Hartford, CT

Trinity College

« See more reviews of Trinity College

There is no question this school has a lot of rich white snobs. However, in my time here their number has gone down and much of the campus is more down to earth and very diverse. The best proof of this is the International Hip-Hop Festival which has become extremely popular on campus and attracted all sorts of different kids to the school.

There are preppy people on campus, but it's not overwhelming. I'm the opposite of preppy and I can EASILY find people to hang out with that aren't preppy. There are a fair bit of rich students, but it's an expensive school. There are PLENTY of normal, great people. We do drink a lot. That's a fact. But we also work really hard.

Although some aspects of these stereotypes are true, from my experiences at Trinity this does not describe the school as a whole. Yes, the majority of students on campus are white and from the New England area, but there are also many people who are from DC, NY, and California.

to some extent i think yes. There is an abundance of preppy well off students, yet there is definately a good number of students that dont fit inot this mold. I think like at any other school, there are preppy kids and kids who arent preppy, yet here its a little more extreme.

While half of Trinity's student do come from independent schools, I do not think that Trinity students are overwhelmingly snobby or upper class. There is a growing amount of diversity on campus that is well-supported and encouraged by the faculty and student body.

Though some people are coke-snorting, rich, preppy white studets from New England, a lot aren't. Just like at any school, there is a mix of all types of people. The small group that makes up the stereotype is present but not overwhelming.

you can make your trinity experience whatever you want. if you want to make the sterotype accurate you can. as for the drugs, perhaps in some circles they are rampant, but again, if thats not your scene it doesnt have to be.

To a certain extent, the stereotypes are true. When you walk around campus there are so many good-looking people, but I think that most of what trinity has is overlooked because everyone is so hung up on the stereotypes.

To an extent. There are plenty of people that fit that description, but there are also people who embody the opposite qualities, and people who embody some of the characteristics but still manage to be good human beings.

To a certain extent, I think this is the majority of the visible students on campus (this is, at the fraternities, where the majority of social life happens), but there are many other types of students on campus as well.