University of California-San Diego Top Questions

Describe a typical weekend.

Whisper

A typical weekend for me is usually spent watching movies at home, going to the beach, maybe eating out or going downtown. However, the typical weekend for most people is spent studying during the day and partying at night. Most parties are usually house parties held by your own friends. Depending on what time of the school year it is (i.e. first week of the quarter) you'll have a lot of frat parties to pick and choose from.

On a typical weekend for a typical student would be, doing laundry, studying and perhaps getting over a hangover. I never drank but my suite mates sure knew how to have a good time. Students may also go explore La Jolla and buy groceries or go to the beach. There really is no typical weekend on campus because the quarter system goes by very fast and one week you may be able to take it easy and the other you may be cramming for a midterm or quiz.