American University

« See more reviews of American University

AU can be as much or as little as you want it to be. Make the most of your time here, but have fun too. It's all about finding a balance. It's a bit of an exercise in time management.

American University is unique because of its small size and strong community feel. Everyone loves being ranked as one of the top politically active universities in the country.

It has very socially and politically aware students, courses that are high quality but flexible enough that you can study what you want, and great resources in Washington, DC.

I have loved my time at American, and don't regret coming for a second. AU definitely has its deficiencies, as all colleges do, but the pros far outweigh the cons.

American is in many ways a global school. Particularly for those looking to enter the foreign service feld, it is in the middle of The city where the world gathers.

American University is community service oriented, friendly, and extremely focused on reaching out to the oppurtunities the city of Washington, DC has to offer.

it has the advantage of being in a major city (washington d.c.) but the immediate area surrounding the school is suburban so it wasn't a drastic change for me.

Diversity, great International Relations programs, wide variety of study abroad programs, very globally focused, great opportunities for internships

It is very liberal, very inclusive, city adjacent, and closeby to relatives of mine. And it also has a very good Arabic department.

American University is very small and hands on meaning not only classroom experience but real world experience as well.