Tougaloo College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Tougaloo College

DeEverett

Great college and institution. I enjoyed visiting and seeing the campus pictures. The school is a Historically Black College and University and I look forward to getting involved in the campus activities. The climate and culture are what brings me here.

Azarius

It’s perfect for me, easy to find people on the same page as you, everything is walking distance, and small classes which are great for asking questions. Being a student-athlete brings its own set of challenges but when game day comes, it is a break from the overwhelming feeling I sometimes get well going to class every single day. And to know that the whole campus will support you is an amazing feeling.

Jordan

Tougaloo College is what you make it. People say they hate it because they do not get involved. Involvement in the school is the only way you can enjoy yourself. The school maybe small compared to others, but it is mighty in school spirit. People who continue the matriculation through Tougaloo will always say something positive about the school. Tougaloo College is a wonderful place to be if you truly let it.

Thomasina

It's a great school if you are looking for an exponential education! However, the food isn't the best and some of the dorms are a little run-down. All in all, the campus is near many restaurants and apartments are near by so if you do live off campus you won't have to drive too far.

Chyna

........

Brandi

My overall opinion of Tougaloo College is it is a pretty decent college. I say decent due to the living and facility conditions. However, Tougaloo has a great reputation for it's academic excellence, and I have experienced it first-hand during my first year of college. The professors and advisers are extremely helpful when explaining certain concepts in and out of the classroom and contributing to events on campus.

Jordon

When I first decided I wanted to go to college, I never thought I would be attending one of such small proportions. Throughout my matriculation, I felt like such an outcast and like I couldn't relate to anyone. I spent my days alone, eating in empty classrooms as I cried. I felt like my teachers didn't care about me or just pitied me at the most. It was such a miserable experience that I never want to have to live through again. I thought to be in college would strengthen me, and I was right in some ways. I have grown because I have learned how to draw: my one main goal. For that, I am grateful.

I love my school. Of course, there are things that can be improved upon, but what school doesn't have that problem. Tougaloo is a school that makes you into a person who is ready to tackle anything that life throws their way. The campus is beautiful, the class size is small, the teacher availability is amazing, and the family atmosphere is always the best part about being at Tougaloo College.

Ivy

It is a great college that focuses on academics. If you are not focused on your academics, then this college is not for you. I really like Tougaloo. I enjoy the classes, class size, and people. I do not like the dorm rooms. They are very small and uncomfortable.

Darius

Tougaloo is a great college and the environment is great the make sure you need everything and meet all the requirements for the school and make sure you get into the right program you're looking for. The housing is awesome and beautiful the campus is nice as well.

Jada

BOY OH BOY ! The beautiful Eagle that sours all around my favorite campus in Jackson Mississippi. Tougaloo College is where history meets the future. Going to Tougaloo was the best choice I made, you meet a lot of new people that's different from your own race and I love it.

Rukiya

Tougaloo College is a home away from home. When I consider what my college experience should have been like, I could not have asked for more. Although the quantity of its student size is small, the quality of this school is immeasurable. The students are all very friendly. All of the professors really seem to care--not just of your academics, but also your development as a human being. Furthermore, Tougaloo College produces the most African-American Lawyers and Doctors in the state of Mississippi. As such, the institution really emphasizes political science and healthcare-related majors. I would have never even considered Chemistry as a major had I not attended Tougaloo College. Tougaloo College, like many other historically black colleges don't receive adequate funding. So the buildings appear slightly dilapidated. Also, there weren't very many food selections. Whatever the cafeteria cooks, which is usually about 2 or 3 options, is what you'll eat. When I attended, we had fried chicken every Wednesday and fried fish every Friday. Although good, I would've liked to have had more food options. Finally, and maybe most importantly, there are so many scholarship opportunities available. Tougaloo College is very inexpensive compared to other private institutions. But even still, it still costs thousands of dollars. If you keep your grades up, there are so many scholarships that can be awarded. I received at least 4 or 5 scholarships just based on my grades--scholarships that I never even applied for! Overall, I would recommend Tougaloo College to any and everybody. It's a wonderful institution that is built on love, support, and high-quality academics. Irregardless of your background, Tougaloo is an inclusive place, for everyone.

Azarius

Going to Tougaloo College, I have met so many interesting people and it is very easy to find to help I need. I visited my internship office and I was able to get help creating a resume, bio, and personal statement in a speedy manner and when I have gone searching for any help form any faculty member or staff member it has been easily accomplished.

Clarence

Tougaloo is a great place to start and finish your College journey. We are well connected, we are fun, and we are always about our business. Also, another fun fact, we are Top #20 in HBCU’s. We are very essential to the Civil Rights movement. We are Top # 25 among colleges in Liberal Arts. And so much. If you ever want to know the perfect place come enjoy your college journey Tougaloo College is the place to be.