Victor Valley College

« See more reviews of Victor Valley College

I would advise and tell myself to have had studied harder back in my high school years to excel more in my classes and to have started studying my college class academics to prepare myself in the field of my interest. I would've started my FAFSA earleir in time to communicate with my college counselor to see how much my financial cost would be for my courses offered in college. Also I would've advised myself to take advanced courses and as well as to continue my other studies in the field I have chosen in my high school years. I would've also practicde some of my career interest classes to know how to prepare myself for all the requirements in my courses to achieve in my academics skills necessary. I would tell my high school senior self to continue to go to Victor Valley College as well to look into the requirments for my second career option to learn how to exceed/achieve my goal to acheive my necessary degrees. I would have advised to look into Victor Valley College courses to learn the classes and research on them so as to be better prepared for college.

Dear past self, You are about to make one of the biggest decisions of your life and that does not just include comfort and school opportunities, this decision also includes finances. You will want to choose a school that costs a lot of money because it offers sparkly opportunities. However, you will not be able to afford your expensive taste in schools after only one year. This is going to be devastating, you will be forced to go to the local community college where you will feel stuck because of the lack of option and opportunity. But it does not have to end like this – you can go to a more affordable school – you will not be limited because of this choice. I know that what your thinking is you won’t be able to grow because you want to choose a school that is common and that doesn’t offer all the opportunities you want, but you do not know everything, including this. Don’t be jaded by people’s opinions around you, those people do not get to tell you who you are because you are capable of amazing things even at an affordable college.

If I was back in time , I would of know what carreer I want to work on , that I will also like . I would start looking for colleges and if i needed help , I would ask for teachers to help me out.I would actually apply so many scholarships becaue college and university its expensive. I would try my hardest. . I would of taken classes in vvc just to get ahead in my future. I would also try to save up money and buy a car so I could take myself to places that I need to be. I want to be independent , because my parents work so much in their lives . I want to be help them after I finished with my career. Finish Regional Occupation Program from there I would apply for a job and still study my other career. I would still in live with my parents , the day I get married I would move out. In total of my career I would be finished in 2014 with my Master degree and License of Medical Billing and Radiologist Techinician of California of USA. I would have known programs in my school and couldve got scholarships and honors.

Claudia, I would like to tell you how hard on your family going to school has been for them. They are happy to help when they can but going to school and missing activities has made you lose out on some great moments. Your daughters are proud of what you are doing, however, they wished that you had done it when you were younger. Do not start working and think that you will go next semester because it will not happen. You once felt that you couldn't do it, the college thing, and now you know that you live for the next score on a test. You can do this! College is one of a handful of life acheivements that can make a difference in your life like a great job and a real vacation for your daughters. Don't give up on your dream no matter what other people tell you. School is hard but the reward is greater and you will look back and see that you have come a long way for yourself and for your daughters. You will not regret the reward for all your sacrifices and all your hard work. You can do it!

If I could talk to myself as a senior, I would focus on two things. First, know what you want to do, and know how to get there, if you don't take the inititive to find out the classes you need you are just going to be wasting time and money, two things that are very important in college. Next, don't think that you can get through college without studying. Good study habits is one of the most important things to develop in upper division learning. The truth is that you may be able to get away with it in the beginning, but once you really start getting into the classes that count, you will sink and drown if you don't take the time to study and really learn the information. Plus everything you're going to learn builds on everything you've learned already, if you don't have a good foundation, anything you try to build on that foundation will just crumble. So STUDY, and study hard because you have to put the work in if you want results, that just goes for anything in life.

If I could go back in time to talk to my self as a high school senior I would tell myself to take the SAT test to better my chances to get into a better school because that is what most colleges look for when they look at your application. I would look my self straight in the eye and tell Elijah Butler jr to be a better student, and tell him that it will help in the long run. I know Elijah will be in to art, so i would tell him to make up his mind about what art do you want to do in your life. I would tell him to play more sports be involed because if he play the best he can, and keep his grades up that can lead to a scholarship. When you are doing all of this make sure you study for every thing to be better in your class especially British literature. The last thing is take the Victor Valley College assessment test more serous. The last but not least is to have fun with your friends it's your senior year and enjoy your prom remember this class of 2007.

If I could go back in time and give myself advice for the future in college life, it would be to plan early and utilize every resource out there that is available! There are plenty of people out there that care about you and want you to succeed, so just let go and invest some time into thinking about the future. Get involved with campus clubs and interact with others to discover more about what you like to do and how you can apply that to your future. Do not worry about money and how you will be able to afford to go to college, but do trust that everything will work out as it is suppossed to. Ease your worried mind by taking the first step to talk to a school councelor and explore your options. You have the ability to go far, trust your abilities! Although I cannot change the past, I currently work with first generation students in high school in order to keep them college bound and ease their anxieties that I once knew all to well.

Knowing what i know now the advice i would give myself as a high school senior would be to go straight to a University. The life of a college student is an experience that everyone should have and I wish i would have gone right away. I would have told myself to send in my applications to all the universities on time instead of delaying and having to attend a community college. I also would have taken adavantage of all the scholarships that are offered to all the students because people do not take advantage of all the money that is offered to people who want to do something with their educations. To take life seriously and not focus on friends and boys would have been my advice to myself. But more than anything i would have told myself to not be scared of getting started, to be on my own, afterall fear should never hold us back from anything, because then you never would have know what you could have succeeded in.

I believe that everything in life happens for a reason and that you learn for it. You created your past by living it, you live in the now to fix it and you learn from the past so that you you can create your future. However, if I could go back and give myself advice, I wish I would have listened to my elders. My Mother, Father and older siblings were right about my education. It is very important for my future. I would tell myself "Hey Christopher, you know what, your education is very important, always take time to study and make sure youre paying attention in class, and by the way, Mom and Dad are right so listen to them". I would also tell myself that I am very fortunate to be able to go to college and continue my education and self development as a human being. A lot of people dont have that opportunity and I can happily say that I am trying my hardest to accomplish and make my parents proud.

If I could go back in time and talk to young Debi, I would tell her that now is her time! She can be anything she wants to be.... Going to college is just the begining of her life. Going to college will open her eyes to so many different things she can't get anywhere else. In college there are many opportunities to experience life to the fullest yet still growing and bettering herself to enter the career world when she graduate. It is still hard work, but it will be harder if she waits. There is so much more support and help to let her be successful. With the support, she will build friendships. These friends will help each other grow and become more wonderful than they are now..... These friends are friends that she will have for a lifetime. So don't do it for anyone else... do it for herself because she is worth it! (i have faith in her, ldebi)