Westminster College-New Wilmington Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Westminster College-New Wilmington

julianna

In my opinion Westminster College -New Wilmington is a very nice and small school. The people are very nice and will hold open doors for you, The Professors are very willing to help you in anyway they possibly can. They would like to see you succeed. Everyone on campus is super nice and very helping if you ever need anything. The health center is always there if you ever need anything they are amazing in there. Overall a very nice campus and would recommend to anyone.

makenzie

Im glad I decided to attend school here, I love it. The people are amazing and always nice, we hold doors for eachother. The food at time's is not the greatest but the pizza down the block is amazing. Its a very small town which I love and only a short distance from larger towns, its also only about 2hrs to pitsburgh.

Westminster is a very beautiful campus. The students are so kind and always willing to help. The professors know you by your name and not some number, and they are easy to approach and willing to answer any questions that you may have. There are also so many different organizations on campus, so there is no way that you could ever be bored on campus. No matter what, there is always someone on campus that you can talk to whether it be a faculty member or a student.

Alexis

I truly love Westminster because of the professors and their passion for their students. Every class I have taken as an English major is thought provoking and gives you great pride in the campus. Greek life is something that really makes it hard to go to school here, but I have found things to replace that hole in my college life.

Westminster is a midlevel college located in a rural community. The campus is beautiful and very easy to get around. I am currently a first year student. I have find myself often wishing the college community was more populated. There is not much diversity. I do not feel challenged accademically. For the high price of attending this private college, I would think I would be gaining a higher level of education. There are plenty of activities to get involved in on campus, however most students travel at least 20 miles to find shopping and food choices as the food available to students is subpar. I am comfortable with the housing that is available and I always feel safe.

Alina

Westminster is the perfect school if you want the classic small college experience. Between the Greek life, small class sizes, widespread athletic involvement, and the hundreds of activities, it's not hard to be bored in the middle of Amish country.

Glenn

Westminster College is friendly campus where faculty members are easy to approach. The campus is very safe. You could walk around at 2 a.m. with earbuds in your ears (I've done this many times) and no one will will try to mess with you. Westminster College also has a fresh start program for incoming freshman to get them better acquainted with other students and the facilities on campus. Generally, you'll maintain those friendships and make friends with those who share similar majors. If you're a science major, the curriculum will be arduous. However, the science building contains everything that you need to spend long hours in the labs. Overtime, you enjoy the peacefulness of working in the labs. Overall, I enjoy Westminster College.

Devanne

Westminster college is a wonderful place to earn a strong education in your major. The professors are very friendly and helpful. You are not just a number in a seat. It is easy to make friends all throughout your time there. People always hold doors open for each other and greet everyone with a smile. Its called the "Westminster Way". The parties are slow, and not as fun as big universities, but the education you receive definitely makes up for it. You get on the weekends what you make of it. I have always had fun even though the parties are not insane. The food is good, even though you become sick of it, there are many options to choose from everyday. There are many clubs to become involved with on campus. From Vet Society Club, SPARK, SGA, Physics, Karate, and Greek Life, you are sure to find a club that fits you. Overall, Westminster is a great school to become involved, earn a great education, and make new friends.

Madison

Westminister College is in the Pennsylvania borough of New Wilmington, a small quaint town surrounded by Amish country. You will see the Amish and their horse and buggies on a regular basis. It is a very safe place to attend college. I am comfortable there the college itself is like a small town within the town.

MacKenzie

Westminster College is a small town school, and thus has a small amount of students - so if you're looking for a huge school, this isn't the place for you. However, the campus is absolutely beautiful, the class size is wonderfully small, and all my professors know me by name and I'm always welcome in their offices. I love it.

Annalynn

I am planning on attending Westminster College-New Wilmington after high school and it is my dream school. It is very open and the people there are very kind. The campus is extremely beautiful and the athletics programs are very fun to attend. Go, Titans!

It is the best school in the world. The people are so nice, and when we did our tour our tour guide covered everything. I can't wait to attend this college, and meet new people. Also, I am playing volleyball and I met the coach and she is super exciting and a tough coach which is pretty awesome.

Kiana

Very nice, small college/campus in a rural area. The teachers are all very friendly and care about the class and their students. The campus is easy to navigate. They have a variety of on-campus eating with some nice local places to eat nearby within walking distance. The only potential downside is that there is not an option for off-campus housing. The only way to commute is if your parents or guardians live within a certain mile radius of the college. That being said, they do offer apartment style housing on campus.

Courtney

I loved attending Westminster, and can't imagine having gone anywhere else. Though it is small, I find this to be an advantage because professors know your name and are eager to help you. The community of Westminster is incomparable. Greek life is prominent on campus, but no hard feelings are held between greeks/non-greeks. I had friends in all groups. Sports are also prominent. You look left, right, and down before you cross the street (amish horse poop), you hold the door for the people behind you (the Westminster Way), you tell the time by the bell tower, and you're always a Titan.

Rebecca

I am a fan of Westminster College- New Wilmington. I am very involved and am only in a handful of the infinite amount of clubs available on the campus. I love the small class sizes and the fact that the professors know all their student's names. I would recommend this college to many of my friends.