About Wilkes University

Founded in 1933, Wilkes University. is a Private college. Located in Pennsylvania, which is a city setting in Pennsylvania, the campus itself is Urban. The campus is home to 2,561 full time undergraduate students, and 2,991 full time graduate students.

The Wilkes University Academic calendar runs on a Semester basis. In the school year the student to faculty ratio was 14:1. There are 182 full time instructional teachers. Degrees awarded at Wilkes University include: Bachelor's Degree, Masters Degree, Post-master's certificate, Doctor's degree.

Quick Facts

Acceptance Rate75%
Application Deadline
Application Fee40
SAT Range895-1130
ACT Range20-25

Admissions at are considered Less Selective, with ,14% of all applicants being admitted.

In the school year, of the students who applied to the school, only 16 of those who were admitted eventually ended up enrolling.

87% of incoming freshmen are in the top half of their high school class. 53% were in the top quarter, and 25% were in the top tenth. You can apply online.

STUDENT LIFE

We asked, and students answered these important questions about student life at Wilkes University.

“We”re apathetic”
“We know about current events and vote”
“We participate and encourage others to get involved”
“There”s nothing we won”t protest”
“We save it for the classroom”
“Sometimes, but not often”
“There”s usually intelligent conversation to be found”
“All the time, including weekends”
“I”m always terrified”
“I only go out in groups”
“I usually let someone know where I”m going”
“I feel extremely safe”
“We don”t play sports”
“We play recreationally”
“We bought the gear”
“We live for the big game”
“It”s not really our thing”
“Occasinally we gallery crawl”
“There are a variety of opportunities”
“We”re a very artistic group”
“Haven”t met them”
“Available in class”
“They keep regular office hours”
“They”re always available”
“No greek life, but other groups to join”
“There is some involvement, but not a lot”
“Plenty of people join a sorority or fraternity”
“It”s everything. If you”re not greek, you”re a geek”
“We”re not into drinking at all”
“Maybe a little, but it”s not a big thing”
“We only party on weekends”
“There”s some drinking happening every night”
“Never, we”re here to learn”
“There might be people who do”
“People are known to partake on weekends”
“There”s a huge drug scene”
“We”re apathetic”
“We know about current events and vote”
“We participate and encourage others to get involved”
“There”s nothing we won”t protest”
“We save it for the classroom”
“Sometimes, but not often”
“There”s usually intelligent conversation to be found”
“All the time, including weekends”
“I”m always terrified”
“I only go out in groups”
“I usually let someone know where I”m going”
“I feel extremely safe”
“We don”t play sports”
“We play recreationally”
“We bought the gear”
“We live for the big game”
“It”s not really our thing”
“Occasinally we gallery crawl”
“There are a variety of opportunities”
“We”re a very artistic group”
“Haven”t met them”
“Available in class”
“They keep regular office hours”
“They”re always available”
“No greek life, but other groups to join”
“There is some involvement, but not a lot”
“Plenty of people join a sorority or fraternity”
“It”s everything. If you”re not greek, you”re a geek”
“We”re not into drinking at all”
“Maybe a little, but it”s not a big thing”
“We only party on weekends”
“There”s some drinking happening every night”
“Never, we”re here to learn”
“There might be people who do”
“People are known to partake on weekends”
“There”s a huge drug scene”

Wilkes University REVIEWS

Write a review, Enter to win $1,000 Scholarship
  • How would you rate on-campus housing?

43 Students rated on-campus housing 3.8 stars. 26 % gave the school a 5.0.

• How would you rate off-campus housing?

30 Students rated off-campus housing 3.8 stars. 0 % gave the school a 5.0.

• How would you rate campus food?

45 Students rated campus food 3.4 stars. 20 % gave the school a 5.0.

• How would you rate campus facilities?

45 Students rated campus facilities 4.1 stars. 40 % gave the school a 5.0.

• How would you rate class size?

44 Students rated class size 4.6 stars. 66 % gave the school a 5.0.

• How would you rate school activities?

42 Students rated school activities 4 stars. 33 % gave the school a 5.0.

• How would you rate local services?

43 Students rated local services 4.2 stars. 47 % gave the school a 5.0.

• How would you rate academics?

44 Students rated academics 3.8 stars. 27 % gave the school a 5.0.

What's your overall opinion of Wilkes University?

20 Students rated Wilkes University

Kelly

Wilkes University provides excellent education programs. I completed my Master's Degree through Wilkes University and am now working on my Doctoral Degree. The professors are always available to help and are active outside of the classroom. Many of them travel the world helping spread education. Wilkes University prides itself in being a global university. The online courses provide a great discussion platform that allows all of us to share and discuss our ideas even though some of my classmates are in different countries.

The campus is beautiful, especially in the fall. The students are all very kind and willing to help you if you're lost. Along with that the professors really care about how you are doing and always look to help you in any way that they can. Overall I think Wilkes is a great place to get an education.

Madison

The campus is beautiful, most professors are kind. As someone with health issues, I find it hard to reach out and ask for help. There doesn't seem to be much room for not being the best, which is discouraging for average students. I am embarrassed for having failed two classes. The dining hall food usually has a good variety. You are required to take certain classes that don't seem suitable for your major.

Dominique

Wilkes is an amazing school to attend! Personally I know the most about science majors but there are opportunities for other interests as well! one of my high school teachers is a wilkes alum and raves about his time there was a political science major. for the theater and arts majors, we have the Dorothy Dixon Darte center which is all for the performing arts and we recently began expanding and showing work in the Sordoni Art Gallery. There is something for absolutely everyone at Wilkes. another bonus for the science majors is the renovations being done in the Stark Learning Center, which will soon be filled with plenty of brand new science and engineering labs!

Wilkes University FAQS

1. What is the Acceptance Rate at Wilkes University?

The fall 2020 acceptance rate for Wilkes University is 75%. That means, out of _____ applications received in 2020 , _____ students were offered admission. The number of males who applied was _____ vs the number of females which was _____.

2. What should every freshman at your school know before they start?

To focus on school a lot more. With good grades comes good grants and scholarships. From the time you recieve the first semster bill, you come to the relization that college is not cheap. Although you may have known this before, you had no idea. Houses and cars are expensive but college is just as much if not a whole lot more. The expenses are what leave a lot of people without educations, people that have the potential to change the world. Therefore, the one and only piece of advice that I would want to give myself would be that time with books is money for books in the long run.

3. What's unique about your campus?

The best thing about school is the academic things offered. The history program and the integrated media program are awesome.

4. Describe how your school looks to someone who's never seen it.

Wilkes is small with great faculty and a friendly atmosphere.

5. Describe the students at your school.

Very friendly

6. Here's your chance: Say anything about your college!

For my major, Pharmacy, Wilkes has a unique program where you get a guaranteed seat into the professional program after two years of pre-pharmacy. This made Wilkes stand out, because I do not have to excessively compete against my classmates in order to get a spot into my program. I already have the comfort in having a spot, I just have to keep my grades to a sufficient level.

7. What do you brag about most when you tell your friends about your school?

I brag most about the closeness of the campus. Everyone is very friendly and knows almost everyone on campus. I also brag that it is a private university.

8. What's the most frustrating thing about your school?

There is nothing frustrating about my school.

9. What do you consider the worst thing about your school? Why?

The worst thing about my school is...the bugs in the spring time. They are annoying.

10. What kind of person should not attend this school?

Someone who wants the experience of a big school.

11. Describe your favorite campus traditions.

Probably the Pharm program

12. What's the one thing you wish someone had told you about freshman year?

i wish I would have know the awful food they display in the cafeteria. The only days they have amazing food is when we have visitors and future students come to the campus.

13. What kind of person should attend this school?

A person that wants a close environment and friends that they see constantly all around campus. By the end of your 4 years here you'll know just about everyone!

14. What are the most popular student activities/groups?

Sports aren't huge here but they are an option. There's lots of clubs including student government, snowboarding club and even fencing.

Student Body

Student Organizations

Fraternities

Sororities

Housing

of students living on campus

Student Diversity

% American Indian/Alaskan Native
% Asian/Pacific Islander
% Black or African-American
% Hispanic/Latino
% White or Caucasian

TUITION & AID

All students must apply yearly for financial aid. This process starts with the FAFSA. Though financial aid deadlines vary by school, it is a good idea to apply as soon as possible. For the upcoming school year, you can apply as early as October 1 for the FAFSA. Additional school aid will be dependent on the FAFSA results.

97% of students attending Wilkes University receive some sort of financial aid. 40% were awarded federal grants. While 83% received federal loans. Many students do also need to apply for additional private student loans.

Cost Out of State

$33,568

Tuition and fees(Out of state)

$1,500

Books and Supplies

$13,746

Room and Board

48,814

Total On Campus

Actual Cost By Income Level(W/Financial Aid)

Family Income
$26,295
$110K & UP
$30,515

FIND SCHOLARSHIPS

Find your perfect match from over 3 million scholarships!

CAN YOU GET INTO Wilkes University?

Complete your profile to see if this school is a fit for you, and what your chances of admitance are.