York College Pennsylvania Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for York College Pennsylvania

Gelastina

its alright

Hayley

I love YCP. I have made so many memories here and I would not have picked another school if I were to do college all over again. There's lots of clubs and groups to join on campus, and the professors truly care about your success. It's in a great location and I think the class size is perfect.

Amy

I love it here. I think that I have learned a lot since I have been here and have made some strong and important connections with people, friends and professors alike. There is always something going on around campus for everyone. This institution has helped mold me into a well-rounded individual.

Katie

I visited York College twice and loved my time while I was there. I had the opportunity to sit in on classes and I was able to find out about the major I wanted to go into. York is a small sized campus but is really easy to walk around. The athletics building is great as well as the rest of campus. The faculty and admissions are very nice and they are willing to help you with whatever you need.

Thomas

The college has lots of opportunities and amenities around campus. Considering there's an accessible convenience store, gym, and cafes, there's a lot to improve quality of life. The classes are rigorous yet fair, and the professors always have time to answer questions. The campus is scenic, but the winter can be a little rough, especially in some particular dorms. Overall, there are a lot of opportunities but the price, even with financial aid, is a caveat to consider.

Overall they have very good academic programs and there is something that everyone can get involved with. However, campus police need to be more involved in student's safety. Furthermore, I think that money should be put towards fixing on campus housing and less on other non-important things

Meghan

I thought York College was a great place until they refused to listen to the needs of they're students. Know one listens or even tries compromise to student suggestions. I moved into an on campus apartment at the start of my junior year and it was a disaster. It wasn't clean; the toilet water was brown, the first time we took a shower water leaked into the kitchen, and there was mold in the kitchen cabinets. The professors are great and very helpful but sometimes that isn't enough.

Christina

Went here. So glad I have transferred. Students are extremely rude. Not many activities to get involved in. Way too many drinking going on and too much crime. Also, too expensive.

Maura

I absolutely love it! I personally think it's a great fit for me because it is not too big but not too small. I went to a private catholic all-girls high school and graduated with 74 other girls so it may seem big to me but then again I don't know the meaning of big! I thought it was very easy for me to fit in and feel welcomed. That also has a lot to do with the students and the faculty who made it their mission to make the freshman feel welcome and at home. I've already met some of my best friends and I wouldn't give that up for the world. I can't imagine going to another school and I can safely say this is the one summer where I looked forward to going back school.

Kyle

I really enjoy the atmosphere that the school entails and how the students treat one another. The academic programs are fantastic and each professor seems like they know exactly what content they should cover. Outside of the classroom, there are many organizations to get involved with.

York College of Pennsylvania is a diverse institution that always puts their students and their education first. The professors always ensure that their students are doing well inside and outside of the classroom and try their very best to create a schedule that works best for office hours and help for struggling students. The administration hosts events often on campus to provide students with fun and engaging activities to take a load off from studying and homework. The school also does an excellent job of catering to various needs of their students. There have been several occasions where meetings have been held and online polls are created to discuss any issues, concerns, or changes that should be on campus. Weeks later, the school successfully changes or fixes what is needed. When it comes to dining options, York is very open to providing new and various options as well as options for those who are vegan or vegetarian. The school also has classes once a month that teaches students how to cook certain foods and deserts. As for the diversity on campus, there are several students from different backgrounds and ethnicities on campus, myself included as an African American, and the school does an excellent job with making these students feel very welcomed. There are different events and even special cuisine nights in the dining hall that celebrates various cultures. Campus transportation is very good as well. There are over ten campus shuttles that are always arriving on time to safely get students around campus. The school is also featured on an app called NextBus that allows students to see where and how far the shuttle is.

Nathan

Worst school ever! As a transfer student, I would never pick this school again. The professors in the business department are trash and only want a paycheck. Even one on one, they cannot help you because they are unqualified. The food and security are also terrible. As for housing, they don't even have air conditioning!

Lynn

York College of Pennsylvania is a wonderful college with instructors who care about you and your success in class.

Andrey

A good small liberal arts school.

Shae

I love it here. I am going to be a sophomore here at York College in the fall. I have made countless memories with some of the craziest and most amazing people I have ever met. If you are bored at York College, it's because you are a boring person. Don't be afraid to try something new or go explore! I can't wait to go back. I never thought I would want to go back to school. College is way different than high school!

Madelyn

York College of Pennsylvania is a great college if you like small class sizes and one on one relationships with classmates and professors. I enjoy the small class sizes so I can have a personal relationship with my professors and make new friends. The school is constantly changing the curriculum to benefit students and the professors almost always have office hours for students to get extra help. Some of the buildings need to be updated, the heating and cooling systems are always set to the wrong temperatures, and there are some off campus crimes, but over all it is a wonderful school with extraordinary students and staff.

Jada

I was born and raised in York, so I was always close to the campus. Going to the school and being there is another story. The campus is too big that you lose your bearings, and people are always nearby to help you with anything, not just directions. Professors are overall helpful, but there are a few who could take some courtesy classes. The way sexual violence is handled isn't the best, and that's probably my biggest issue with York College. I personally feel there is more to do to make the victim feel safer, and to help the victim in continuing their education and getting their degree. That issue, however, is a national crisis and not limited to York College of Pennsylvania.

Alicia

York College was my first choice in school. It was a beautiful campus, very clean and filled with friendly faces. My opinion on this school quickly changed. The housing options for freshman and sophomores are extremely poor and under-kept. Maybe two housing buildings max have AC. To live 'off campus' you have to apply and it is an excruciating, elaborate ordeal by the school because they just want you housing money. Basically, you should plan to live on campus unless you're within the required miles to be considered a 'commuter'. Campus safety does nothing - except give parking tickets for invalid reasons. The campus is not secure and the surrounding area is to be frank, extremely dangerous and unsettling. Freshman cannot park on campus. To park on campus after that year is some $80/year. The bookstore sells almost all 'York College Edition' books, meaning they personalize their books (which could literally mean a change in 1 sentence) to make all of the students required to buy those textbooks for an absurd about of money. There are limited food options besides the dining hall on campus. There are 2 cafes (both not open on weekends or late during the week) and one 'Sparts Den' which is like a knock off Chipotle. The library is also only open till midnight. There are no '24 hour' locations anywhere on campus for any sort of need. There are little to no options for off campus activities, except drink 5 cent beers in a dirty frat basement. The surrounding area is dangerous, lacks activities and 'healthy' or good grocery stores. The only place to grocery shop is basically Walmart. All in all, the school just wants your money and is extremely inflexible to students in every way possible. I would not recommend this school to anyone.

Jenna

York College is a beautiful, warm, and friendly campus year-round with something for everyone. Not only do scholars, like myself, go above and beyond to excel at our school work, but we include all of our peers. There is an endless number of events, clubs, and lectures each week; something for everyone to partake in. York City is basically the backyard of the college, offering a safe atmosphere for students to relieve stress by checking out Central Market or shopping in Downtown York City. Commuters, like myself, are never left out. There is a week solely devoted to commuters, offering the best free tater tots around. We are quick to scoop those yummy tots right up and into our hungry college student tummies!

Kyle

York College is a solid place to be as a student. The small class sizes allow students to be able to participate in class and build a relationship with the different professors. With these relationships, York College students have been able and are "forced" to partake in different internship opportunities to gain experience and build on skills. Facilities, On-Campus Housing and Food on campus are ok. Just like every school, it has it's positives and negatives. On the downside, off-campus housing is ridiculously hard to get as the school allows very few students to leave. Other than that, York College is a very good school that is affordable and overall a good environment for students to thrive in.

Mya

It’s a small campus which is a good thing and the people there take pride in academics and current events. The professors are always available and there are services if you need help such as tutoring, career development and academic advising. The school is like a small little and helpful community that welcomes everyone.

Travis

York College provided and excellent education as well as social college experience. I was a therapeutic recreation major, and the professors were always available to answer questions and provide assistance. There were an abundance of extra-curricular activities available to students to become involved in throughout the year. I was not part of Greek life, but had a number of friends in fraternities and sororities, and they seemed to really enjoy the experience. The food in the dining room was adequate, but was not anything special. The on campus apartments were well laid out and made for an enjoyable living experience. The off campus housing was very hit or miss. In some cases in was perfectly fine, however the farther you went from the school the worse the housing became. The on campus facilities were very nice and I used them frequently. York recently built a beautiful new sports complex for the students to use. Overall I would say York was an excellent place to attend school.

York College overall is a very nice smaller sized school. When you step on to campus it's not overwhelming with a ton of buildings. The class sizes are smaller so you are able to get that one on one help from the professors which is always a plus! There is always an event going on whether it is sports, clubs, or an art exhibit. We don't have a football team but it's honestly a good thing in my opinion because all of our sports teams get love and support. The only downside are some academic programs think they are above others and sometimes the professors show that.

York College of Pennsylvania is a small, private college in eastern Pennsylvania. While small, the college does provide a variety of opportunities for academic and social advancement. The college works to see that with a small effort in part of the students, they will find a club or an organization to become an active part of. Their housing and dining services have much to improve upon.

Andrew

York College of Pennsylvania is an amazing college and I am so glad that I chose it. The institution had developed me into the young professional that I am today, and without YCP I would not be in the position that I am today with all the opportunities that have been made available to me.

Nikki

While attending York College of Pennsylvania my excitement for going there changed. I was super excited when I was accepted, and ready to go. But when I got to campus for semester to begin my perception changed a lot. The campus is small, there aren't many opportunities to network with other students or professors outside of class. Even in class the students are snobbish and standoffish. The professors were hard to read and quite a few of them seemed to not be interested in their position with the school. They were hard to connect with outside of class for extra help or attention, and when class was over they would leave promptly. The tuition is overpriced for the quality of life and level of assistance you receive. The campus is located on the Southern end of the city, but 2 streets away from the campus there is a very high crime rate and multiple shootings a week. Most of the crime centered around York City is drug or gang related, but there have been innocent bystanders affected during these shootings and stabbings. I will not leave the campus alone, and I would not leave the campus at nighttime at all. On campus during the day feels safe and calm. I went to this school for 1 semester and transferred to another institute based on the value of the money I was spending on a semester's tution, and the other issues I've mentioned above.

Amy

I enjoy my classes very much and I love my professors. However, some of the classes they require you to take are not relevant at all and if you are having financial aid and tuition issues you are better off trying to figure them out on your own they are no help. Also the dean never replies to like any concerns.

Overall,I love York College of Pennsylvania. I feel that academically, the class size is perfect, and most professors are very helpful. There are many opportunities for students on campus to succeed, and opportunities provided for students to branch out and do various activities.

Taijay

I applied to York early in my Senior Year of high school. I was accepted in but I didn't know much about the school. After going to "Accepted Students Day," I fell in love with the faculty. The faculty was very friendly and interactive, which made me feel at ease in a new environment. Overall, the school has high-level academic programs and professors that can help every student succeed in the classroom. The college has a plethora of activities to get involved in and to create your own college adventurous and enticing college experience! "YCP" is a school that should be on every student's radar!

Mya

I like how they have lots of activities available to on campus students and commuters. The academics of York College is good because they have a set course catalog and make it easy to find out what more classes you need to take in order to graduate.

Jasmine

My overall experience with York College has been great. I knew as soon as I stepped out of the car to visit York that I wanted to go there. Being a junior now, I can say that I have not been disappointed with my choice. Throughout my years at York I have joined a sorority, became the treasurer of the Hillel, have maintained a radio show on the school station, and became a resident assistant. I have had professors who have sat me down and talked to me about my goals for the future and how we can go about finding me classes and internships to get me to those goals. The professors want to see you live your dreams and will do whatever they can to help you. Becoming a resident assistant, I learned how to not only take care of myself but also learned to handle a whole building of people. They taught me how to be accountable and used me as their resource around campus. Coming to York also made me want to learn more about my religion. I was able to speak with the president herself and she got me in contact with the local temple and Rabbi. I was able to celebrate my holidays surrounded by people like me. I later found the Hillel where I met more Jewish people and became the treasurer. Our group was even able to team up with other Hillel groups from other schools and planned a Birthright trip to Israel. Four students including me, were able to go. It was a rewarding opportunity that might not have been possible without York. York has given me so much more than a great education. I have made lasting friendships as well as connections with professors and advisors. I have learned life skills that I will take with me out of college. York is preparing me for my future, and I am so thankful I chose to come here.

Alberto

My overall opinion of York College Pennsylvania is a great experience due to the fact they have helped me out as a first generation student, given me positions in clubs, and have allowed me to speak at open houses. I am very grateful for York College on giving me great resources and make big plans for the future.

Amber

I enjoy York for many reasons. The size is perfect for me, there aren't too many people. The location is nice because although we are near a city, we are in the country too, which is something that I like because it isn't super chaotic around the city. I also like my cross country and track program here as well.

Brianna

Overall the school is nice. The culture is there, one just has to find there place at York. York has many exciting events. There are many opportunities that are opened. The faculty are very kind and caring towards the students. You can even be friends with the faculty. Professors are very welcoming and are willing to help with anything. The students here are friendly. They welcome you with welcoming arms.

Avery

I love York College! I have learned so much in such a short period of time! I made the Dean's list and became more social. I hope and pray to be able to continue with my studies. It is expensive. I am continuing to work at a local grocery store and in my landscaper position as I attend. I have met so many people of different cultures that I finally feel at home in York!

Ilyse

I think that York is a great school, we are very spirited and everyone gets along very well. The professors are understanding and great at what they do, the class sizes are small but this only ensures that you get more out of your education and connect with your professors. I am a first-semester freshman and they made the transition seamless between high school and college.

Danielle

I am a current freshman at York College of Pennsylvania and am somewhat enjoying my experience. I am still trying to find a few friends but overall the experience has been alright. I love my dorm and independence of college. However the food is alright, the people aren't the best and the weekends are very boring on campus.

Brianna

It is a really good school, professors are nice and very helpful. They offer a lot of tutoring, counseling, and health services. I am glad with my decision to attend this school. I do wish there were better extracurricular activities, but overall they have a wide range of things to do.

julian

York college is a great schools that offers you tons of on and off school opportunities. From day one is our matter and you will get to know that as soon as you step on we will welcome you with comfort and hospitality, we make sure you are always active when you are not studying. While we take our academics very serious we also allow students to have fun in ways that is safe but enjoyable. In my opinion York college is a fit for anyone and whenever you get the chance to come visit or apply don't hesitate because you won't regret it.

Aimee

I love York College of Pennsylvania. I believe it was the best choice school for me because I like the campus area, I love the education department which is what I am at school for and the class sizes are perfect to have a personal connection with your professors and the students in your classes.

Vincent

I am attending York in the Fall and I am extremely excited. It is the perfect fit for me. I visited for an overnight in the Fall and fell in love with the students, class sizes, campus, location and overall feel of the college. The Business School is amazing and has a stock exchange simulation which was really neat to see. Overall York is a great fit for me! Go Spartans!

Delena

It is a good school, but know that on the weekends there is not much to do. On the weekends most people go home or party on Jackson St.. There is not much to do on-campus or off-campus in walking distance, unless you have a car. Campus activity board (CAB) also does not really have anything to do on the weekend, so you'll be bored unless you party.