Sioux Falls, SD

Augustana University

« See more reviews of Augustana University

It's small, student, centered and they really care about you. At Augustana, you definitely don't feel like a number. The professors actually know your name and want you to succeed. There are a lot of on-campus activities, clubs, and organizations, along with many opportunities for students to work on campus.

We are a small Liberal Arts college in the middle of a residential community in the largest city in South Dakota. You get a small town feel with access to city activities, i.e. several movie theaters, over 750 restaurants, a large mall, and close proximity to larger cities in Minnesota, Iowa, and Nebraska.

It is very focused on the family orientation of college. There is a strong encouragement to bond with people and learn from each other. Many other schools just introduce college and then expect you to do your best while Augustana guides you until you are ready to do it by yourself.

We are a small private liberal arts college. I think what makes Augustana better than most colleges, is that we are not just a academics, but about a community as well. Everyone is always willing to help to accomplishing something, and you are never judged for the things you do.

Augustana offered me a fantastic major in Anthropology. The department is very small but offers great opportunities like the chance to study in England at Exeter University.

Augustana lets undergraduate science students work on research projects with the professors. The profs themselves teach the lab courses and small group discussions, too.

We are a private Lutheran college where all the teachers have their Ph.D. so they are more than qualified to teach their area of subject.

This school foucsed on the indvidual and helping them succeed but challening them along the way to help them grow!

The teachers really get involved and are there to help you. They always know your name.

All the faculty and staff seem to care about their students and want people to succeed.