Baylor University

« See more reviews of Baylor University

A disappointing thing about Baylor is where it is located... (Waco, tx) and that's not even that bad if you are a person who likes to reach out to the community which Baylor does a lot of. Most people go home on the weekends The things students complain about most is parking, tuition, and visitation hours (hours when guys and girls can be in one another's dorms) Baylor is very traditional sometimes it feels like a cult but you learn to love it, "sic' em" There really is just a great community feeling at Baylor if you are plugged in

Baylor is a great school! There are tons of activities to help the students get involved-both Christian organizations and clubs for each major. Also, Baylor has a great thing called All Univeristy Sing. This is when each fraternity and sorority create a 7 minute broadway type show that is peeformed as a competition against everyone else. The top acts then get to go on and perform again on Homecoming weekend. This is just one example of how the students can get involved, meet new people and have fun!

Baylor is a nice small university. While most classes range in size around 30-50 students, anytime I tell my sister something from my 7-person class, she just gapes. Most people are very friendly and it is quite easy to get involved with activities and find "your group." Waco is definitely centered around the economy of Baylor, but there is really nothing to do in the city. But if you are looking for a college with a lot of pride and a great football team, you might want to search elsewhere.

I love Baylor. It is the perfect size school- large enough to provide a lot of opportunities, but small enough to feel like a community. Baylor has a good reputation nationwide, especially in the church community. Waco may not offer a lot to do off-campus, but Austin and Dallas are not far, and there is alays something happening on-campus. Everyone is so enthusiastic when they first come to Baylor, and, though it wears off, most students continue to love the university.

Honestly, it's hard not to love Baylor. It's a mid-sized school with tons to do, tons of spirit (especially after a heisman winner) and tons of opportunity. It really doesn't matter what major or school you choose while you're here. I know of students developing cures for cancer, and student's starting internet companies from their dorm rooms (yup, just like social network). Please let me know if you have questions! I'd love to answer them!

Class sizes are just right. we have some classes with around 20-30 students which makes it easier to connect with the professors. If i could change one thing i would make chapel optional. when people hear that you go to baylor they look highly of you. there is pretty much nothing to do on the weekend if you are not apart of at least on organization. There is tremendous school pride(even though our football team is not that geat).

Baylor is a great school. It has a great campus with a ton of active groups and activities. It requires freshmen to live on campus, which is an awesome experience. Now it's trying to encourage upperclassmen to live on campus as well. In this regard, new apartment-style living is available as well as a large amount of new "Living-Learning Centers" which allow students to live with others who share their passions.

I actually visited more than 20 schools before I decided to come to Baylor, and I LOVE it here. The campus is beautiful, the professors are friendly, and the students are wonderful. We have a ton of school spirit, BU pride, and great BU traditions here. Waco is really a cool city too. Sure, it's not as big as Dallas or Austin, but it has everything that you need, and there are plenty of fun things to do here.

The biggest recent controversy involved Dr. Pepper, Baylor`s official soft drinks. Some students started a rumor that coke was going to replace Dr. Pepper and that got all the Baylor DP fans rowled up. This is one indicator of school pride, which Baylor has much of. Also, many professors were denied tenure this year and that caused a little upstir.

I love Baylor. I loved it from the very first day of "Welcome Week". The atmosphere is so Christ centered, and you can feel the joy that people have from attending this great place. Never have I been somewhere where I feel so at home. Everyones purpose here is different, but we are all a big family in our love for this school and what it stands for!