Reading, PA
Alvernia University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Alvernia University

Christine

very small so small you can stand in one spot and point to other buildings but thats that good thing about it. small classes so one on one time with teachers

it takes a bout a class or two to get into the swing of things but once you get the hang of it then your good

anyone really this school is for those who need exstra time and those that like to help others

Holly

Alvernia is unique in the way I feel when I am on campus. I feel safe and comfortable while I am there. I also feel that everyone at the school wants to help who ever needs it.

I would tell myself not to change my mind about taking a year between graduating high school and going to college. This decision made me realise just how important it was to go back to school because of the work that was available to people who do not have a college degree. I would also advise myself to be more aware of the resources available to students who are going to college and to take advantage of as many of them as possible.

I have really appreciated the help I have gotten from the staff and teachers of the college. I am very happy to know that there are people who are there for me to ask questions when I need help.

Kimberley

Alvernia is a very reputable school that just opened a campus near home so how could pass up the opportunity.

Whatever college you decide to go to do not give up. If the current college isn't right for you transfer your credits and go somewhere else but make sure you go. Starting over and going back to school as an adult can be done but life would have been a whole lot easier had you finished your schooling when you young. If you are ever unsure about classes or school speak to an advisor or someone that will encourage you. You need a strong support system and positive encouragement. Whatever you do Do not drop out and give up.

The college I chose is a Catholic college. This is a unique compared to the other colleges I have considered. I think that the religious aspect with complete the experience of school and make me a more rounded person.

If I knew that having a degree would have helped me get futher in my career and my life I would have never waited to go. I have worked dead end jobs for the last 12 years. Until recently I thought that I would never have a job that I could and would love to do. Not only does having a degree help with finding a career it helps complete a person. I feel that the knowledge you get in school is not only for your career or job, but it completes another chapter of a person. School does not make into a person that you could or should be, but it helps you become the person that you want to be. If I could go back and talk to my high school self I think I wold tell her that school will complete the person she wants to become.

I wish I would have known how much college helped with having a career. I have been out of high school for 12 years and only finished my associate degree 2 years ago. I believe that finishing college when I was younger would have made the classes much easier. I feel that the years between high school and college is a disadvantage on my part. I feel that I have to relearn the basics for my classes.

Susanna

As a junior in the nursing program I believe that there are two things that I would tell myself as a high school senior. The first is I would have told myself to apply for more scholarships because there is so many available to high school students, therefore I would not have to work so much while still attending college full time. I would have also told myself to work hard and not to procrastinate even if it was my senior year! To remember at least fifty percent of what I have learned in high school to help me transition into college. Opposed to just memorizing the information for a test, and forgetting it the next day. By studying a few days before a test and not procrastinating this way I could carry my knowledge from high school into college and eventually to my workplace.

Someone that is unsure of their major should not go to Alvernia University because a community college would be much more practical. However, if they are considering a major such as nursing, physical therapy or pre-med, they will be able to succeed with hard work.

The campus is small therefore faculty talk to eachother about the students often and they can make pre-judgements of students when having them in their class.

The schoool is open, friendly, and very accomodating.

The schoool is open, friendly, and very accomodating.

I would tell my high school self to not wait to finish my education. I would also encourage myself to participate in more extracurricular clubs and activities as well as begin looking for scholarshjips and things during high school. It also would have probably been better for me to not attend a vocational school during high school and focused on taking more college prep courses. I would tell myself to go for my goals and don't settle due to not having the financial support of one of her parents.

The campus is local to where I live which enables me to commute. The counselors and advisors are very helpful. They try to answer any questions and return calls with information that they needed to find. I also like the ability to schedule classes around my work schedule and still attend full-time. The campus is very nice and offers many ammenties like exercise classes and a commuter lounge for their older population.

My school is best known for its friendly and welcoming atmosphere. Alvernia University is a very small campus where mostly everyone knows each other. I find this type of environment easier to adapt to because it feels accepting and more like home. Alvernia University is also known for its growth. The school recently became a university and has undergone many changes to better the campus. More majors are now offered and more housing options are now available.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself not to give up. I would sit myself down and explain how important it is to take high school seriously, even if I am a senior. I would tell myself not to listen to those who say making the transition from high school to college is easy. I would clarify that high school classes are nothing like college classes and paying attention to lectures is your best studying technique. Making an error in high school is nothing like making an error in college. You are paying a high price to be in college so failing a course is not even an option. No one at college is there to hold your hand and remind you of your assignments or an upcoming exam. I would explain to myself that college is difficult and is only for those who really want it. There will be many late nights studying and very little free time. My best advice to myself as senior is to push myself harder and realize that I can do it.

In my opinion, the best characteristic of Alvernia University is the size and opportunities. I consider the campus size to be an important aspect because personal attention from the professors encourages me to be successful and make a difference in the classroom. Another great thing about Alvernia University is the opportunities that all of the students experience before graduating. Forty hours of hands-on volunteering is required before graduation. By doing community service, I was able to narrow down what field of nursing I would like to enter after I graduate.

Caitlin

Campus life isn't half bad. It is like living in a giant community of your peers. Some of the professors are helpful and friendly. You make many great friends. You learn to live on your own and be dependant on you. I am a more well rounded person. I have matured, being self-sufficent.

The cafeteria. The variety of food leaves alot to be desired. The food is very bland. I understand they are cooking for many, but be creative.

It is a school that is small enough that you don't get lost. Also, that the teachers know now your name and who you are; That doesn't make you a face and a number, it makes you a person.

Bethany

I would tell myself that I don't need to go to school to be a teacher like my mother wants, that I should just persue the Electronics Engineering Degree that I want. I would tell myself that I need to keep working hard and studying hard, but most importantly, to persue the degree that I know is right for me, and to keep the 3.7 GPA. About the problems that my mother would cause when I decided to change my major and how she then decided to claim me on her taxes so that I couldn't use my own tax information to apply for loans. And that I would have to wait to go back to school until she could no longer do this. I would stand up to my mother, who knows, if I had, I would probably already have my Electronics Engineering Degree. I just want to work hard, earn my degree, and find a good, stable job. I would stress working hard and keeping my GPA up.

Lyudmila

I came to this country from Ukraine 9 years ago. i wonted to go back to the level I was in my country: nurse-midwife. It took time to learn english at first and then start from the beginning. I studied so hard because it was my second language and many words were new to me. I became a RN and started to work in the Labor and Delivery unit. So that was a little bit closer to my dream. to become a midwife in USA i had to accomplish BSN first. Now, I am almost finished my BSN and looking into applying for graduate school at University of PENN. This is a great school, but also very expansive. It would not discourage me, i will continue to proceed with my dreams and do what i need to. So, on that note, my advice to all, do your school when you can, do not let anything to hold you back. It is easier to do it when you are single and can concentrate on your school only. Otherwise, it can take a looooong time. Thank you all. Good luck.

Takes too long and elective classess takes my time.

Alvernia University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.