Belmont University

« See more reviews of Belmont University

I think the worst thing about my school is the security. There have been some serious security issues happening with the off-campus housing. Belmont security has not improved after the incidents. They are either old, overweight, or indifferent toward their jobs. While they are visible on campus every day, rarely do they take the necessary precautions to ensure students living in on-campus housing are safe. If you are not in freshman housing, which is very close to the center of campus, you are better off fending for yourself.

To me the worst thing about Belmont University is the cost of attending the school. I understand that private universities such as Belmont need to have a high tuition in order to keep up with their own costs, but the financial burden I have taken on with my parents is substantial. Currently, I am struggling to make ends meet with my off-campus apartment. Costs are really starting to add up and sometimes I'm not sure I will be able to make the necessary payments. "Cost" is the worst thing about Belmont University.

Our school faculty doesn't discuss with their students new ideas that they're implementing. Such as their new idea to get rid of smoking on campus completely. They made that decision over the summer so that they wouldn't have to bring it up with the student board, and it's causing a lot of controversy throughout the campus. We just ask that we are part of the decision making process so that our school can be better fitted for our needs and interests.

The dorms were way more expensive than they were really worth. I'll be saving almost five hundred dollars a month when I live in an apartment next year, even though I was in the cheapest dorm on campus. I made a lot of friends so it was almost worth it, but I don't have a lot of money to throw around.

My school focused 90% of their attention (and money) on one major (Music Business). Naturally, any major outside of Music Business was given very little attention. Being a major outside of the Music Business program at Belmont University made me feel a little neglected.

The worst thing about my school is definitely the money situation. I mean, I go to a private institution, but Belmont just raised tuition prices by 5.5% and it's unbearable to pay. They don't offer too many scholarships even though they claim it is easy to obtain one.

Some of the strict christian values inhibit the schools from accepting people and give the school a closed-minded view from the outside community. I want to be able to go to a school where my fellow peers and friends can feel like they are allowed to be themselves.

The lack of communication between admissions, and financial aid other areas at Belmont. When I need help or have a question about something, they just send me to someone else. No one knows the answer, or wants to help me. Belmont can really improve in that area.

If you don't play an instrument or love music more than anything else, you probably won't fit in very well or relate to other students easily. There isn't a whole lot of diversity, both ethnically and as far as different types of personalities and interests go.

Lack of school spirit due an overwhelming amount of students who have no interest in participating in on-campus activities such as Greek life, Division I sports, etc.