Bergen Community College

« See more reviews of Bergen Community College

My classmates are from all different backgrounds, from near & far; they are what make my school a pool of diversity and cultural growth.

My classmates are a mixed bunch of people coming from different backgrounds, levels of education, nationalities, and ages.

There is a diverse group of students.

Socially & Academically acceptable.

BCC is an extremely culturally diverse campus. There are all types of students. A lot of people fit the typical stereotype of having a lack of motivation and being careless about their studies. Having said that, there are also a decent amount of students who are motivated to do very well here. For example, last semester, I was in a statistics class where I was surrounded by very successful and driven classmates. Two classmates in particular ended up transferring to Ivy League schools after that semester. There are always a lot of people in the library throughout the day, studying, reading, and sometimes socializing. In class it is very easy to make friends, but because everyone commutes from all over, it is difficult to maintain friendships outside of the classroom.