Liberty, MO
William Jewell College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend William Jewell College

Carson

I took a visit for football and absolutely loved the place and it felt like home even though I live no where close to the state nor campus and everything was so great about it from the classroom to the rooms and it’s a very nice campus

Timothy

Overall, this school is a good investment, though there are some things that are problematic. It is mandatory to live on campus, which really hurts the budgets of many students since on campus housing is more expensive than off campus housing. The cafeteria services are ok, generally fine, though the hours that they are open are really inconvenient to students, especially on weekends. The professors are almost always available and work hard to make sure you understand, which is easy with the small class sizes. The campus itself is very safe and the campus safety officers work hard to keep it that way.

Julia

It is a small college where almost everyone is in greek life and playing a sport. But it is a really great community, where everyone is willing to help. There are many different types of groups, so you probably won't​ feel out a place. The professors are always trying to help and always try to understand our dificulties.

Bailey

William Jewell College is an exceptional school for driven students who plan on doing anything from rising the corporate ladders of a business to getting their doctorate. The students become extremely close and develop long-lasting relationships since you have to live on campus all our years.

Gavin

William Jewell prides itself on critical thinking. This is something with which the college excels. The academics are rigorous, and the faculty is first rate. There is an incredible greek culture at the school, which retains a small, liberal arts feel. The college provides a great opportunity for athletics, and truly prepares its students for post-undergraduate life. The relationship with Oxford University is also a plus. There are certain headaches associated with the school, like a lack of off-campus housing, tuition costs, and outdated facilities, but the positives far outweigh the negatives.

William Jewell is a fantastic school. It is more difficult for transfer students to fit in than it is coming in as a freshman. The campus is super small, which is actually a great thing, especially in the crazy Missouri weather. The faculty/student ratio is 16-1 and most of my class sizes are smaller than that, making it easy to access your professors and other students for questions. The academics are above average - they are super difficult but so worth it in the long run. You will gain a lot academically and real world experience wise attending Jewell.

Allison

I would tell my high school self to spend that last year to strengthen my friendships. College has made me miss my closest high school friends and wish that my relationships with my family members were stronger. Having an anchor at home can really come in handy but my senior year, I was focused on the future. I decided to stay in alone or spend my time planning, studying, or working to be prepared for college but in retrospect I would rather have been a little crazy and made more memories with the people who I do not get to see every day. My days with them now are always limited to being on the same breaks and hoping to meet up so I would tell myself to take advantage of the time in high school that I have with those people before everyone's lives went in a different way.

Someone open to new experiences and meeting new people with vibrant personalities. To attend this school, a student has to be very dedicated to their studies but still has to make time to socialize and be a part of all of the events. Time-management is required!

I probably brag most about the campus. The different buildings, especially the PLC where all of the students study. The campus is gorgeous but I also like to tell them how hard students have to work. The CTI courses are no joke.

Very small mob of many alike traveling on a hellish incline to substantial debt.

If I could go back and talk to my senior self I would reassure her that the tough times will end. I would also tell her to stress less by being more organized and to make the main focus about her success, and to not stress herself out over others accomplishments. Socially, I would encourage her to be more willing to make friends of all ages and to express to younger students that the teachers they may hate now are the ones they will miss the most. When graduating I would tell her to not get scared but to embrace another chapter of her life, and these goodbyes are not permantent. Mainly, to be open to new friends and new expirences.

The most frusturating thing about my school is the style of 'organization' and lack of action people take when problems are brought about.

Katelyn

If i could go back in time and talk to the senior version of myself, I would tell her to get involved in the community. The more organizations that you are involved in, the more experiences you have to draw from when it comes to job interviews or scholarship applications. A lot of organizations have their own scholarships, and some organizations even give out scholarships for how involved you are in the community. It is important to get out and build relationships that can help you down the line. Create bonds with your teachers and peers because you never know when you will need someone to lean on for help. Most importantly, enjoy the time you have left being a kid because the real world is a scary place. Have fun, enjoy life, and build bonds that will last forever!

The best thing about William Jewell is having a one-on-one connection with the professors. If you ever need something, the staff is willing and ready to help you. I know that i am getting a great education by going to William Jewell because my professors focus more on what is learned rather than the grades you get. The connections that the school has in the community allows Jewell students to gain real-world experience that they may not have the opportunity to do at another school.

The type of person that should attend William Jewell is someone who is serious about the education they are receiving. Jewell is not the place to be if someone is looking for a good party school. Most of the students at Jewell are very serious about education and making a future for themselves. If you want to attend a school that will take you places, Jewell is the place to be.

Caleb

I would tell myself to be humble, become more informed about information that affects me, to pay more attention to detail, to create a plan and think more about what I want to do in the future, and be more social. I would tell myself to be aware and know that not everyone has your best interest at heart, to build MY brand, to learn how to listen and navigate through what people are saying, and never stop trusting and believing God. I feel as if I have learned ALOT since I have graduated from high school and I am truly great for everything that I have learned and also the things I am yet to learn. I can be a sponge sometimes but I must guard myself from absorbing things that are harmful to me and trust in my own judgment and more so on the judgment that God gives me. One of the routes to becoming an adult is making your own decisions and setting yourself up to succeed with hardwork, understanding/knowledge/wisdom, creating relationships, creating a plan, and never giving up!

The cafeteria and dining hall at William Jewell College are superb. The food is really good and there is alot of variety for different tastes. The dining hall hours are convenient and available to suit student schedules. I enjoy the small class size as well as it allows for a more personable interaction with professors and instructors.

I person who values learning and does extremely well in the class room. The work load can be hectic but with a proper schedule and time management; you can most definitely succeed. A person who has connections outside of the school and looks to meet new people. A person who is looking for a great education.

William Jewell College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.