University of La Verne Top Questions

Describe the dorms.

Allyse

The dorms are fairly nice. My freshman year, I lived in what are considered the 'freshmen' dorms. These were small-ish rooms that were all doubles, in a three-story brick building. The building was co-ed. Although the rooms were fairly small, living there was one of the best experiences of my life. The lobby was always full of people haning out, playing pool and watching tv. The students all kept their doors open, which kept a friendly atmosphere. I would always wander the halls and end up hanging out with people. It was here that I made some of my lifelong friends. I would stay up til the late hours of the morning with my dorm ‘family’, often ending up at a nearby food place. The newer dorms, which I lived in last year, are slightly larger and can hold up to three students. These are nicer than the freshmen dorms, but I had more of a family feel with the freshmen dorms. The newer dorms are separated into six different two and three story buildings, so there aren’t as many students in each. Each building tends to have its own personality after the first few months. The last dorms are the all-girl dorms, which I have never lived in. it seems cozy, and the rooms are very spacious. The new dorms are to be completed this fall, and they will be pods of four rooms each, with singles and doubles combined. Some will have their own bathroom. These dorms are supposed to be extremely nice.