University of California-Riverside

« See more reviews of University of California-Riverside

Every quarter at the end of the quarter, the school's Taiko class has a performance in front of the arts building. You can hear the drums bouncing off of all of the buildings nearby and it feels like the sound will travel all the way across school. There is also the occasional bagpipe performance that goes on, which is never something one should want ot miss. We also have a lot of small concerts in one of the restaurants on campus. The open mic nights also, at the very least, provide quite a bit of entertainment when people are willing to go up on stage.

At UCR, the students are as diverse as California can get. It has exposed me to different cultures, races, personalities, talents, and as a result, I made many friends. As an honors student, I enjoy many privileges like having first dibs on classes when it comes to registering for the next quarter. Although not easy to remain an honors student, its rewards are endless. No matter what background you come from or what you want to become when you grow up, education is a permanent investment in one's life which is why it is paramount to utilize it.

The University of California of Riverside is best known for the research in the natural sciences. Riverside is the home of the navel orange which was created with the research of the professors of the natural sciences department. Along with that, the university is also known for an amazing philosophy department with professors majority of them with their PhD from ivy league universities. Many times, it may be difficult to study and do well, but with the right group of people, it is very easy to succeed.

UCR is the most diverse school out of all the UCs. You will not feel racially out of place. Many people look down upon UCR as a lame school, but school will always be what you make out of it. If your attitude is positive, you will have a positive experience at UCR. I personally believe that the Media and Cultural Studies department is absolutely amazing. Don't think that because you're going to UCR, you'll have lame professors. UCR has the most intelligent and down-to-earth professors.

UC Riverside is best known for it's great student activities, an amazing science department, and helpful and kind teachers. At UCR, incoming freshman are welcomed with a Block Party. This is a social event with concerts, food, and activities to get to know fellow students. The science department has help in many researches, including maleria and human development. The teachers and their aides are there if you need help and aren't intimidating.

Diversity amongst the whole campus, including students and professors. As a result tolerance and a general understanding help produce worldly students who are prepared to enter their careers with a better understanding of people as a general. But aside from that, this school is in its sycophantic stages, its supposedly the largest UC campus amongst the rest but fails to utilize that space for other fields of academia other than science.

My school is best known for being a reseach based school. In order to have any type of social interaction with others, you must be in a group project or be part of a sorority or fraternity and be willing to drink excessively. It is very expensive and you do not get good educationa advice unless you are in a less impacted major. The career department was not very helpful and I had to find my own internship.

I believe that the University of California Riverside is best known for it's diversity among faculty and students. They are well known for encouraging students to learn and understand one another's diverse background. They are also well known for expecting the very best out of their students. The professors are well-prepared and are experts in their fields.

Most people refer to UCR as UC Rejects. However, after spending my first year here and second continuing year, I have found that statement to be false. UCR is a great campus, and the education is excellent. What it comes down to is your personal ability to study. Do not let what others refer to UCR as (UC Rejects), because it is actually a great school.

I think my favorite campus tradition would be the stress reliever the Chancellor provides during finals week. He brings puppies for all of the students to pet at the Belltower and passes out cookies in the middle of finals week to remind us that there are many happy simple things in life, and finals will be over soon.