Alverno College

« See more reviews of Alverno College

Diversity and low stress environment. Small class sizes, there is no grading system eliminating a competitious atmosphere, and the students are a college family of diverse ethnic backgrounds.

The teachers commitment to students at Alverno is absolutely the best quality. They believe the core values and eight abilities which Alverno is based on and show it in their teachings.

That the environment really forces you to learn. I have not forgotten pertinent information at Alverno as compared to other schools and classes I have attended. It just sticks with you.

There truely arent any tests. Instead we use discussion and presentations to show what we have learned throughout the semester. The classes are small and very hands on involved.

That it is all women and that the classes are small. I also like that everyone goes by their first name even the professors so everything is equal among students and staff.

The pesevereance the teachers have for us and the pride and strength we have as students to academically succeed and strive to learn and be better at our profession.

The best thing about Alverno College is instead of grades, they offer abilities and how you validate these in your work. It's a new and great way of learning.

Ability based learning. Having to consistantly demonstate knowledge really helps you internalize information, not just spit it up on a test.

You have the ability to fix your work and make sure you really know the material form class and its application in real life situations.

Small classroom sizes are helpful because there is a lot of interaction between the professor and students.