University of California-Riverside

« See more reviews of University of California-Riverside

The worst thing about this school is the lack of complete security. Often times, one gets to hear cases of rape or robbery and that's why it becomes difficult to not be afraid when one is on campus at night. However, critical measures are being taken to increase security and decrease the crime rate on campus.

The worst is probably the fact that it is always under construction. Most UC's however are constantly under construction in order to build better facilities for students and faculty. The neighboring area is not that great either, I hope that Riverside will soon expand to a more student-friendly environment.

The worst thing about UCR is the administrative system. While everyone does their best to be friendly and helpful, sometimes there's so much red tape it can make your head spin (and in silly places!). Not to mention the budget- there are times you have to wonder where your tuition money is getting to.

I hate how there is not much to do in Riverside. Plus, it is too far to commute to a major city like Los Angeles without wasting a lot of gas. I wish we were super close to a beach or Los Angeles. The public transportation sucks, so you need a car. Also, I wish we had a bigger University Village.

The worst thing about UCR is the weather. It is extremely hot in the summers, up to 110 degrees, and during the winter and fall it can be very windy and cold. It is wise to check the weather before leaving your dorm or house. Also, classrooms are typically cold so be sure to bring a sweater.

There is not much I can say that would be really bad about the school. If anything it would be that it has a poor film program that is in need of being financed for a better start at the study of film. This would increase more hands on work and experience for the film major students.

I think the worst thing about our school is got to be the difference in grading between easy and hard teacher. Some teacher gives easy grade while students learns nothing while other teachers tend to teach with very effective methods while giving students lower and more honest grade.

The worst part about UCR is its relative surroundings. Students generally tend to stay on campus because the surrounding neighborhoods tend to be relatively unsafe. This forces students to be confined mostly to the campus and what little surroundings it has.

The worst thing is the ONLY thing bed about my school, which is the weather. Personally, I prefer the winter, but Riverside is one of the hottest cities in California. It gets pretty hot and sometimes it also gets humid, but it only occurs in the summer.

The worst thing about my school is the fact that it is on a quater system. So it is kind of hard to adjust as a freshman, because everything goes by so fast. In the begining it is hard to keep up, but after a while you get used to it.