Deerfield, IL
Trinity International University-Illinois

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Trinity International University-Illinois

Anahita

TIU is a private Christian liberal arts school. It has a seminary school, which is abrihivated to TEDS. Its a small school that is known for its ability to make students feel completely comfortable and not jut another ID number. Trinity has staff on hand to help you constantly. TIU's mission is to form the students, so that they can transform the world.

There are many things I would tell my former self. Do not to get caught up in the glitz and glam of everything and to read the fine print. When I first got to school, I got so caught up by all the big things and living in the city that I forgot about the small things. For example, I forgot about class sizes, I forgot about holding a job, I forgot about saving money, I forgot about the cost tutition, and I forgot to study. Another thing I would tell my high school self is to be realistic with my goals and not try and rush through everything. Sometimes we are so eager to grow up and be done with school, that we actually forget to enjoy it. So take a breather and take classes you enjoy. You have four years of college and before you know it, you enter the real world, so enjoy every second of it. The last peice of advice I would give myself is to not only visit the college you plan on attending, but to email them. Make sure they treat you like a real person and not just a demographic.

I think people who enjoy big schools would not enjoy Trinity. TIU offers students an experience in which they treat you like an actual person and not just another statistic. It's also not really a party school. Its focused on education and building character, so if you're looking to go wild, then this isn't the school for you. This; however, does not mean the school is not fun. In fact, the school offers new and creative ways of getting to know each other on a different level.

Erick

Two words come to mind stay focus. Always put all your effort in anything you do and make the first attempt count. Never shy away from a challeneges and to always offer a lending hand to those in need regardless if you alone are unable to fully solve the situation. Be confident in yourself and trust in your abilities even when friends, family, and adminastartive instituters condemn or disaprove of your strengths because there nothing in this world is impossible only difficult. Last but not least, always stand up to peer pressure and follow your career goal even if you are deem by "so called" friends a nerd, geek, teachers pet, or otherwise.

Trinity is probably best known for being the college side of it's very renowned seminary.

Buckle down. I know that in high school you are not thinking to much about the future and what it will be like, and I know that you don't know what it is like to hold too much responsibility, but start buckling down now. In school study hard and listen to your teachers, believe it or not they actually know what they are talking about. You should also get a job, college is expensive. So listen to this advice and when you get to college don't waist all of your time doing things that don't help you grow for the future.

The best thing about Trinity is that it is thoroughly Christ-centered. They have a large focus on keep the God of the bible in the center of all that we do here.

Nathan

TIU is best know for its grad side in all honesty, but its undergrad program is also a big name when it comes to finding a Christian liberal art education. It has prfoessors gifted in their content areas who also have a passion for God.

Don't be scared. It may seem like your whole world is changing-and to an extent it is-but change is not necessarily a bad thing. You will grow into a man of God through your time at Trinity and develop deeper relationships than you have ever known before. True, there will be a lot of work in your future at college, but you will be able to take it and thrive with His help. You will face other challenges with relationships and even some heart break along the way, but you will be stronger and better for it, I promise you. Always seek for a balance. Don't go overboard by having too much fun or by studying too much. Don't be too afraid to take risks. Get out of your comfort zone. Be brave. Be confident. Love yourself. God has made you! Take pride in that. Thank him. Believe He has a plan for your being here even if you don't understand it in the middle of the storm. Be strong and courageous and go forward into this new part of your life with boldness, with expectation, with hope!

Someone who wants to see their faith integrated into the classroom and their lives should check out TIU. They should have a desire to pursue God and honor Him through their studies. Someone looking and open to developing deep friendships will fit in well with the school.

Noah

My classmates fall into a mixture of those who legitamately care about their studies and those who do not; those who are strong in their faith and are motivated academically are the ones who respect and pay attention to the professor, while the other students who are less motivated academically are the ones who do not give the professor the respect and attention the professor deserves., consequently, these students are also the ones who do not do as well in the classroom.

If I could go back now as a freshman in college who had just completed his first semester of college and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself several pieces of advice. The first piece of advice would be to not focus on simply earning good grades while in high school, instead, I would tell myself to garner as much knowledge as I can in a particular class rather than attempting to gain the "A" in the class. Therefore, I would have been able to truly focus on getting the most out of my time while in that class. Oftentimes, I would sacrifice taking notes in class and paying attention to the teacher in class in turn for completing homework that I had not completed the previous night. Another piece of advice I would tell myself is to not procrastinate on applying for colleges and scholarships. Being more mature in meeting deadlines for applications and scholarships would have only helped in the long run since I would have saved myself the stress and weariness of typing up college and scholarship applications at the last minute. If only I knew then what I know now.

The kind of person that should not attend this school is one whom is essentially looking for a party in college. Trinity International University is a very small Christian private school that holds tight restrictions on alcohol, drugs and even males going into female dorms and vice a versa. TIU very much wants to uphold Christian values on its campus and expects its students to follow the its rules, which include going to chapel three times a week and obeying "open hours." Its rules are not; however, as strict as those at other Christian universities such as Liberty University.

Syndana

My school is shaping future leaders for the better of humanity!

My school is shaping future leaders for the better of humanity!

My school is known for integrating Christian faith and values with academics. Trinity International University is known for a spritutal, loving, caring, educational environment while preparing students to be shaped and transformed to live the Word of God through The Lord Jesus Christ. By reflecting the image of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ we are being formed to Transform the world through Christ for the Good! Addressing social, economic, cultural, spritual, environmental issues for the better while the best is yet to come!

The advice I would give myself is to stay spiritually focused keeping The Word of God first through Jesus Christ our Lord! Through these basic instructions before leaving earth (BIBLE), I am able to gain the wisdom I need to follow God's will in life in which dictates my path academically and my purpose in life. During my academic journery, I advise my self to stay focused and grasp all knowledge & wisdom God is showing me to full-fill my purpose in life "Helping Others". Stay focused on the prize are my final words!

Andrea

I would tell myself to calm down; to not be so freaked out about college and growing up. It's ok to step out and it's ok to be a little scared, but I promise it all gets better. I'd also tell myslef to truely think about the college I was selecting to attend. I know now that the first two colleges I went to weren't for me, so I would tell myself to really consider all of the educational options for me. Lastly I would tell myself to quit trying to salvage the surface friendships from highschool and to stay true to myself. That there are so many people out there who want to be friends with me because they like me. Friendships in college enter a whole new level of closeness and relationships that are going to last a lifetime. College is where I found out who I truely am and I would want my senior self to know how important it is to always be just me!

Tony

"Live because of, in light of, and for the sake of the Gospel of Jesus Christ." Back when I was a senior in high school, I did not at all understand the ultimate significance of the Christian Gospel, that I am a depraved and condemned sinner in desperate need of grace, and that God fulfilled my desperate need by sending His Son Jesus Christ to take upon Himself the wrath of judgment that was due to me, and being resurrected that I too may live beyond death. I now understand that the Gospel is not just an important part of Christianity, but the very centerpiece of all of existence. I would tell myself that the Gospel is the purest of motivations for any decision or action, the clearest of philosophies for viewing life, and the most fulfilling of pruposes for living. None compares, and none will bring God more glory and bring you more delight in Him. Upon sinning, return to the Gospel, and find hope and repentance. Upon righteous actions, place your faith in the Gospel, for there is nothing a sinner can contribute to his own salvation, but Jesus's sacrifice is sufficient for salvation.

I wish I had known the value of befriending my professors. I did not understand the significance of this until a close friend of mine asked our professor to be his mentor. Now we often spend time with this professor and learn from his wisdom and life experiences.

The most frustrating thing is something the school has little control over. Certain corners of the student community do not meet behavioral expectations in private, though they do in public. Though it is not rampant, there is an occasional presence of alcohol, drugs, and premarital sex in secret. Rules against these are enforced, however, and some are caught.

Kylie

Trinity is classified as a Private, Christian institution, which is not all that uncommon. However, unlike most private christian universities, Trinity allows "non-religious" students to attend. In other words, Trinity allows for a very diverse campus, considering the classification it is under. I really appreciate this, seeing as I grew up attending a public school that was diverse in a similar aspect.

When I was in high school, and even a first semester college freshman, I was very quiet and shy. I would say that college is the time and place where you can really discover who you are. Do not let the fear that plagued you in high school hold you back from meeting people from all different types of walks of life. Be bold and be outgoing. You will learn a lot about who you are, how you react in different situations, and what kind of people you want to be associated with when you get to college. Mom and Dad are not there to tell you what to do. It is a time to be independent and strong, but also observant, humble, and willing to learn.

The most frustrating thing about Trinity is the lack of a performing arts center and the older state of some of the buildings. Being a music major, and not having a building set aside for performances, recitals, and such, it is pretty discouraging. In a way, it takes some of the credence away from the department (in my mind) on a student level.

I would tell myself not to fall behind. The last term of high school, you really do not feel like doing anything but you just need to pull up your socks and continue on. It will all pay off in the end and soon enough summer will be there. Also, do not worry about what others think about you. So many times, the fact that you think no one likes you can really bring you down. High school relationships really do not matter. There are a few but for the most part people are still really immature at that age. By college they really start to grow up.

I have not yet attended this school, in the fall I will.

Trinity International University-Illinois administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.