Anchorage, AK
Alaska Pacific University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Alaska Pacific University

vicky

I love APU's philosophy, overall atmosphere, and community. It is a wonderful school to go to and anyone that goes here will grow and develop as a person and student.

Ian

I had very intense romantic relationships with a few of them, so my views are too subjective.

The fact that the word 'internship' was never even mentioned.

Cheyenne

Don't slack on scholarships and do NOT be afraid of college. It's easier than you think and very fun. A majority of people there are going through the same thing as you and don't mind going through it with you. Everyone is supportive and are open to help you. Don't be afraid to put yourself out there and join clubs because it wil be the time of your life. Get involved and be yourself, and apply for those scholarships!

College is not that hard. Teachers are not mean and stereotypical, they actually help you be successful in life.

I think this school is very open to everone. The student body is very diverse and open-minded. I suppose if you are a close-minded, negative person you should go somewhere else because this school is not like that at all.

Cordella

Rural Alaska Native and adult distance education. The outdoors studies is well known in Alaska's vast wilderness nature and the ski team is well known in the outdoor winter sports activities. The classes are small enough for one on one assistance if needed.

I would start my college General University Requirements right out of high school. You don't want to start at the age of 40 years old because it will set you back on starting a career. There are many opportunities out in the world and having your college education right out of high school is the best choice you can ever make! Four years out of your young adult life is worth it to get your education NOW! Don't start college later in life and stunt your foundation for your future! Going to college is setting a foundation for your long future ahead. It is difficult to go to college later in life because you have so much other things to worry about. It is easier to begin college right after high school. In today's society, having a college degree is very important in good paying jobs. Give yourself a head start by enrolling into 1-2 classes then you will not want to stop your education until you are done. You will have a long but, easier journey in your career, if you get your college degree right out of high school. There is no going backwards!

Hillary

Alaska Pacific University is more of an experience than strictly a university.

Alaska Pacific University is more of an experience than strictly a university.

If I could go back in time and give my high school self advice, I would advise myself to dedicate more time to making good grades then so that I could get a full scholarship, allowing me to spend more time worrying only about my grades now rather than the financial aspects of attaining an undergraduate degree.

I don't believe there is a type of person who shouldn't attend Alaska Pacific University. APU challenges everyone, not only academically, but also in life changing ways. I have yet to see a person refuse to or not be capable of rising to the ocassion at this university. The opportunities that APU provides greatly influence students in a personal way that can significantly impact the direction of their lives.

Janice

Alaska Pacific University is: 1. the oldest university in Alaska, 2. a four-year private college, 3. traisning approximately 600 students, 4. on 175 acres, 5. willing to accept transfer credits from other educational institutions, 6. including a significant amount of practicum as part of learning, 7. well-staffed with well-qualified professors, 8. located in a convenient setting in Anchorage, and is prepared to house students in the dorms.

If I were a senior in high school and considering going to college, I would prepare for it by doing several things. First, I would spend some time with a career counselor. I would take some tests and evaluate the results matching up aptitudes with career requirements. Then, I would research several career options based on what I enjoy doing, what kind of talents I have, and what the career counselors suggested. In my research, I would explore what classes would be required, how long it would take to achieve the degree, which colleges or universities offered that career, how much it would cost, and which college had the best rate of graduates finding employment. After I decided which college and career, I would work on the financial reality. How would I afford it and would I need employment to pay for the expense. One of the issues that students face in starting college is a new environment with a host of new faces and social opportunities. It is important to prepare ourselves to relate to the differing values that come with students and instructors. Establishing a positive set of values is imperative before attending college.

I like Alaska Pacific University because it is small, has an outstanding student/teacher ratio, is technologically current, has great teachers, and is on a beautiful campus in Anchorage.

Lacey

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself not to put so much pressure on myself. I would tell myself that there are opportunities everywhere to learn and that most of the important things won't be learned inside of the classroom. I would tell myself to explore my areas of interest and not worry about where or not I was getting credit for it. I would tell myself that college is a great opportunity, but that I should wait a few years to discover what I wanted in learn in college. I would tell myself not to go on other people's time table, but to listen to my own. I would tell myself that things were looking good in the future and that I didn't have to worry about getting there.

Amber

Outgoing, interesdted, dedicted, fun student; the best of the best!

Outgoing, interesdted, dedicted, fun student; the best of the best!

Hey kid, and yes I mean kid. You have so much to see, so much to learn! You are about to embark on an adventure like no other. I know it's hard trying to decided where you want o go, where you can go, but follow your heart! You've known for quite some time now that the mountains have been calling you, follow the call. The wonders of Alaska are awaiting you. Go out, travel around, find out who you are. There is no greater chance for this than being 5,000 miles away from home, with strangers, on a kayaking adventure. It all sounds crazy now, but by the time you finish your first semester, you will be someone new. Not new to you, for you have always knon deep down who you were, but it's time for others to see the real you too. Be safe kid, and listen your heart, the glaciers are calling you, your heart is calling...

Edward

I would tell myself to join the U.S. Marines (which I did) and to stay in until retirement at the ripe old age of 38. I am now 47 and I would have still planned on attending college either during my enlistment or after, which I am doing now. Use the G.I. bill to pay for college minimizing my reliance on student loans.

The small class sizes, evening and online classes for the working student (as myself).

Alaska Pacific University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.