University of California-Riverside

« See more reviews of University of California-Riverside

I like to brag mainly about how I was when I was little. I like having people pay attention to me when I talk. I also like talking about what kind of cultures I know and which countries I have been to because they are the topics that I understand. There are many topics that I do not exactly understand when my friends speak with each other. Being a different race and believing a different religion really does not help me get along better with my new friends.

I love telling others about all the friends I've made at school. How friendly everyone's been and how great the school is in the sense that it makes me feel like I belong. I really like UCR and I am proud to go to school there. I love bragging about all the interesting things I learned in class and I love that my professors are passionate about what they do. The fact that they love their field makes it easier for students to love their class.

When I brag about my school, one of the things I like to put the emphasis on, is the diversity of the studetnt body that attends UCR. UCR is also a top research oriented school and we are always of the cutting edge of the majors we choose to focus on. Not to mention UCR is a tier 1 school, which is included in the top 100 universities within the United States.

What I brag most to my friends is how socially open this school is. The people are friendly, and making friends is easy. As far as I have seen, UCR is open to all races, religions, and beliefs. The freedom of speech is widely accepted in this campus, and cultural diversity is welcomed. UCR is a great place to open yourself to new ideas and make new friends.

I brag mostly about the people at my school. Everyone at my school are so welcoming and are more than welcome to mentor you through school. I've made so many friends that will become lifetime friends. Also the school is so diverse and so I spending time with my friends is like adventure were I experience new things.

I tell my friends of the support I get from faculty, staff, and my fellow students in learning and embracing the challenges of school. I let them know of the many choices we have for activities outside of school as well, which have helped me to make new friends and learn more about different cultures.

When I talk to my friends who don't attend UCR, I always brag about the fact that I have generally warm weather. Riverside is in the Inland Empire and has desert like weather. My afternoons are spent in the sunshine, while many of friends are in the cold and rain. Warm weather in January is the best.

UC Riverside is not known for prestige in comparison to the other UC?s such as UCLA or UC Berkeley, but I am proud of the Thomas Haider program which is part of a UCLA and UCR medical program; what is also worth mentioning of UCR is their plan to create new and expand their pre-med/medical facilities.

When i talk about my school to my friends I brag about all the different organizations on campus there are. I think that all the differnt campus organizations halep a lot of the students get to know each other because it attracts people with common interests.

I brag most about the ethnic diversity and the wide range of cultures that mesh on campus. Also, the honors program is superb and the professors are all professionals in their field because of their research that they have to do every year.