Reading, PA
Alvernia University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Alvernia University

Yousef

Attending college is of great value to me because it has given me three important abilities that give me a sense of motivation and happiness no matter what it is I do whenever I am using one of these abilities. The 1st skill I received from college is critically thinking. This skill is priceless to me because it gives me a dynamic path of thought to answer and make decisions based on various types of questions or situations. Arithmetic reasoning is the 2nd skill that college has given me and with this capability I am able to experience and/or perceive a natural phenomena and than model that circumstance by using mathematics and conceptual knowledge to answer questions and pioneer new ideas. The final gift that college has awarded me with is a dynamic, clear, and efficient way of communication. This invaluable ability gives me a means to express my ideas and systems of ideas to others so that those thoughts are comprehensible and require the least amount of time I need to convey my thoughts to people. No matter how I attain a drive or joy, it will come from one of these abilities that college gave to me.

Kiara

Most of my classmates are dedicated and come to class to obtain information that will be helpful in their future careers.

My school is well- known for its religious affiliation and history as a university.

What I have gotten from attending my college is exactly what I came to receive. I came to this university to obtain a degree in forensics and nursing and in a university that will set me up with the right tools to successfully become a nurse in a criminal related setting. My university has a great nursing and forensic science program and I feel like it is an honor to attend this university because the professors at my college are the cream of the crop in educating in these specific fields.

Jen

Alvernia is a Catholic affiliated private school that gives students the opportunity to have personal interactions with professors and administration.

In just my first year at Alvernia, I can say that the President of the University and Vice President of Student Life know me by name. Through my meetings with different administration I have been able to attend meetings as a student to give imput on how to make the University better. Through one of my courses, and interactions with professors, I truly discovered my passions and changed my major. Now I can say I have goals and dreams for after graduation. Through discussions and campus events I have been exposed to the knowledge of injustices in the world and organizations trying to make the world a better place. I have met people traveling the world to inform others of world issues and how they can help. Alvernia has been such a gift to me, and I look forward to the next three years.

Anyone who wants to be known, stand out, make strong connects in the community, and be in a faith enviornment should attend Alvernia.

Brendon

My school is known for its outstanding faculity and devotion to the Franciscan values in our daily lives. Alvernia strives to show us how not just to be great students but also great people. They offer many activites to get us involved in the community and help the greater Reading area.

After experiencing a semester of college life, there are many things I would pass on to my former high school self. One would be to experience more class types in high school, because it helps to have a clear understanding about what path you want to go down. After coming into college as a business major, I quickly realized that was not the path I was destined to go, and could have easily found out by taking a business class in school. I would also tell myself that people you meet in orientation will not be the same people you see come winter break. College changes people, some for the good, and some for the bad. It's important that you recognize who will be there for you come graduation and after and who you will quickly grow to annoy you. Being in college is a great experience that requires work, discipline, time management, and a knack for taking chances and experiencing all that it offers. Go out and join clubs, listening to the speakers, and go to the trips offered, because it is the last great adventure before adulthood.

The worst thing about Alvernia is the overwhelming number of commuting students that can lead to little activities over the weekends.

Chrysan

Small clases,wonderful professors that love the field they are in and they project it onto the students.

I would go to college.especially a college of this size.It is a small college with small classes.They give back to the community in so many ways.The transition is alot easier then if I would of attended a big school that I might have gotten swallowed up by and fell through the cracks,and I prbably would of dropped out,for me this was a good decesion.

Anyone that likes small class sizes an giving back.

Christine

very small so small you can stand in one spot and point to other buildings but thats that good thing about it. small classes so one on one time with teachers

it takes a bout a class or two to get into the swing of things but once you get the hang of it then your good

anyone really this school is for those who need exstra time and those that like to help others

Holly

Alvernia is unique in the way I feel when I am on campus. I feel safe and comfortable while I am there. I also feel that everyone at the school wants to help who ever needs it.

I would tell myself not to change my mind about taking a year between graduating high school and going to college. This decision made me realise just how important it was to go back to school because of the work that was available to people who do not have a college degree. I would also advise myself to be more aware of the resources available to students who are going to college and to take advantage of as many of them as possible.

I have really appreciated the help I have gotten from the staff and teachers of the college. I am very happy to know that there are people who are there for me to ask questions when I need help.

Kimberley

Alvernia is a very reputable school that just opened a campus near home so how could pass up the opportunity.

Whatever college you decide to go to do not give up. If the current college isn't right for you transfer your credits and go somewhere else but make sure you go. Starting over and going back to school as an adult can be done but life would have been a whole lot easier had you finished your schooling when you young. If you are ever unsure about classes or school speak to an advisor or someone that will encourage you. You need a strong support system and positive encouragement. Whatever you do Do not drop out and give up.

The college I chose is a Catholic college. This is a unique compared to the other colleges I have considered. I think that the religious aspect with complete the experience of school and make me a more rounded person.

If I knew that having a degree would have helped me get futher in my career and my life I would have never waited to go. I have worked dead end jobs for the last 12 years. Until recently I thought that I would never have a job that I could and would love to do. Not only does having a degree help with finding a career it helps complete a person. I feel that the knowledge you get in school is not only for your career or job, but it completes another chapter of a person. School does not make into a person that you could or should be, but it helps you become the person that you want to be. If I could go back and talk to my high school self I think I wold tell her that school will complete the person she wants to become.

I wish I would have known how much college helped with having a career. I have been out of high school for 12 years and only finished my associate degree 2 years ago. I believe that finishing college when I was younger would have made the classes much easier. I feel that the years between high school and college is a disadvantage on my part. I feel that I have to relearn the basics for my classes.

Susanna

As a junior in the nursing program I believe that there are two things that I would tell myself as a high school senior. The first is I would have told myself to apply for more scholarships because there is so many available to high school students, therefore I would not have to work so much while still attending college full time. I would have also told myself to work hard and not to procrastinate even if it was my senior year! To remember at least fifty percent of what I have learned in high school to help me transition into college. Opposed to just memorizing the information for a test, and forgetting it the next day. By studying a few days before a test and not procrastinating this way I could carry my knowledge from high school into college and eventually to my workplace.

Someone that is unsure of their major should not go to Alvernia University because a community college would be much more practical. However, if they are considering a major such as nursing, physical therapy or pre-med, they will be able to succeed with hard work.

The campus is small therefore faculty talk to eachother about the students often and they can make pre-judgements of students when having them in their class.

Alvernia University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.