Aurora University Top Questions

Alexis

The best thing about Aurora is how involved they keep all their students. The programs that Aurora keeps their students in is truly amazing. The schools whole focus is to have all their students a job by the time they graduate or even before that. With so may opportunities and involvement with so many other programs in the area. I feel very confident in the program that I am in and the chance of getting a job by the time I am done at Aurora.

Mario

The way the teachers make you feel. Many make you feel as if you are something more than just a number. They dedicate their time and energy to you in a personal manner.

LeeAnn

I consider the Adult Degree Completion program to be the best thing about Aurora University. The program offers an array of degrees for adults returning to school. The classes are at night, which is very convenient for those who have children and/or full time careers. I benefit from this program because I have been able to go to school while working full-time. I may be only 22 years old, but I've been living on my own longer than most people my age and I do not have the luxury to go to school and not work.

Heather

The best thing I would have to say about my school is how the teachers really do want to help you. I was given the opportunity to do something to up my grades if I didn’t do so well on a test, I was able to meet with my teachers during their office hours or we scheduled a time that worked. It really helped me that I could rely on my teachers for help.

Destinie

The best thing about my school is how deverse it is. Aurora University welcomes everyone to come and learn in a safe clean envionment. The teachers and students that attend the school are extremly welcoming and loving to new people. They welcome everyone and anyone with such a big smile. Aurora has amazing programs for students to attend to better themselves in real life situations. One thing that I really love about the school is the classes. When sitting in a class at Aurora University you never have to worry about using it in the future, becuase you will.

Vanessa

The best thing about my school is that it is small and comfortable. All the buildings are conveniently located and are not too far, as in larger state schools. Also, since it is a smaller campus there are smaller class sizes, which I favor because students can receive individual help when needed. Overall, there is not much craziness going on so people can focus on their studies while at the same time enjoying their experience.

Alicia

the support from the teachers and students, the eagerness to learn

liliya

Aurora University offers adult program.

The best thing about Aurora University would be the different sports teams. These sports teams provide a wide range of social activities and places for people to interact. For example, they each have houses or apartments, and it is fun to go watch there games then go relax at there homes to have a different atmosphere surrounding instead of the univeristy for those who miss the taste of home.

Anwar

The best thing about Aurora University is the small student to teacher ratio and the amount of attention that dedicated instructors have the ability to give you.

[GWC Campus} I think the best things are the classes, they are really small but big enough to have discussions. It is better environment for students to learn.

Daniel

The staff and the assortment of classes. I really feel that I will be prepared for my career someday because of the dedication of my professors and the variety of my classes to choose what I wish to learn about.

Raquel

The people I met there including some professors, friends and other students as well.

Diana

I adore the tight knit, visciously loyal theatre group. Everyone in the Perry Players wants to see their peers succeed. There's little to no jelousy or bitterness amongst the actors and all of the stage technicians, managers, and directors get an equal amount of stage time.

Melanie

The best thing about my school is the size. It is a pretty small campus. I think it allows me to get to know everything better. Its kind of like a really small town where everybody knows everybody. I like being able to walk to my classes and see familiar faces every day, and th fact that my walks to class are short ones helps too.

Valerie

The best thing about my college is the helpful faculty. I've never once had any concerns or issues with any of the staff or faculty that I have come in contact with since day one. The staff/ faculty have made my college experience a very rewarding one and I look forward to working with all of them throught my time on this campus.

Kristin

One of the best things about Aurora University is small class sizes. It is a great environment to build acquaintances and friendships, and grasp material because students work and learn so close together. Professors are able to be more one-on-one with students, as well.

Paige

At Aurora University students are in a great learning environment. It is a small campus so the campus life is close knit as well.

Gwendolyn

I believe the best thing about AU is the small class sizes. The professors are personable with their students. It helps students feel more comfortable knowing that the teacher knows there name and their strengths and weaknesses.

Makenzie

The community feeling is the best. It probably has to do with everything being so close and within walking distance. We are in the middle of a neighborhood and it really is its own community. You recognize everyone on campus because you have seen them at one time or another. It feels very safe and somewhere that is extremely livable.

Tevin

Depending on your career your career classes are the best thing about the school

Melissa

The best thing about Aurora University to me is the class sizes. Even though before i had mentioned that even though socially the school can feel small, it is an awesome learning experience having small class sizes. It helps you build relationships with not only the students but with the teachers. I have met many of my friends that i regularly hang out with in classes. I feel at bigger universities you do not get that same experience because of big lecture halls and large class sizes. Because of the

Tammy

I am a graduate student in the Social Work department at Aurora University. I attend class at the George Williams campus in Williams Bay, Wisconsin. For me, one of the best things about this program is its location to my current employer and the fact that I can attend class on a part-time weekend basis. This schedule and location make it possible for me to continue working full-time, which is the only way I can afford to go to school.

Patricia

The best thing about Aurora University is its' size and tight knit enviornment. There are about 2,000 undergraduate students here. I liked this because I knew that when I began attending classes I would get much more one on one attention and really be able get the most out of my education. One of my favorite things about this campus is that everyone knows everyone and as a student you never feel left out or uncomfortable. The smaller atmosphere is really what attracted me to Aurora University.

Jacqueline

The best things about Aurora University are the instructors and the students I have had the pleasure of meeting. My ultimate goal is to receive an "A" in all the courses that I have taken. So far I have managed to succeed with that goal. In my opinion I would not have been able to do that if the education I received was not the best. Everyone has been willing to work with me and help me in anyway possible. I love the experience of attending A.U. and not only improving my education but improving myself as well.

Maria

I think that the best thing about the school I am attending is that it is a small university and I feel more confortable. Also the education that I have got since now has been excellent. Professors treat students as a family as well, and care a lot for our education, grades and help us to get throught the experiencec of college. The staff is also really professional, kind,helpful and respecful and responsible. In general, the university is like a family that cares for every individual.

Aubrey

The best thing about Aurora University is the campus size. It gives students an intimate enivornment to thrive in. Coming from a small high school, I knew a smaller student body would help me interact more effectively with professors and peers.

Jeffery

The best thing that I consider about my school is the student to faculty ratio. Because the classes are typically 15 to 20 students, I am able to have a lot of one on one time with my professors which is beneficial for me. The campus is also small so it's easy to find what I need and get to class.

Marquie

I believe the best thing about Aurora University is its community. The campus is small, but it is not so small that you feel like you haven't left home or are attending "high school all over again" as some students may fear. The size of the campus is perfect for those students who like to feel connected, supported, and have a one-on-one relationship with their professors; because of its small campus size, class sizes are smaller and therefore professors can focus on students as individuals and devote more time to everyone in a more controlled setting.

Dale

I thing the best thing about my school is the small classroom sizes. The class sizes allow us as students to feel comfortable talking to our teachers before and after class if we have questions about anything that we do not understand. This is unlike big colleges where you go to class with 100 plus more students and the teacher sometimes doesn't even know you exist.

Erin

The best thing about Aurora University is the size. Many people think that a small school is not for them but I could not imagine it any other way. There are so many new people to meet and because of the size of the campus you get to know a lot of people very well. It's not uncommon to stop multiple times while walking across the quad to catch up with some good friends. You know people wherever you are so it's never awkward or lonely to go somewhere alone.

Margaret

The best thing about Aurora University is the size of the school. Since the school and class sizes are small the teachers know every student by name. They go out of their way to make sure you suceed in every possible way. The students at the school are very warm and accepting of others. Students go out of their way to make each other feel comfortable in a learning environment. When on campus, there is a sense of community with the students and the faculty.

Aurora is a very diverse campus with a lot of great people. This campus offers free events and special opportunities to the students. Aurora University goes above and beyond to help its students achieve their goals.

Christopher

The best quality about my university is the determanation from all the professors to find ways to expand all the students way of thinking. Expanding someones thinking is more important than assigning a chapter to read, because the chapter only offers information. The information alone does not give reason to way the information is important. The professors at my university help the students analyze why the information is important.

Carolyn

The best thing about Aurora is the class size. The setting is more intimate and less intimidating. You feel as though you're important because the instructors know your name.

Adan

Aurora University is a great school for teaching and learning. The classes are taken very seriously and fast paced in preporation for a future career. Professors are always ready for questions, but they almost never give you a straight answer. They return with another question to make the student answer their own question. Most of the teachers seem to enjoy what they do and try to make us enjoy it as well. A wise teacher once told me that to learn you have to enjoy learning, and to enjoy learning you have to have someone teach you what they enjoy.

Ashleigh

The best thing about my school would have to be the teacher-student connection. The teachers that I have been in classes with were all very helpful if I had any questions. I think it is important that there be a good connection between the student and the teacher to enhance the learning potential. If I ever have any questions, I feel very comfortable speaking to my teachers about them.

The best thing about Aurora University is that there are small-sized classrooms, which allows students to get on a personal level with their professors. This is beneficial because almost every student will have a special circumstance at some point throughout their academic studies, and if you do not know your professor well, and vis versa, they will be less likely to help you out in your time of need. Having smaller classrooms is also helpful when it comes to understanding the material because it gives you the freedom to ask questions in class and receive the needed personal attention.

Erica

I think the best thing about Aurora University is the size of the classrooms. The teacher to student ratio is amazing! The most students I have had in a class I believe was about 23. There is so much more communication and feedback from the teachers, they are available for help or questions, and they work with you on the amount of work for the class.

Tessa

The greatest aspect of Aurora University is the small class sizes and the community that the students and faculty build together while trying to advance themselves in the workplace. It is so easy to fit in at AU and become part of the family. Everyone is so welcoming and helpful. It will give anyone a great start on preparing them for his or her future.

Cassie

All of the classes relate to one another. Everything you learn in one class can somehow be applied to what you're learning in another. All of the teachers know each other and what courses they teach as well, so you can bring up these connections smoothly and they will know what you are talking about. There is also a huge emphasis on the field of education. All of the teachers are also very helpful and understanding, and keep up with students as individuals. The smaller classes allow for a more intimate learning environment as well.

Alise

Everything is small (Campus, dorms, people in the classes) this encourages people to make alot of friends their own age. Because it is a small school, help is often avaliable to students.

Roberta

The best thing about the school is the size. It allows for easy navigation to class if one is late or has to make stops on the way to an on campus job. The size also allows for better learning. Professors are able to answer individual questions and really get to know students on a personal level.

I consider the best thing about my school is it's small campus and the great education that I am getting at this private university. It is convienient to have a small campus, since I live on campus it is nice not having to get up earlier to travel to my classes. The Business classes that I am in are very educational and beneficial for a business job in management that I plan to have after I graduate. I am very pleased with Aurora University overall. I am glad I chose AU!

Lyndsey

I love that our school is a family like community. The professors and staff take the time out to get to know their students. I am a senior this year and I'm still treated the same friendly, caring, warm, welcoming way that I was when I visited the campus as a prospective student. The elementary education program is phenomenal! It's so unique and provides their teacher candidates with so many opportunites and experiences to learn and grow as a teacher! I feel confident in the classroom because I've already been able to teach for two years!

Susan

I like the Business classes they are very interactive and team based, Some of the teachers are more than willing to help you out as far as extra credit to pull your grade up. When given assignments you are told exactly what is needed to receive a good grade. When it comes to Gen Ed classes many of the teachers or at least the ones that I have had are not very eager to help you. I am talking mainly about the part time Math teachers.

Kristen

I would consider the best thing about Aurora University is the class sizes. I really enjoy how there are only about 30 other students in the class and that is the most amount. By having the smaller class sizes I feel like I can really connect with the professor and be able to talk to them whenever I have a question about anything. They are really helpful and the small classroom environment helps make learning the material that much easier.