University of Missouri-St Louis Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of Missouri-St Louis

Kelsey

The University of Missouri-Saint Louis is an amazing school that welcomed me with open arms when I decided I wanted to transfer. I honestly thought that transfering to another university that was a little bigger than my previous university would be hard but everyone from my advisor to my professors to my friends made sure that my transition into the UMSL life was smooth.

Joseph

My opinion of UMSL is that its a very open school with lots of cool people to become friends with and to hangout with, I know the on-campus housing is great and there's lots of freedom with it, as well as the off-campus housing. The teachers are very open and friend and available to help anytime.

Makayla

I think that UMSL is a good place to go to school, it has its ups and downs but what school doesn't. The thing that I like the most about umsl is there are a lot of commuters so you don't really meet the same people everyday whether you want to or not. Also we have a subway on our campus and I really love subway and I really like the employees there, they are pretty nice.

Jarron

I love my college, I am proud to say I choose this University and it saved me a whole lot of money. The professors are always availbe and there always people to interact with. The students are friendly, the professors are as well, and its ok to not speak up, if you are afraid to speak up nobody pressurs you to do anything you don't want to, being yourself here at this University is what I love most here.

Tiara

It is transitioning from a commuter campus to a traditional campus. Sports are not as noticed here but they are trying to get students more involved.

Tina

It's a decent school with quality education. As long as you put in what you pay for, it's well worth it. Sometimes the student events can be hectic but there's always some fun out of it so it's not too bad. The faculty and student body is nice though!

Abrionna

It's an okay school for commuters, but it also lacks student attentiveness. As a commuter school it fails to have as much flexibility as it should.

Toni

UMSL is a great college! While it has it flaws like any other school, it's still a great college. Education is taken very seriously and there's assistance you cane request any time for help. There are many sororities, fraternities, and clubs. There are other activities and events to participate in every week; also, three train stops away is the Loop. You can eat, shop, or just take a walk.

Kassidy

Attending UMSL is the best thing I've ever done! At one point I did not want to attend college at all, but I got accepted into UMSL and my parents wanted me to go to school so I decided to go. I also did not want to live on campus. I am now a full-time student living in the dorms and I've never been happier. The campus is beautiful and there are so many amenities. There's food available everywhere, a little on campus store, a pool at the residential hall, on-site laundry facilities and even a little homework hall. So much for not wanting to live on campus! There's a little shuttle to take me to the next campus for class. I was terrified of having huge classes, but I only have one class with more than 50 people in it, my other classes have no more than 26. My teachers are extremely open and helpful. I went from not wanting to attend college to enjoying my college experience. I know I am getting a quality education and the price isn't too bad either. Overall I think UMSL would be the perfect choice for anyone wanting to learn and feel at home.

Kelly

Loved my nursing school staff and felt with them from freshman year on because of a scholarship. They were knowledgeable, helpful, and could always be reached. During my pre requisite classes I still did not have problems with most teachers and even on the more difficult classes there are always tutors availabile. The downside was being on south campus and the danger/proximity to the the metro and studying after dark got sketchy.

Kate

It's not a bad place to get your undergraduate degree. It's a solid value and more of the faculty than you might expect are gems. The Honor's College is what makes the school worthwhile to me: same cost, smaller classes, more strenuous academic work and a closer community.

Marque

I enjoy the diversity of the campus so much! Classes there are no bigger than 12-15 people and every instructor puts fourth time to benefit your succesion. No student is left behind and as well everyone is friendly. Activity is all around and the food is amazing. I can say that we are a school of talents and many surprises. Its an amazing expirence.

Josh

I love it! I've worked there for the past 6 years as the Director of Sports Performance. In my current role I work with over 200 athletes to help improve their strength, speed, agility, and conditioning so that they can perform their sports at a higher level. I'm also an adjunct professor for physical education and exercise science. This fall I'll begin working on my PHD. Umsl is a great place to work and go to school.

Katherine

UMSL is a great university with excellent academic programs. I am very pleased with the education I am receiving. UMSL offers several scholarships for students who are in need. The faculty at UMSL are highly trained and qualified. The training and preparation received at UMSL are top-notch.

lucy

I really enjoy the University of Missouri- Saint Louis. The classes are great, and they are pretty hard which is good for college type classes. The teachers I have had so far are always going the extra mile to help their students succeed, and that gives me a lot of peace the majority of the time. II would definitely recommend the Honor's College for those who like talking and discussion time in class. It definitely gives you an opportunity to speak out and have others listen to your opinions. I really appreciate UMSL and I hope that you do too! GOOOO Tritons!

Batsheva

It is a great university. Best of all, it is affordable. Also the Teachers and Staff really make you feel comfortable and supported. There are lots of facilities and resources, including many free services. A general welcoming, warm, aim-to-please feeling!

Julianne

I was very nervous to transfer to this school, but it is great! The campus is beautiful in the fall with all of our trees. It is more of a commuter school which strays away from people staying on campus. The food is great and there are many options available. The faculty is very helpful and available when needed and take pride in teaching their students.

Brendan

UMSL is a great school, especially for students who also work full time. They offer lots of flexibility with class schedules and tuition is very reasonable. The professors seem to really care and want their students to succeed. The business programs are some of the best in the country and I am proud to be a Triton!

Sydni

Jessika

It's a school that helps one transition into the next phase in their life.

Kevin

Classes are either hard or easy, no middle ground. The cost of the classes are still expensive. Depending on the semester cost can be a lot or just enough to cover. Generally it cost a lot and will need outside help to afford. But, overall the place isn't too bad.

Shannon

I think University of Missouri-St. Louis is a great school, I have had very positive experiences with with student recruitment staff, other students, employees, professors, and all staff associated with UMSL. I live on campus and feel very safe and at home here, I plan on spending my full four years here.

Meranda

As currently only being at UMSL for the current semester and in the midst of the coronavirus outbreak, I really liked the campus although parking in general is awful. I've hit someone that parked wrong and I've also been hit in a hit-and- run while at class. So my advice is don't bother trying to get a new car for college unless you're is just breaking down every chance it gets.

Tiffany

I love being in a sorority. But the campus needs a lot of work with cosmetics. Some of the bathrooms don't even have stalls. This school used to be a country club but you would never know because everything is run down. All of the sororities lost our houses because no one would listen to us when we told them there is mold in our house. By the time they finally listened to us it was too late. All of our houses are considered unlivable.

Bailey

I truly believe that I am getting my money's worth of education at the University of Missouri - St. Louis. Most of my professors are very willing to answer questions and work one-on-one, and they are extremely knowledgeable about the subject matter in their classes.

Jasmine

This school is a commuter school. If you’re looking to meet friends and a variety of people do not attend this school. To meet people you have to play a sport or be in a sorority or fraternity. The parking sucks, not many good food places, and crime.

victoria

UMSL is an affordable option with a wide variety of majors. The facilities are also clean. Additionally, the professors and counselors are there to help us in any way they can to further our education. All the students are friendly and make sure we all understand the curriculum that is being taught.

Justin

I had transferred to UMSL after complete my Associate's degree at a local community college. I immediately felt comfortable on campus. The culture, facilities, and staff are all great. Healthy and constructive discussions were ongoing in my lectures. The instructors placed a great amount of effort in spurring growth in student, in addition to the lecture material. I would recommend UMSL to any student seeking a more moderate university experience. The campus doesn't highlight on Greek life and sports, although they are available.

Sadiee

Ever since I was a child, I adored her grey UMSL hoodie. I wore it in high school. I understand what people thought of state colleges, but I did not care. I have found so much encouragement and support within UMSL's halls. I've had multiple professors take an interest in my college career. Within my major and my minors, I've found many non-traditional students like myself. This reflection of myself brings me so much community at UMSL.

Skylar

I think UMSL brings new life of a college student to the full effect. It gives you the athletic, educational, and social aspect of every opportunity you could want in a university!On top of the teachers, students, and staff there are endless things to do within the STL area.

Jaydah

I transferred to UMSL in 2017, and I have enjoyed every moment afterward. The first college I attended discouraged me from obtaining my degree because I felt like it was too hard. UMSL made sure I was aware of resources I could reach out to throughout the semester. Including tutoring, advising, counseling, and other groups that advocate for student success!

Nyesha

The overall vibe of the school is great.

Rebecca

I love everything about this school, and wouldn't trade my decision to attend here for the world. It is the quintessential college, with variety in majors, clubs, sports, charities, organizations, transportation, fantastic job opportunities, great campus security, amazing mentors and leaders, and best of all everyone who works here, is designed to help the student become a better person; intellectually, spiritually, emotionally, and physically.