University of California-San Diego Top Questions

What's the dating scene like?

Whisper

Perhaps it's because I'm in a relationship that I'm a little biased, but I'd say about 20{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} of the school is in a relationship at some point or another. Generally most people are pretty independent and not necessarily looking for a relationship because this is college after all. Once you get through your first couple years though you start to realize that some people are looking for life partners - which can be a little overwhelming at first, but again, this is college and some people find the person they're going to marry here, while others don't care for anything serious.

Maria

Of all the people I know only few are in committed relationships or are even thinking about dating. UCSD has a lot of work for students to do so dating is not a priority here but I think it also has to do with our age. We are all young and just want to have fun while in college so a lot of people just don't care to date.

Maria