Ball State University Top Questions

Why did you decide to go to this school?

Taylor

I decided to go to Ball State because, when I visited, I felt at home. I know it sounds stupid, but when you find the school you're meant to be at, you'll feel it.

Rebekah

I had a few family members go to Ball State University, so I applied for it and one other school. These were some of the few schools in the state offering anything with photography. I never visited Ball State's campus on my own. The first time I visited was for my freshman orientation and I fell in love with the campus. I wouldn't trade this school for anything in the world!

Seth

The main reasons why I decided to go to Ball State University is because of the Communications programs, the location, and the diversity. I am majoring in Organizational Communications and minoring in French. I have heard so many postive things about Ball State and it's Communications programs, so I thought that it would be a really good choice. Also, Ball State is only about an hour and half away from home, so for me, it's not too far away, and not too close either. Also, I looked up the diversity at Ball State, and I absolutely love meeting new and different people.

I chose to go to Ball-State for several reasons. They have an amazing music education program here. I was also accepted into the Honors College that would bring me several nice perks on campus. Muncie also provides Ball-State students with free public transportation around town which is nice since I don't have a car at the moment. And finally, Ball-State also gave me a scholarship for 1/2 tuition for my SAT scores.

Hillary

I decided to go to Ball State after having gone to two other schools in Indiana. I started out at IU Bloomington and soon found myself to be in culture shock due to the new population size and atmosphere (maybe the freedom as well). So I then went to the University of Southern Indiana in Evansville. While USI was a very friendly and welcoming school, it was at least a 4th the size (or less) of IU and I felt as if I were missing out on what was supposed to be the 'real' college experience. At Ball State I found the welcoming atmosphere, where I could take control of my college experience, perfect. It wasn't overbearing and scary, but it wasn't like going to a amped-up high school, it was what I pictured a college to be like. That's why out of all my choices, Ball State was finally the right one.

Veronica

As an English major, I figured I could get a good education almost anywhere, as long as the professors were good and I had the drive. So, to me, the most important things in my University were proximity to my hometown and quality of campus life. The residence life program at BSU is great, and most of the halls are new, recently renovated, or about to be renovated, resulting in well-equipped and handsome living spaces, for the most part. Dining, student recreation services, free campus and city of Muncie transport, free and reduced performances and speakers, and myriad other perks make life on campus easy, fun, and a conducive to a healthy and academically stimulating lifestyle.