University of New Haven

« See more reviews of University of New Haven

Tuition, hoursing, and meal plans are extremely expensive because I come from a relatively poor family. I was only able to attend college with the help of financial aid and scholarships. The college is so expensive that my family decided that it would be cheaper for me to rent an apartment off campus and to commute to school. The school, also, has limited parking, so if a student does show up by a certain time, nearly every parking spot on campus is filled. Commuting is still costly because of rising gas prices and automobile maintenance.

I consider the worst thing about my school to be the registration process. There are a lot of students that have to take the same classes, but either that class sizes are too small or there are not enough sections of the class offered. The site we used to use to register would constantly crash on top of that. Not only were there not enough classes, but only a few students were able to get through to register for them. However, the site was just switched and this one does not crash, which is an improvement.

The worst thing about my school would have to be the area it's located in and its expenses. The University's location is in an area where there are many occurences of violence. This isn't the safest place in the world, but the campus police does its best to ensure safety amongst the students. Also, like any other college, mine comes with a lot of costly expenses. This isn't easy to deal with, but hopefully, in the end, the education will be worthwhile.

One of the worst things about my school is the lack of help that the school administration gives to students. This includes the burslar office as well individual advisors given to students. Asking for help can be compared to pulling teeth. You are either put into a situation where the person acts annoyed as if your question causes them pain. Or a situation where your question is never answered to the full extent of their capabilities.

The worst thing about my school is the cost. It's almost $40,000 a year. It is private school but I don't think it should be that much to attend. People should have access to education. Some people have to work and go to school at the same time and it's not easy. I wish the school tuition was less.

The worst aspect of the University of New Haven is that there is not a lot of on campus housing. For your first year, you are ensured on campus housing if you wish, but after your first year, it's all luck. For me personally, I want to live on campus all four years for convenience.

The worst thing about the University of New Haven is the fact that the University of accepting more students but is not making accomodations for the size. It is becoming more difficult to get into the classes needed and whether or not you get into UNH housing is based on luck.

There are not too many extracurricular activities, and the ones that are advertised are not what they say they are. There is not enough emphasis put on musical groups at the school and I believe if more work was put into them, many more students would be involved.

I consider the worst thing about my school is the surrounding community. The University is located directly next to a ghetto where crimes are often being taken place. As far as the school goes, I think the school is a great place to be attending.

The available housing is the worst part about this school. Housing is not gauranteed, and even though it is given by a lottery systerm that is completely fair, there just isn't enough housing to accomodate all the students that need it.