University of California-Santa Cruz

« See more reviews of University of California-Santa Cruz

The best feature of the University California, Santa Cruz is that its educators and students alike are always working to make our world a better place. Not only did I gain a valuable academic education, but a meaningful social and environmental one as well. UCSC's faculty, staff, and student body work diligently to create a strong sense of community at the school, spread awareness regarding environment movements toward a cleaner and safer planet, and support human rights and equality for all. I learned more about the importance of activism and idealism during those four years than all eighteen before.

The best part of UCSC is that it is a great place to make the most of your college experience - socially and academically. UCSC has small classes, several libraries and study centers, down to earth and available professors and teacher's assistants. On campus jobs are available, and work around your schedule. And because the greek system is small, there is a social atmosphere without too many outrageous parties. In fact, most students here prefer small parties. Everyone is so unique and adds dimension to the special atmosphere here - the ocean, forest, and city provide a fabulous landscape to study.

At UCSC you definitely have the best of both worlds: The campus is nestled inside of a beautifully lush and alive forest, yet is still located just blocks away from the ocean. There are an endless amount of things to do, from surfing to hiking to exploring the many oddities of our campus, such as the underground caves, the cat cemetery, and the school?s trailer park. You never know who you?re going to meet or what you?ll discover on campus since there are just so many opportunities for new experiences and adventure!

It is a truly amazing and beautiful place! It's is in a redwood forest, so there are gorgeous trees everywhere and you see deer everyday. The hill that it's on overlooks the bay, so you get a beautiful view of the ocean from many places on campus. There are tons of paths and trails around to hike, bike on, or just explore. The campus has great climbing trees, caves, and is really close to a state park that has a creek with a great swimming hole. There is always something fun to do or something beautiful to see!

I love my school not only for the academics and opportunities that it is providing me, along with the great students and faculty. But by far my favorite part about UCSC is the forest surrounding campus. UCSC has taken great care not to industrialize its surroundings. I love living in the forest, it is refreshing to see nature all around and a beautiful view of Monterey Bay outside your window. The deer and squirrels walk around campus like it?s their own territory, which, in my opinion is a great thing.

The best attribute of UC Santa Cruz is that it is isolated up in the hills of Santa Cruz which allows for a more focused environment for studying. The separation of the campus allows for students to be more focused while on campus, but still have the accessability to see the urban life of this costal city where it resides in. To sum it all up, UC Santa Cruz gives the best of both worlds-the serenity of the forest life as well as the urbanization of the beach life.

The campus is the best because of its comfortable surrounding that allows anyone to walk around anytime throughout the day or night. It provides an opportunity for people to live among trees and, for me personally, to get away from the city and experience and different type of lifestyle and surrounding. The campus allows me to experience everything away from a city, from the moist, green trees to the steep hills I have to walk up and down everyday.

I think the nature on campus and surrounding the school is gorgous. The school is 5 minutes from the beach and about 30 minutes from the mountains so there is a diverse terrain which creates a lot of opportunities to do outdoor activities which you can plan on your own or through the school. I also enjoy the social aspect of the campus. There are always people outside and with their doors open so you can go hangout with people whenever.

UC Santa Cruz has a liberal degree struture, allowing students to actively become scholars in their chosen subject area even if it's not offered as a standard major. This openess allows students to truely discover and explore their educational passions. With opportunites for independent field study, and creating your own major, UC Santa Cruz doesn't pigeon hole students into particular fields of study, and produces unique graduates.

Everything ! There is no aspect of UC Santa Cruz which I don't like. Being from a big city, it is nice to just be in a place that has meadows and greenery all throughout the city. The beaches are also a sight to see , and being a touristic attraction, Santa Cruz has the small shops and stores downtown that everyone likes to spend time in. The academic intensity is amazing, and the teachers are always happy to help.