University of Notre Dame Top Questions

Describe the best and worst parts of the social scene on campus.

Notre

Bad news first! Worst: the disparity between boys and girls dorms is ridiculous. Girls, get used to going to boys dorms to do anything loud or fun, even if it does not include drinking. The rules are way strict in girls dorms and any type of get-together is likely to get broken up. Also, parietals are not fun. 2 am is pretty early by college standards, and that is the time on the weekends when you are forced to go back to your own dorm and go to sleep. But honestly, all dorm parties are the same and they aren't that great. Best: Beer and wine are allowed on campus, if you are 21. The administration (especially in boys dorms) usually look the other way if you are drinking, even if you are underage AS LONG AS YOU DO SO RESPONSIBLY. If you get out of hand or get sick, you will get in trouble - but if you are hanging out and just having some fun and there happens to be alcohol involved, they are cool about it. The other great thing? If you don't drink - everyone is so cool with that! No one will ever try to make you drink. Notre Dame also sponsors TONS of awesome events on weekends including concerts, themed dance nights at our nightclub (go on Hip Hop night), poker tournaments, comedy shows, hypnotists, and tons of free food!

Notre