Biola University

« See more reviews of Biola University

I brag that the ocean, disneyland, and exciting L.A. are all only about 20 minutes away. The professors are also amazing and you can tell that they are genuinely interested in the success of their students. The classes are small and personal, which allows for more discussion and personal growth. The school places a lot of emphasis on Christian values and helps students find their full potential both spriritually and academically. I really love how the two go hand and hand. Overall, the love of the Lord is highly presented on campus, and this makes for a wonderful school!

I tell my friends that Biola is the most beautiful campus because coming from the East Coast and moving to California where it is warm and sunny mostly all year round, the university is paradise. The professors care greatly about their students and are very passionate about the material they are teaching. Also, the community at Biola is amazing. The majority of students are extremely friendly and want to get to know you. Lastly, Biola is a Christian University. Since attending the university, my life and my faith in God has grown tremendously, which is what matters most.

I brag mostly about how nice and well equipped the campus is as far as ammenties to the students. The cafeteria food is very diverse and offer a large variety for picker eaters or vegetarians/vetgans etc. The dorms are very clean and new, as well as have larger room sizes than most other college dorms. I also like to include how the student to faculty ratio really caters to those requiring more one on one time with professors. There is high technological advancement throughout Biola as well which aids students tremendously.

Biola is a great school with a great community. If I were to brag about anything it would be the event of MockRock. 2014 was the first year that I have participated in it. The MockRock event is this big get together of dance teams who dance to contemporary music all mixed into a giant skit. It was by far the most fun thing that I have done while attending Biola and I can't wait to do it again next year. People camped out all night just so they would be first in line thats how intense it is.

When I describe my university I am unable to prevent a large smile from forming on my face. I believe that Biola University provides a a wonderfully diverse campus that is able to teach liberal arts with a Christian emphasis. An education at Biola is two fold because not only does it provide you with all the tools and knowledge you need to be successful in your career however it also shapes you to change the world for the better through the Lord Jesus Christ.

Community! Because my school is faith-based most of us have similar beliefs and values which creates the perfect opportunity to create those life-long friends while still being able to deepen my relationship with Christ. The professors are very helpful and truly love and care for their students, something that is slowly declining in colleges. The location is great! Fifteen minutes away from the magical Disneyland and thirty minutes away from the beach!

The students are super friendly and fun. The professors care a lot about students and are very good at teaching, very helpful. The campus is a great size: you small enough to walk across but big enough to hold everything you need. And it's beautiful. The library is wonderful: great resources, great places for studying. On-campus eating is actually really easy and the food is surprisingly good. The academic programs are excellent.

I brag about the location. It's located in Southern California. The school is so close by so many fun things: Disneyland, Knott's Berry Farm and downtown L.A. The location also means- the weather. It's sunny and hot. It makes studying so much more fun. It's near the ocean, close to all the great beaches liek Huntington, Newport and Santa Monica.

When I brag about my school, I point out that we have an amazing study abroad program with superbly helpful staff. Due to their incredible staff, I was able to study abroad in Japan. My school has outlets to several parts of the world because of missionaries who have graduated from Biola, so I definitely brag about our presence in the world.

The education I received is beyond compare especially when I interact with students from other Universities and see how much more grounded I am while still being able to think outside the box than they are. BIOLA prepared me well for both the job force as well as Graduate studies. I feel my education was worth every cent!