University of California-Berkeley

« See more reviews of University of California-Berkeley

The University of California Berkeley is academically challenging because you compete with students that are not only highly competitive and intelligent, they also come from different backgrounds that shapes them to be headstrong and hardworking.

UC Berkeley is hands-down one of the best schools in the nation--it lives up to it's name, "The Number One Public University in the World"; at Cal, there is something for everyone because I haven't met a single person who has regretted coming here.

UC Berkeley is definitely a hippie school; there's vegan and vegeterian options, pro-tests, walk-outs, strikes, and people talking about global issues everyday(as far as Berkeley is concerned, the free-speech movement has definitely not ended).

Berkeley may be far be the most challenging academic experience in my academic career; from the newly found freedom to the intensity of various classes, Cal has allowed me to push myself to my full potential in and out of the classroom.

UC Berkeley is not only the number one public school in America, but it is the most diverse university I have ever visited, it offers a great variety of classes, it is beautiful, challenging, rich in culture and it has amazing food.

University of California Berkeley has the most involved and invested student body in the country, both politically and academically, and there is no shortage of activities to get involved in and causes to support (or protest).

UC Berkeley is a school full of intelligent, ambitious students and hard-working, helpful professors who work together on social and academic levels to create a brighter world for tomorrow.

UC Berkeley provides not only a very stimulating and rigorous learning environment but also opportunities for students to realize their potential in making the world a better place.

The University of California Berkeley offers students the necessary tools to enhance the career of their choice while exposing its students to a culture of tradition and diversity.

Corporate university. Producing the kinds of students/careers that are needed for the state/corporations. Academically rigourous. Demanding workloads. Lots of extracurriculars.