Hartford, CT

Trinity College

« See more reviews of Trinity College

Trinity students are typically upper class students who have gone through private schooling through their entire life.. but you can definitely find people who break that norm. I am part of the Hillel on campus and have a good amount of Jewish friends here which I think is amazing. Students normally dress up to go to class although I wouldn't say I'd feel uncomfortable wearing sweats.

artsy kids might initially have trouble here (i did) but there is a definite niche for them. it is definitely the alternative in sort of an underground way but there is a lot of closeness with in the smaller community. did i mention that the school is preppy? cause it is, majorly. guys have popped collars and girls wear strings of pearls. its practically a uniform.

Most Trinity students are from the New York and Boston areas. Most come from upper middle class families with many from private and boarding schools although the atmosphere is changing a bit. For example, the classes of 2009 and 2008 get very dressed up for classes and I've noticed that less of the 2010 and 2011 classes aren't as into their week-day threads.

trinity's student body is not very diverse. it seems to be mostly white, preppy, wealthier kids. most of the minority students on campus pretty much stick together and have a separate world from the majority of trinity students. many of trinity students have similar backgrounds and interests which gives the image of not being very accepting of diversity.

Many students complain about classism at Trinity. There are many privileged individuals here but also many from less privileged backgrounds. The divide is noticeable and at times can be dividing. However, I give the school credit for recognizing that fact and altering their admissions practices and on campus activities to try and shrink the gap.

Trinity get's a lot of negative press about our race relations, however compared to other NESCAC schools we are pretty darn diverse. The most noticeable thing about the Trinity student body is that everyone is beautiful. Honestly, it is stunning returning back to Trinity after visiting another college, just how beautiful and thin everyone is.

Trinity has a pretty diverse community; racially, religiously and socio-economic status wise as well. Although Trinity is sort of known as a rich school which is pretty true, it's really not that big of a deal. Trinity is one of THE best colleges in terms of need-blind financial aid, I basically have my entire tuition covered by it.

It's often joked about that most Trinity student's are from "outside of Boston". A lot of people are able to draw connections through friends and that's how many friendships start. When someone is from the west coast, people get excited. Trinity is one of those schools where the more outgoing you are, the easier it is.

Trinity students are often white and upper-class. Those that don't fall under these categories could feel out of place on campus. Most students dress in a very preppy, New England style. Most of Trinity's students are from the Northeast as well as California and several states in the Midwest, (i.e. Ohio and Minnesota).

While it is generally thought that the Trinity campus is not accepting of minorities (such as homosexuals), I have not, in my personal experience, encountered such descrimination. I have heard of people being rude to my gay friends and belittled them but this certainly is not the predominant opinion on campus.