Hartford, CT

Trinity College

« See more reviews of Trinity College

While Trinity has primarily white students, there is definitely a sense of diversity on campus. The various ethnic houses allow students of all races and ethnicities to feel at home. There are various religious houses, as well as an LGBT community. A lot of the students like to "dress up" for class, but many are comfortable and show up dressed down. Because of the diversity, I believe there is a place for everyone at Trinity.

Trinity had race relation issues last year, but the administration has done a lot to alleviate that. The most recent class has the highest percentage of minorities. A lot of my friends are minorities who never feel out of place. There are a lot of preppy people at Trinity and that is part of its reputation, but there is also a growing number of students who don't subscribe to that and most people are fine with them.

At first glance they may all seem to fit this super preppy mold, but it's really not true; there are many different types of students here and I find you can find a great group of friends no matter what, everyone is pretty nice. Trinity students are fun loving, hard working (most of them), social, sports loving, and generally good people, doesn't hurt that we are also really really good looking.

I think that Trinity has started to become more diverse place but it still isn't the most diverse school. I feel that some students would feel out of place if they were from an ethic background. Most students dress really nice for class. I would not describe Trinity as a place where many people wear sweatpants or sloppy clothes to class.

I feel that there are many different social groups on campus that do not mesh. Even if they do try and mesh, the stereotype is that they don't and thus, I believe this won't change. It's not that people of different races don't mix, its that people with similar interests just group together.

Most students get dressed for class- not a sloppy student body, which goes along with the generally good-looking stereotype. Groups often don't mix. Mostly a higher socio-economic background. Students are generally knowledgeable about worldly and national issues.

There is a divide on campus; there are a great deal of awesome students who are involved in the cultural houses, community service, arts, etc. and then there are those apathetic waste of space people that sleep through class and party the majority of their time.

The trinity community is not very tolerant. The student body is fairly homogeneous. People get pretty dressed up for classes and look very put together. A lot of people come from similar high schools or situations. A lot of students are conservative.

A preppy, rich girl who calls her mom every day to complain about her professors and who gets so drunk on "thirsty Thursdays" that she doesn't remember what she did.... but she lands an internship in investment banking due to her dad's contacts.