Baylor University

« See more reviews of Baylor University

There's always something going on. Always. You can do as much or as little as you choose. Common Grounds is a great coffee/study place, the SUB is often host to football game parties, there's always a guest speaker or performance in the art/theatre department, etc. There is no reason to ever be bored. I don't really know how else to say it.

I met most of my closest friends in the dorm. We roomed together til the end of my senior year, and I plan on staying in touch with most of them. We played games, watched movies, and went out to dinner. Most nights we would just stay up talking with whoever happened to show up at our house that night.

greek life is awesome. you meet a ton ton ton of people! theta is the best..of course. theres a lot of parites. for those who dont party, lots just hang out watch movies go out to eat go to concerts go to common grounds. you wont be weird if you dont party..youll be accepter either way.

Parties are fun, but there is a lot of drinking. There's nothing else to do in this hell-hole of a town but drink away your sorrows about your chem test that you made a 22 on because the class average was a 25.

The most popular student activities are intramurals. Just about everyone participates in some intramural league at one point or another in there time here at Baylor.

Greek and Christian driven

Whatever you'd like.

Too much to write.

Baylor offers its fair share of students organizations, including groups that support and promote a certain religion, hobby, sport, academic subject, etc. Fraternities and sororities are pretty popular too. Of course there are the typical Greek life stereotypes, but every school has that. For me, the price of joining a sorority is what turned me away. I don't know how it is at other schools, but I'd prefer not to spend $1000 a semester for a few socials and some t-shirts. Our sports teams are admittedly not very good, but the Baylor Line for football and Bear Pit for basketball are fun "school spirit" traditions for students. I'm really not into the whole tradition thing, but you HAVE to rush the field before a home football game with the Baylor Line as a freshman at least once! As far as meeting people, I met all my closest friends through my freshman dorm roommate. We both went potluck for the dorm and ended up becoming best friends, though that seems to be the exception more than the rule. But even if you don't get along with your roommate, you'll meet a ton of people in your classes. Fun things to do in Waco include NOT staying in Waco. There are a couple clubs and bars in town, but most people will drive to Dallas, Austin, or College Station on the weekends (All are within an hour and a half from Waco). Or for the hardcore road-tripper, you can make it to the Oklahoma border in about two and half hours and try your luck at the 18 and up Winstar Casino!

Intramurals are big on campus and are a great way to get to know a variety of people. The football games and the basketball games are always packed! Definately a fun activity to go and enjoy. There are numerous guest speakers, most of which you will find are promoted by word of mouth from your professors. Recently we have had a few famous ones and some truly inspirational theologians and insightful researchers. Late nights are pretty fun. I-Hop is open 24hours and is a tasty 3am treat. College dorm life is typical...drunk people, loud neighbors, curfew violations, community bathrooms, people running naked up and down the halls... you get used to it! Unfortunately for us ladies, the student population is approximately 60% girls - so it makes finding a guy a bit harder. But we definately have some really cute, chivalrous guys around! Sorority life is a huge time commitment, but it is also a lot of fun. We meet a minimum of 4 hours a week and this is my first semester in it. Be prepared to deal with a lot of BS, but also remember that greek life is a great way to get to know people, get scholarships, and branch out into the community.