews of Tidewater Community College

To attend college as soon as i got out only because with time and evolution things change in the job market in the business field. I would change not trying to be in the lime like and be in my own like so i could excel as I am now. To have faith in my knowledge and blessed testimony to give back to a commuinty who is forever failing. I would push myself unlike those kids who think the streets are the best answer only, because it's fast money not thinking of the consequences to follow. I would take more consideration to the fact my mother worked hard and gave effort into finding the best teachers to make sure my education was given to me in a manner where i would graduate and become someone like she has for herself. So knowing what i do no that flash forward back then might have saved the lost years of a time in life where i made decision i coul dhave changed.

I am so glad to go to college to get my education because that's the teaching from the prophet of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day saints. Now I realize how important to study for I can make my country and family better. The reasons why I mention about this situation are 1. The knowledge at the college is deeper and wider than in a high school, and it can explore your mind and thought. 2. The way you pursue the knowledge from the books and the professors will make your attitude and sight different so whatever you will do in the future will be more sufficient and more successful. 3. The relationship with everyone surrounded you will be closer because you guys are pursuing your dreams together. 4. You will get more chances to have a good job. I am happy to have a chance to get a higher education in my life and I know it will make YOUR life more vivid.

Hey it's your future self here, I want you to read this carefully and adhere to my advice. Stay focused on your grades this last year and most importantly the material taught. You actually need to know this stuff in order to get through college. I know it may seem useless in the real world but it will help spare you from the countless hours of studying. Some of it you will need to know if you still want to become the great engineer we both know we're capable of. Also get a job and save your money and dont waste it on useless junk. Now is the time to start applying for scholoarships not later. If you have to take some time off from sports and focus on your academics then due so. We can do it, you just have to stay focused on our goal and keep pushing forward. Your going to have a fun time, and learn many new things and hey, good luck kid.

The advice I would give myself would be to get all of your classes, books, and financial stuff done as soon as possible. It is best if you meet with a counseler so that you know what classes to take and when to take them. When you apply for your classes make sure that you make a good schedule with your classes because if you don't you will be lost on what to do and when to do it. As far as your books go, you don't always have to get new books. You can get used books which will be cheaper and you can also return them or you can sell them. All fo your financial stuff should be done as soon as possible. If you have to get Financial Aid you should do that months before tution is due and before classes start. The sooner you get stuff done, the better it will be for you. That's the advice I would give myself if I could go back in time.

In High School I took cooking classes but did not take the educational path of Culinary Arts serious at the time in my life. I had a son while young so my focus was directed more to graduating and taking care of him rather than pursing my career. I am proud that I was successful in maintaining the welfare of my son and keeping up with my grades resulting in graduation but I really wish I had continued on the path to Culinary Arts. Even though I never stopped cooking and never stopped dreaming, I definitely would be further than I am in my area of specialty. Having influential people in my life encouraged me to stay in the field that I love. I not only encourage myself , that are in doubt, all that have responsibilities of family and all single mothers to never give up your dream.

I would just tell myself that you dont have to know what you have to do yet. Not to stress out about not knowing what your doing becuase everyone else doesnt know what they are doing either. I would tell myself to do and go to what ever school I wanted to and not worry so much about the money. Loans are going to be unavoidble. I would tell myself to workless and go to school more, I would make myself study more and get better grades. I would also tell myself to go to the portsmouth campus more its a great place to be. Number one thing I ave learned though is that I cant do everything, to not take that full time job and think going to school full time will work. It didnt work for me. Oh and take more online classes so I could get better at them.

If I were to talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself not to wait so long. I am currently active duty military, and I have been out of school for over six years. I am a freshman, six years later. I would tell myself not to worry as much about college as I did. I would make sure that I applied for scholarships, and grants and did everything that I could do to have the money for college. I was too scared to go striaght to college, thats why I postponed it over five years. I remind myself to have the confidence and the faith that everything would work out, and that college was not as scary as I portrayed it in my own mind. Have faith that all will work out and it will.

Overall, I am very content with the decisions I made in high school. I took courses that gave college credit, allowing me to have a much more flexible schedule currently, and I took pride in my good grades. However, I would tell myself to improve my concentration skills. Focus on what the teacher has to say while still taking good notes, but make sure not to listen "too" hard. I found myself trying to interpret every last word that my AP Biology teacher said, as if there were a hidden meaning. There wasn't, and there were many times where I ended up missing a lot of information! Just focus on the big picture, and if a detail sounds important, jot it down. Don't get carried away!

If I couold go back in time to the time I was a senior in high school, I would have been a little more assertive about talking to my high school counsellor about my further educational options. I would not have let my social position and perceptions of the type of people who go on to college prohibit me from doing that. I had let me preconcieved knowledge and lack of knowledge and understanding delay my college until later in life. The transition to college from high school would have been smoother and not quite so initimidating as it was after having three children and then going back to school.

If I could go back in time, I would let myself know to manage my time more for studying, join more clubs or sports, and prepare myself to apply for Universities or 4 year colleges before the deadline. Managing my time more would help me in getting a higher GPA. Joining clubs or sports would help my resume for entering a 4 year college. Not procastinating would help meet the deadlines for the colleges. Overall, high school was a good experience, I just wish I worked harder to help my future education. Now that I am in college, I am more focused and have a better motivation to strive for my goals.