Baylor University

« See more reviews of Baylor University

-a lot of people at Baylor are very privileged so if mommy and daddy are not loaded I wouldn't come to Baylor except by scholarship cause it's expensive -the majority of students at Baylor call them selves Christian and attend church however same as any university most don't act like it and the bottle is flowing every weekend

The school does have a lot of higher class students in attendance and you will see cars that cost more than your entire tuition...but it generally isn't a problem. Also, not all Baylor students are perfect Christians. We have our fair share of parties and the problems associated with them.

Sometimes. But if you know where to look, you can definitely find people who don't fit the mold--and those people get along fine at Baylor. Really, Baylor is about like any private institution: there are people who fit the pristine, Christian, "Baylor Image"; and there are people who don't.

Because of the cost of coming to Baylor, I'm sure that this is somewhat true, but I personally have to work very hard to be here. I know a lot of people who are here on scholarships and work very hard to be able to come to Baylor! Not everyone who goes to this school can afford it!

Nope, I've met plenty of people here that are working hard to pay for their education and really trying to make ends meet to get an education @ Baylor. Some are on loans, some do work-study, others have a side job, etc. People from all walks of life with their own story to tell.

No, these stereotypes are not accurate. Some kids here do have to partially, if not fully, pay their way through college and our moms and dads do not freely hand us over money. Not everyone who goes here is Baptist. I'm Catholic and I attend a Baptist university.

The first stereotype is untrue; much of the student body is unapologetically Christian, but they're hardly going to hate you for not being one of them. There is a healthy diversity, and even healthy controversy, in ideas political, religious and aesthetic.

Not at all. I have tons of friends of all races, and more than 80% of students at Baylor receive some sort of finanical aid. There are people at Baylor of all faiths and denominations, and I have meet some of the most deeply Christian people here.

There are people here with money, but not all of them are those who have never had to work for anything in their life. Most people here are genuine. A lot of students do come to Baylor for the christian atmosphere and are very religious.

No these stereotypes are not true. There are, however, rich and snobby students on almost every college campus including Baylor. Baylor is a private school so we take a lot of hits about things like this.