Deerfield, IL
Trinity International University-Illinois

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Trinity International University-Illinois

Joshua

The first thing you need to consider is, what are you going to college for? Is it just for the cultural right of passage, or to find a good job? Is it just a required step in order to do what you really want to do? Is a blending of many different things? Once you figure out what you are going for it will be much easier to figure out what school best meets your needs and the other major criteria for picking a school, location and price.

Our Grad-School and the places we would go on weekends.

jayme

They are closed minded, arrogant, and boring.

They are closed minded, arrogant, and boring.

Go for multiple visits to one school, and stay for a few extra hours to just take in the atmosphere and meet people. Most schools try to over emphasize their good points to make the school appear better. For example, they might say "we have huge diversity and a great meal program" and take you to a multicultural meeting and the dining hall. In reality, the students at the meeting might represent a small fraction of the campus and the dining hall, compared to other schools, is mediocre. Take time to look past the speeches and find for yourself.

There is a dual degree program which allows juniors to begin their master level classes in preparation for getting their masters. in an extra year, you can graduate with a bachelors and masters in bioethics or intercultural study.

Susan

Trinity International is a school focused on keeping its conservative values the core of the curriculum.

My classmates are a widely diverse group of people from varying backgrounds and cultures who bring their own stories and goals to the overall atmosphere.

I'm not sure there is a single "right" college for every individual; however, it is imperative to find one in which a person can experience learning, growth, and increasing maturity. My advice would be to visit mutiple schools, each one differering in size, environment, etc. so that preferences can be developed. Sometimes a decision on a major has not been decided, therefore the choice of which college to attend has to be made from other aspects such as community, area, and student involvement. Once a college has been chosen, the most important thing to remember is to keep an open mind once on campus. Being a completely new chapter in life, the experience will no doubt be full of changes and challenges--but having the right attitude and taking the time to really find oneself can make the college life one of the best times to look back on in memories and grow from in new passions and goals.

Heather

My classmates are friendly people who really care about their major. I feel very welcomed at my school and i have a fun social life. People are willing to help out with time, tutoring, or community service. With my classmates i really do feel like its home.

Do not be afraid to get involved with campus activities. Its a great way to meet people and in certain ways to give back to your campus. Also read up on loans and scholarships to both students and parents. Just because finanial aid may tell you that cannot do anything more does not mean that that is it. Money may be desciding factor with schools a lot of the time but if you really want that certain school do not be afraid to go after it. If you have hope and work really hard anything can happen

i wish i had more finanical aid. my family is not in a well off living situation and my parent cannot sign off on a loan. i have a single parent helping me with the very little she has, however also she has three other children to worry about all with mental disorders that are extreme. I'm the first of my family to go to a university and because of that i thought i would be getting more help.

John

I would say find one that has a caring faculty because it really helps when the teachers actually know your name and really care about your education.

The faculty and the students.

Mark

Some of my classmates were more motivated than others, but most were usually a pleasure to be around.

Although the school may be on the small side compared to others, there is still plenty of opportunity here for those who are willing to invest the effort. The smaller community and class sizes allow students to form close relationships with each other as well as the staff and faculty. As a student athlete, I believe this school does well to help students pursue excellence both in the classroom as well as on the sports field while maintaining a proper balance between the two. Furthermore, the school is constantly improving. Even in the few years while I was a student, I saw many changes for better. The campus, the food, academic and athletic departments were all better or in the process of getting better when I left than when I came in. It wasn't that any of these aspects were struggling or mediocre when I started attending, it's just that this school doesn't settle for "good enough." There is simply a strong comittment to excellence and a drive to be the best it can be.

There's not much negative for me to say, but I would have liked more practical application in the learning process and less emphasis on research and theoretical discussion. While all of these elements were present and helpful in my education, I think I would have changed the balance a little if I could.

Berner

I can't say much about finding the right college. When I started school searching I did not have a car and my family usually worked so I would ask them to take me to visit a college and it would be difficult. On top of that my aunt had brain surgery and I would be invested in that and just decided to go to Trinity because they gave me financial aid. I would say as far as making the most of the college experience is making friends and invest yourself in those relationships. My friends are the ones who helped me get through college with the most fun as possible. College isn't about having a great time, but those friends made my college experience memorable. What is important is having a schedule. If you make an 8-hour schedule (like a real job) working on school material you'll have more time to hang out and have more than enough time to get your homework, projects, and studying done. And there won't be a need to cram before exams. Be focused and place your studies first before anything else.

The teachers do care for the students. The value they give students makes the learning environment more casual and relaxed with occasional jokes and laughs.

Trinity International University-Illinois administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.