Arcadia University

« See more reviews of Arcadia University

When choosing the right college, it is important to consider for what reasons the student is attending the school. Those students who see themselves being able to excell in the environment where their study habits can be enhanced, normally succeed. On another note, if a student is undecided of their major, the student should have a general idea of what they want to do in life, otherwise their college education may not be sufficient for them.

If I could go back in time and revisit my senior year, I would have a lot of advice for myself. Firstly, look at a college for the right reasons, not social status. Secondly, I would be more rigorous in applying for college scholarships and grants, every little bit can help the financial burden. Thirdly, I would tell myself not to waste my time on a boy, because I have my whole future ahead of me, and there will be plenty of boys in college.

I would advise students to be very pro-active in the college selection process. Visit numerous schools and be entirely selective. You must make sure the school is both accomodating to your needs as well as a good fit academically. Speak with current students, visit with faculty and staff, and check out the campus facilities. It is important to investigate the college thoroughly to determine whether or not it's the perfect fit for you.

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself that it is alright to fail at something. You shouldn't have such high expectations of yourself that it makes you miserable. It is good to push yourself to always improve, but there are limitations. If you don't always have straight A's, it is okay, as long as you tried your best. Don't compare your work to others. Focus on your own work and beating your own records.

I got the opportunity to study aboard during my jr. year and that was an opportunity that had it not been for Arcadia I would have never been able to do. I was able to attend a University in Australia and I was able to visit and see so many places while i was there. Australia is a place that I maybe never get the opportunity to go back to, so having had the chance to be there for four months was something that I am so greatful for.

Make sure its what the student wants. It may be the parents' money but it's the student's life. Find someplace and a major that interests you. There are so many colleges to choose from so take your time in deciding. Take advantage of orientation and meet as many people as you can. Go out on the weekends. College is supposed to be the best four years of your life, so make the most of it. Take advantage of opportunities.

What I have gotten out of my college experience is that education is an important tthing to have. Education is so important because without it people will not have a future. It has been valuable to attend this college because I have truly learned a lot in these past two years. I am two years away from graduating and I know that by attending this University I am going to earn the degrees I am trying to obtain.

Visit every campus you're interested in, and even ones that are just interested in you. I hadn't even heard of my school until they offered me a scholarship challenge; when I went there to take it, the moment I walked on campus I knew that I could live there. And I've been incredibly, incredibly happy. When you find the right school, it's like being in love: you just KNOW. So make sure you have that feeling.

Choose a college based on a program that you will truly benefit from. You will grow and learn from any experience regardless of whether or not you think it is a good one at the time. Never deny anything because you think you can't do it. College is the best place to realize your capabilities, and the best place for oppurtunities. Never let anything pass you by, and if given the chance, study abroad!!!

Furthering one's education is means to investing in one's future. With college life comes friendships and experiences that can enrich the soles and open the minds of indivuals. It gives a growing young man or women that chance to discover whom they are and whom they aspire to be. College is a must so "just do it" like Nikey, because who could ever say "no" to a nice pair of sneaks.