Ball State University

« See more reviews of Ball State University

Those students interested in doing in-depth research in such fields like chemistry, biology, or astronomy would not be well-suited to attend this school. The majors that are the most popular include education, architecture, business, and communications. If a student interested in attending did want to focus on the natural sciences, then they might find that the research facilities available are not equal to those schools who put more of an emphasis on those majors.

I do not believe there is a type of person that should not come to Ball State. College in general is a place where you have to be self-motivated to achieve graduation. I feel that Ball State is very accepting. They allow people from the community to exercise on campus, eat in the dining halls, and use the library. There are also many student lead groups here that support the student’s culture and invite the different cultures to work together.

Someone who wants to go to a really big school, because Ball State really isn't that big. Most freshman leave after the first year due to expenses. There are a lot of people who go out to party from thursday night through saturday, so there are a lot of drunks. A lot of people don't like how the meal plan works, because there is a set amount of money to be spent for each meal and if you don't spend all of the money, you don't get it back.

Ball State caters to a wide, diverse group of students so in all honesty I believe any person would be accepted and welcomed on this campus. Ball State is really good at making people feel at home . I would recommend this university to any kind of person. There is no reason why someone should not be part of Ball State. It has a little of everything for everyone and really makes you feel part of the Ball State family.

This school is pretty diverse and offers a lot of different programs that meet the needs of students from different backgrounds. I think a student who wants to major in law or maybe pre med could find a more challenging university that would make them stand out more on an application to med school or law school. Other than that I think this school fits the needs of almost every students

Anti-social people should not attend this school. The students and staff at Ball State are wonderfully friendly and outgoing. The whole university is centered around getting involved and meeting friends. If someone were extremely anti-social, he or she may not have the best experience at Ball State University because all the people I have met love to get to know others.

The large GBLT community may take some people by surprise. The campus in general is very liveral, so someone who is very conservative might not feel comfortable. However, I have found that people are open and friendly at BSU, so as long as the person is willing to make friends they would probably be okay.

Any body who wants to go to college this is a good fit. I have some friends who will not be returning for second semester because they do not like the college atmosphere. However, I don't believe that they would like the atmosphere of any other college either. College is simply not for everyone.

Students who are attending college to party and just have a good time instead of getting a college education for their future shouldn't attend Ball State University. Only students who are dedicated to their work and are focused on their future careers and life should plan to attend here.

A person who is craving a big city should not attend this school. Muncie is very small and cannot provide the opportunities that a large city can afford. Ball State does try to accomodate that by bringing in cultural activities such as Broadway shows and dance shows.