Miami, FL
AI Miami International University of Art and Design

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend AI Miami International University of Art and Design

Clifford

Keep school , organize your time, and stay on track.

Keep school , organize your time, and stay on track.

Stay focused on your schoolwork, don't get caught up in the crazy life of Miami, because of the school system, if you fall behind, it is really hard to catch back up.

Lazy people, people not sure what they want to do, non-goal oriented or non-career oriented people

Kelly

An art school that promotes and helps expand the creativity of all its students.

I would tell myself to learn another language, being bilingual would be a huge asset. I would also tell myself to become more invovled with school activities and other activities in the community. Study more but play hard. Read more, watch TV less. Visit more museums. Become more cultured, it helps. Most importantly, do what makes you happy, don't be concerned with the money aspect of the job, find something that you could happily do for the rest of your life and don't be afraid to just go for it! Life is too short to worry about the little things.

Its a diverse, multi-cultutral university with an incredible fashion program, wonderful networking opportunites and career opportunities.

Jonathan

The things I would tell myself in the past is to focus and work harder. Everything your teachers have been telling you up until now was not a lie. Mrs. Mendez in the 5th grade was only trying to make you realize that you can really become anything you want to as ong as you put forth the effort. The work load and deadlines are just as they portrayed them, in abundance and with no exceptions. Knowledge is half the battle, and we have almost won now go and and win the war...

Lydia

I would simply tell myself to take advantage of all resources: people (other students and teachers), literature, and activities. No one can make it through life without assistance in some way from others. Opening up to the people I was surrounded by at such a vulnerable age would have given me a broadened view of opportunities down the road. There is no need to be "clicky" in high school, hanging out with only one group of people. Being in a "click" limits the opportunities and open-mindedness of an individual. Getting advice from teachers and asking more questions would have been helpful - knowledge is power. Reading and studying more, not just for the good grades, but for the information and how to apply it to my own life would have been helpful as well. Taking in information from assigned books and movies, maybe not knowing how to use it then , but being open to what it could mean in the future would have been helpful for future experiences. Lastly, interaction with others outside of the classroom. Social skills are important personally because they teach us about ourselves; things we like and dislike, and how to change those things.

Location and space available to students is limited. The building is shared by another University so the space goes up instead of out which makes for little outside space as well. The school is quite close to everything but the size and space of the building is limited.

If a person is not creative or lacks the desire to be creative, he or she should not attend this school. Upon entering the school, one can see the artistic and creative side of the students and faculty immediately which is extremely inspiring. One must have a creative side or an edge where being creative could flourish. Independence and confidence are also apart of being a successful student at this school, because risk is involved in being creative. One will find his or herself putting all of his or her ideas out for all to see.

Sophia

If I could go back in time, I'd be a very rich woman! There are definitely more than a few things I'd tell myself now that I know what difficult decisions lie ahead. The first thing I would say is apply to more schools!! I strongly believe I limited myself just by thinking negatively and not applying to all the schools I wanted, just the ones I thought I could make it to. Another thing is be more involved in extra curricular activities that pertain to your field in high school. This will not only be fun, but it will tell you whether or not this is really where you see yourself in 5 years. I had the experience of having to change majors in college and it can be confusing and sometimes even depressing. I felt I didn't know what I wanted at all! I would also tell myself that in Art school, you cant study the minimum and get away with it, so I'd need to better my study habits in order to succeed. Finally, Student loans are not the scariest things in the world, not graduating is worse, SO GET OVER IT!

Before going to AI in miami i had gone to a school in northern florida. I tend to compare the two at times. This school lacks a sense of community because it is in the middle of downtown and the building itself is still under construction. They have only one building for dorms, which is over crowded, and there is just no college atmosphere. There are also very few clubs and organizations to build that sense of community and to make students want to stay on campus rather than go home as soon as class is over,

When I talk about my school i tel them about how much fun it is having the experience of hands on learning which is important for the fashion design field. The teachers are experts in the industry and having them there to give you advice is great. I also tell them about the amazing career services department,. It was through them that i was able to find my partime job at Nordstrom which is a great company in the field of fashion and retail.

Nicholas

I would give myself the advice to do what you love. I spent over two years at another university doing economics which i hated. I didn't have the confidence in myself back in high school to do film. I decided to take the safe route and do business. Film was where i needed to be from the beginning, and i would have told myself as a high school senior to take the chance, and do something your passionate about.

The person who should attend AI has to be very creative. Since it is an art school, everyone is in a creative mindset. Some one also needs to be very open, because the school and Miami in general has many cultures. You have to work your hardest on your work, because the school and the programs are very competitive.

I get taught by professionals who have been in the film production field, and have done movies.

Christy

Ai provides opportunities for students to unleash their inner artist, whether it be with fashion, photography, film, design, anything; this school is a fundamental key in understanding the basics about the business side of an art, and a creative side; no matter the case, Ai will always put art before anything technical so it's students are not discouraged from pursuing a career with art. Ai is just brilliant in the way they take an art, and help the student find a career after graduating. "A job is something you do, a career should be something you love."

Christy, put a stop to the procrastinating and worrying about trivial personal dillemas that won't effect you in the long run. Take a look at the big picture, you should be making straight A's, applying for scholarships for art school. You understand how expensive it is, so get with the picture. In a few months you'll be worrying about money to simply pay for gas. Pick up the pace, you need to understand how vital money is in this economy. School isn't free. Of course it's worth the money that you would pay in the end, yes, but what if you didn't have to worry about money?! Honestly, Christy, free money could be the huge difference in your career. With a scholarship you could buy the camera you've always wanted to help pursue your photography career. Dedicate yourself more! Stop lollygagging, you'll regret it. I promise you will. Please pick up the pace, for yourself, you're going to need a break from worrying about money. Keep your head up high and your GPA even higher, corny, I know. But really. Be happy and be smart. Much love, Yourself

This school is definitely for everyone. No matter the case, everyone has an artistic or creative side to them that they have yet to explore. This school provides many opportunities to discover hidden talents about a person.

Pia

My classmates are funny and entertaining. They are very different from other people you will meet in this world. At times they are quiet and work hard and love what they are studying.

If i could go back in time and talk to yourself i would tell mysef to work hard and look for more scholarship.Also to not lounge around and wait too late to everything. Should get all the classes i need and stop playing around. Do good on my tests and quizs also homework.

Creative and funny and vry different people

Alexandra

My school is best known for artistic students.

My school is best known for artistic students.

I would work harder in school. I would've spent more time focusing on my school work and become an overachiever. I also would have attended all of the sporting events since I don't have any in my college.

I wish I would have known that our school didn't have any sports or a gym or anything recreational.

Maria

First of all that education is key, when your young sometimes you take education for granted, your mind is on other things or you really haven't found your passion. But as hard as it may seem is so much better in the long run to have it, if it's your passion your still seeking, I'm all for seraching for that spark thats clicks between you and the professional you want to be, so my advice would be to go after it and once you have it, don't waste your time, get you education going. College will not be easy, it is alot of hard work but being able to complete it will not only make you feel like a winner but its what's going to separte you from the rest.

It is one of the best fashion schools in the country.

You can only take classes from 8am to 12pm, 1pm to 5pm, and 6pm to 10pm. Not much option!

AI Miami International University of Art and Design administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.