Greeneville, TN
Tusculum College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Tusculum College

Diamond

Wonderful ! I have met with my arts teacher and we discussed the degree and how I should take the extra year so I can go teach art anywhere just Incase I might need to fall back on it! But I know I am gonna love every minute of my time here everyone is friendly and so helpful

AJ

Tusculum is a great place to get an education and to play a college sport. Its sporting takes precedence over much of school life and they are very accommodating to all with many different majors on offer for a smaller university. You will find that Tusculum is far away from most stores and malls so a car is an essential.

Kaitlyn

Tusculum University is an amazing college for first gen college students. There are multiple programs to support all students no matter what their interests are. We also have some of the most amazing staff members that are always there to support students no matter what is going on in their lives.

Tusculum has a very safe campus, if you every need someone to walk you to your dorm or a shoulder to cry on, there is always someone to be at your service. I have visited this college at least five times, every time I meet new people that have a very positive out look on life. I am excited to say that I will be attending this college in the fall. I don't think I could have picked a safer environment to learn and live!

Shawn

Tusculum College is a fantastic school for any student looking for a well equipped, informed and fun school for their college career. Tusculum professors and staff go above and beyond to make your college experience amazing. It feels like a family rather than college. I love this school and hope to work at one such as this when I graduate.

Tusculum College to me has so far been an amazing experience. There has yet to be a time where I have felt out of place. Everyone here is helpful and nice. Also every one here has the same goals and cares a lot about their academics so there is not a whole lot of distractions. Tusculum college is a place you can call home.

Kenleigh

Kenleigh, don't be afraid. You are not the only freshman that has to get used to a new world. Don't be afraid to ask for help, make new friends, or speak up in class. You will make some great friends, even though it's your first year, and make sure you keep in touch with them and help keep their spirits high. Don't forget your high school friends: visit them, call and text them, spend time with them, they're still very important in your life. While at school, keep calm and try to get through each day. Always be careful and don't be afraid to show that you're a Christian and talk about what you believe in. Befriend your teachers as well because they don't judge and will drop what they're doing just to help you. Enjoy each class and especially the people in them - you'll be spending the next 4 years with them. Pray and don't give up. Do the best you can do even if you don't get that 'A.' You'll get through the first year just fine and you'll really enjoy it. It flies!

At Tusculum, we have a different type of schedule. We take one class at a time for three weeks and then we get a four to five day break and then repeat. I really enjoy this because I only have to focus on one subject at a time and not have to divide my time up between three to four classes; I only have to study for one midterm and one final at a time! This really helps you focus and also helps you to learn and retain the information a lot better.

The main kind of person who shouldn't attend is the slacker. You have to keep up with the workload, since we are learning a year worth of info in three weeks, and you have to be able to use time-management skills. Also, if you have a high stress level you'll have to get over it because students are so pressed for time. We are also a Presbyterian college, so we aren't afraid to talk about religion and participate in the religious activities sponsored.

Madilyn

My classmates always have a funny comparison to throw out to the teacher, but the questions and jokes are almost always related to the subject; however, for the rest of the time, they are content to listen and learn with you, and are usually willing to discuss the class after dismissal.

So far in your life, everything has a tendency to simply “work out.” Guess what, sunshine? It’s not going to work like that anymore. The transition to college will be rough; it’ll be uncomfortable, and there will be tears. It’s also the best decision of your entire life. Be strong, honey! First, your comfort zone no longer exists. You’re going to meet some strange and slightly freaky people, but give them a chance. Also, solitude is no longer an option. College will strip you of privacy and space; get comfortable with a long temper fuse, because dorm life requires the patience of a saint. Your roommate, an inconsiderate sweetheart, will be a special test. Also, be wary of men: it doesn’t matter if they simply have good morals. You’ll need more substantial dinner discussion! However, these experiences differ from your true focus: your academic education. No more procrastination! Keep an open mind, but don’t forget who you are or where you come from. Your faith in God will go through major tests. This is a blessing; God has trusted you to teach His children. So be ready, and be an example.

The block system (taking one class for 18 days, then switching to another class) can prove to be very stressful at times. If you get sick, pray you have an understanding teacher who will let you make up the work, because missing one day of class is the equivalent to missing a week in the standard semester system.

Dominque

Small school with less than 2000 students, very isolated, and pretty mountains in the background.

Curdious people, they will hold the doors and say goodmorning or help you with notes if you miss class one day.

If I could go back in time and give myself advice it would be to be more open to people and network, keep pursuing football, and to fill out as many scholarships as possible. The more people that I know the more it could help me out well after college. Because any of those people could be the same person that's going to hire me or know someone in my field that could. Playing football would of been a good way to network and it would make the college life so much easier. It's also a good experience to be part of that not too many people will ever know. Lastly I would tell myself to keep looking for scholarships, the more I would of applied for the better I would of been in the long run. Financial situations can be tough if it's not planned out correctly. These are the three pieces of advice that I wish someone would of told me two years ago.

ketaarie

I would get invovled with more activities at school or get a job. I also would not have been such a slacker when it came to my schoolwork; because i never thought that my grade from the previous years before my last year of highschool would be taken into account when applying for college. I could have had a much wider range on my resume of skills and accomplishment. I would have been better prepared for college if i had just taken it seriously. I never needed to work on my communication and interaction with others because that is somethign i was good at. However, i mostly did that in my own dialect. Now i am in college sometimes i say to myself how can people hear you if they can't understand you. All in all, highschool wasn't as important as i thought it was in that time. If i had learn to take it seriously from the start and not wait until the last minute, i think things would have turned out much differently. I guess i only took it seriously when tine was approaching for college and started to do all the neccessities to get in.

Tusculum College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.