University of California-Los Angeles

« See more reviews of University of California-Los Angeles

My school is very well known for being a research and ground-breaking education in the medical field that has only the best of the best attending the school. Known for having a beautiful campus, offering many opportunities post-graduation, a very reputable university with highly-skilled professors in their field, and delicious dining food too! UCLA isn't just a university, it's almost an entire city! Not to mention, the Ronald Reagan UCLA hospital is widley known to be the number one hospital in los angeles, california and even the nation with many extremely sick patients.

Our school is best known for academically developed school. I searched about our school through wikipedia, and most of our school major is top 20 in United States. Some departments in our school is top 20 all around the world. Although I am an engineering major, I heard from our orientation guide that UCLA medical school is 3rd place around the United States. Our school was used to be also known for good reputation of sports player such as Kareem Abdul Johal, and Jakie Robinson. However, this was past year. Now, our school is well known for highly research school.

UCLA is best known for setting the bar for excellence at public schools. It is a diverse environment, where few of the departments and individual schools outshine each other, and every field of study is regarded highly. It is rigourous, and it encourages achievement in the classroom and beyond. And perhaps most importantly, it is a large part of Los Angeles' culture. Every year the school graduates thousands of people, most of whom go on to be pillars of one of America's most celebrated cities. UCLA's is a model which any public university could follow proudly.

The school I attend is best known for many things. A few examples are the quality and strength of the academics and research that are continually going on. Both the undergraduate and graduate schools located here have strong programs (i.e., medical school, dental school, etc.) which entail a competitve application progress and are incredibly selective. This school is also known for its location and the numerous opportunities that come along with being in Los Angeles. Lastly, this campus has a strong athletics program, which is known to many people.

As a biased film major, I have to say UCLA's School of Theatre, Film and Television. The undergraduate and graduate programs top all the lists, and the teachers are fantastic. The Daily Bruin -- the campus newspaper -- is also one of the most-read college newspapers in the U.S. The law school, the business school and the engineering school are also world-renowned. But the reason for the rivalries (especially with our friends across the way, USC) is the basketball team. Even when they're down, they're still rocking the front page of the LA Times.

University of California, Los Angeles is best known for the great dining experience that it provides. The great dining experience is not of the numerous restaurants that UCLA has, but the actual dining halls that serve food in a buffet style. The quality of the food is incomparable to that of other universities, as almost every dish tastes good. Even students from other universities, while boasting about their athletics and academics, cannot put their dining hall food above our's, as it is evident that our dining hall food is top quality.

UCLA is known best for its research quality and its wide array of academic programs. The school is one of the top schools in the nation in neuroscience studies, and the research methods employed are some of the best in the world. There are whole courses dedicated towards research techniques, and the professors at the school have advisors who do nothing but work with you on sharpening your research skills. The amount of information in their libraries is also extensive, storing plenty of material to learn from and build upon.

UCLA thrives on its immense alumni network, incredible school spirit, and promotion of diversity. Most kids grow up looking towards UCLA as a leader in football or other athletics, but we are so much more than that. Our massive campus hosts close to 1,000 different extracurricular organizations as well as a prominent Greek life, Volunteer Center, Career Center, etc. We appear to cater to all students from all backgrounds, but it’s up to the student themselves when they arrive to discover UCLA and make it their home.

I would have to say that my school is known for a lot of things including its reputation for being an excellent academic school. It offers a myriad of majors for students to choose from, and does a good job in preparing students for graduate school and beyond. I also know that it is particularly known for its sports program, especially because it has more NCAA championships than any college in the nation. Other smaller things that my school is known for is its beautiful architecture and its location in Los Angeles.

UCLA is best known for its well-rounded success such as in athletics (first to 100 NCAA championships!), academics, research, community service, and many other areas. Students who are a part of this university tend to have enriching experiences and a good breadth of knowledge, due to the liberal arts education that is provided here. Another advantage or well known fact about UCLA is its unique location in the heart of Los Angeles, creating effective networking which provides students with numerous opportunities.