Baylor University

« See more reviews of Baylor University

Baylor seems to attract a certain type of person, different from what I am used to. Although I love the education I'm receiving, the faculty, staff, and campus, I am often frustrated by the lack of diversity. Baylor also tends to spend money outwardly on ridiculous things such as new flowers every month or watering every patch of grass, even in the winter. Parking is also a frustration, as the demand does not meet the supply.

Being a christian university you have to take religion classes and two semesters of chapel which can cut into your time but this is only a very minor inconveniance and if you schedule your classes right you will find the chapel experience great ,where you can catch some respitefrom the days work. Some peple complain a lot about this but honestly it is not too much of a problem and you can be done with it after 2 semesters.

The amount and extent of rules that are given to undergraduates. Considering we are legally adults and living on your own, I believe they shouldn't put so many rules on the undergraduates because college is about exploring and making mistakes and learning from those mistakes. With all the limits they put on, the students feel trapped in a place thats supposed to be open and help them discover who they are.

The most frustrating thing about Baylor is the restrictions within dorms and through the internet. Residence halls have anywhere from a 7 pm to 12 pm curfew for the opposite sex to leave. Also the university has its own internet students must go through which limits what sites students can visit. Students must also have the university's spyware; anything that the student came in with must be removed.

I dont really feel like there is enough racial diversity. I am African American, and I rarely see people who look like me in my classes. I am also a music major so I barely ever see other African Americans with in my major. I also feel like there is some racial tension at Baylor. I have never witnessed it firsthand, but I've heard from friends that they have been discriminated against in the past.

The most frustrating thing about Baylor University is not knowing what professors expect from you the first time you take a college class. I found myself struggling first semester because I was unaware of what professors expected me to know for my first round of tests. After adjusting to the standards my professors had placed upon me, I was no longer frustrated.

Being able to afford Baylor. It is a great school, but most people here are here on scholarship and sometimes that isn't enough. Fighting with financial aid can be very stressful and I believe that is the last thing a full-time student should have to worry about. We're not all made of money and we do comprehend the cost, but it is a bit overwhleming at times.

I love Baylor, but some of the requirements to graduate seem a bit extreme. Every student must pass a Christian Scriptures and Christian Heritage class. I understand this is a Christian University but students of all religious beliefs attend the school and I do not believe that forcing them to learn about the Christian beliefs to such an extent is necessary.

The most frustrating thing at Baylor University would be the long walks to classes. There is a shuttle provided for students, however, it is not always helpful when in a rush. Moreover, when weather is bad, the walks are miserable. Though the walks to classes are frustrating, it isn’t so bad and throughout the school year they become less wearing.

I don't really think there is anything really fustrating about my school. The workload is a lot but that should be expected, as we are not in high school anymore. If anything, I feel that the only fustrating thing is that even though the campus feels small, it actually really large, meaning large amounts of walking.